• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Harvest moon/Story of Seasons

Shipper-Girl-27

Shipping Princess
Bells
Switch
6017-8745-4799
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Camp Bell Tree 2021 Patch
Green Moon Jellyfish
Blue Moon Jellyfish
Tasty Cake
The Bell Tree World Championship 2021 Patch
Tasty Cake
Red Rose
I don’t see one soooo.....

Let’s talk farming. What your favorite HM/SoS game? What was your first game? Do you still play the series? Have a question or need assistance with a game? This is the place.

My first game was Sunshine islands and yes, I still play the series. I’m playing SoS.PoOT right now.

Let’s talk!

My first game was Sunshine Islands as well. I have fond memories of playing that game during my senior year of high school. I did eventually drop that game because of the “quality grade” system and the requirements for the makers.

Fortunately, HM:ANB and SoS:TOT were much more pleasant to play through. My characters married Sanjay and Yuzuki.

I haven’t played PoOT yet because of the reviews, but I hope that the DLC fixes some of the issues. How are you enjoying the game thus far?

What’s your opinion on Jack or Ralph? I’m considering choosing one of them next...but I always change my mind once I play one of these games. :LOL:

my first game was magical melody! it’s still near and dear to my heart, but my favourite game is animal parade. i like the way the console games play more than the handheld ones.

i also haven’t played poot yet — how’s it holding up so far? I’m thinking of picking it up once that big dialogue + makers patch drops, but I’m still not entirely sure yet.

PoOT is really fun so far. While I dated Jack Bluelady, I ended marrying Damon. I only saw a little of Ralph, and I think he’s sweet in his own way. While Ralph really cares about the animals, Jack is this goof ball who’s laid back and just wants to have a little fun.

I married Damon because I personally can’t resist the somewhat bad boy with the motorcycle. Though despite his image he’s trying to play, he’s actually really sweet.

I’m working on a boy file and I don’t know who I’d go after.

The game is very nice, if you’re willing to look passed the issues it has. Everything is easy to unlock and you can play at any pace. There’s definitely too many makers for sure, but nothing that I can’t handle.

I used to play heck out of Trio when I had my 3DS, I married Wayne and had a boy named Austin. I the first SoS I married Raeger, whom I’m excited for in the DLC.

ANB was a good game, but I’ve stopped playing after I married Rod and had a child.
Post automatically merged:

Funny enough, I never played magical melody or animal parade. The closest thing to a older game I’ve played is the FoMT remake. And even in that I ended up going after the new guy Brandon XD

SI was okay, though considering it was my first game, it took me forever to complete it where I wanted it to end. And that took 25 in-game years lol

Last edited:
25 in-game years?! Wow, I wish that I had your patience.

Hmm, I guess that I should watch a walkthrough before making a decision. With Miitopia coming out soon and Rune Factory 5 in the horizon, it’s hard making a decision. 😣 Especially when these games are more expensive than the 3ds ones.

PoOT is really fun so far.

The game is very nice, if you’re willing to look passed the issues it has. Everything is easy to unlock and you can play at any pace. There’s definitely too many makers for sure, but nothing that I can’t handle.
oh, i'm glad to hear it's fun! even with the issues at hand, it's good to know it's still a nice game at base. i'll definitely look into picking it up then after the 1.05 update drops.

I used to play heck out of Trio when I had my 3DS, I married Wayne and had a boy named Austin. I the first SoS I married Raeger, whom I’m excited for in the DLC.
i never finished trio of towns 😅 was too torn on who to marry so i just. did not get married. and marriage is usually my endgame goal in hm so. whoops. i recently downloaded a marriage patch too to make all candidates available no matter your protag gender so uhhhhhhhhhhhh. i am not finishing 3T anytime soon it seems. indecisiveness <3

Funny enough, I never played magical melody or animal parade. The closest thing to a older game I’ve played is the FoMT remake. And even in that I ended up going after the new guy Brandon XD

if you can get your hands on either a wii or the dolphin emulator, I 100% recommend either game! (or tree of tranquility, which is the first Wii HM. i never finished it so I can’t recommend it as easily lol but it is still a really good game). they’re all really solid entries with a lot to do 😊 and ToT+ AP have a really good cast. the MM cast is also fun but that’s mostly because it’s near-entirely comprised of characters from other HM games. and being a somewhat older HM the dialogue is kind of lacking but that’s okay it’s still a lot of fun

To be fair, I went into that game totally blind. I didn’t know that the series even existed.
Post automatically merged:

@vanivon

Haha, yeah PoOT has it’s charm. Though I have friends on the Fogu forum say that they’re going to wait until August to play it. After the DLC fully comes out.

Well, trio does has a awesome cast, I don’t blame you for having trouble deciding.

I’ll look into it thanks.

Last edited:
ahhhh right, the dlc! i haven't really paid attention to it when econsidering whether or not i should get poot & When i should get it because it felt kind of overpriced to me, but maybe waiting for it to drop before i grab it would be a good idea though anyweays just because having it out and available gives me the option of seeing how well the characters and new areas are implemented & if i want to make that extra purchase before starting a file....

side note, the mention of fogu.... ah, fogu. haven't heard that name in years :') i used to frequent that forum a ton. miss it

shan o 123.......................................... hmmMMMMMM it sounds vaguely familiar! i may have seen you around back in the day..........

understandable though lol i get not wanting to wait! once rune factory 5 drops in the US i'm diving onto the costume dlc for that immediately so i get wanting to have dlc asap even if i'm waiting on this one myself

I got the most recent game, and it's a bit slow and repetitive...I haven't been able to get into it. It looks like a great game, I just don't know if I can make it through the early stage stuff to get to the good stuff.

My first game was Harvest Moon 64 and it’s still by far my favorite of the series. Magic melody was also a fun one! I don’t play as much as I use to but the newest one I’ve picked up (aside from story of seasons FoMT which I still haven’t even opened!) was the first game they made with their new name Story of Season. I’ve never gotten around to picking up trio of towns though! I miss the series so much, I wish I had more time to play. I’ve thought about getting PoOT but it’ll probably just be sitting there unopened as well. 🥲

My first game was Harvest Moon 3 for the Gameboy Color. Due to the battery dying or something the catridge does not have my gamesave anymore. Was really into the game in primary school and I remember it fondly.

My favourite games would be Harvest Moon: Animal Parade on the Wii and the first Story of Seasons for the 3DS. Just really liked the family aspect and rival marriages in the first game plus there was a wide variety of farm animals you could take care of. And in Story of Seasons there was just so much to do. And finally some older looking bachelors and bachelorettes :p I think Im played that game until year nine or something. Fun times :)

i saw it! a friend sent it to me. i like the look of it well enough and i will admit i like the graphics more than i like PoOT's -- the player proportions seem more fitting for a console game than the actual console game but i wonder how it'll play. assumedly it'll run on real time, so it'd be probably more a just "check daily for your crops and animals" kind of thing than the "get hooked and play for hours on end" gameplay bokumono tends to offer..........

I first played the very first Harvest Moon game on the Super Nintendo back when it was new. And I loved it. My favorite in the series is Harvest Moon 64.

i saw it! a friend sent it to me. i like the look of it well enough and i will admit i like the graphics more than i like PoOT's -- the player proportions seem more fitting for a console game than the actual console game but i wonder how it'll play. assumedly it'll run on real time, so it'd be probably more a just "check daily for your crops and animals" kind of thing than the "get hooked and play for hours on end" gameplay bokumono tends to offer..........
Saw it as well, though I'm kind of on the fence with this one. Smells like micro transactions to me.

I really like Pioneers of Olive Town but my favorite was Trio of Towns, that was my first Story of Seasons game, it seemed like the NPCs had more personality and I liked that there were 3 very different towns in the game

I really like Pioneers of Olive Town but my favorite was Trio of Towns, that was my first Story of Seasons game, it seemed like the NPCs had more personality and I liked that there were 3 very different towns in the game
Yes. Trio was the best of all the ones I played. There were so many events and I love how each character gets fleshed out more and more.

I first played Harvest Moon DS. The boy version. I don’t think the girl version (DS Cute) existed yet at that time. I’ve also played all the 3DS games, Animal Parade and Mineral Town remake. Animal Parade is definitely my favourite in the series. I don’t have Olive Town yet but it needs some major updates before I’ll consider buying it, plus I’d rather wait until all the DLC is out as well.

Back