• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Happy Home Designer Screenshot Thread

Hellew again!
tumblr_nstqamJrI11sojdvio3_r1_1280.png

Have some more villager interactions with things, like Zell getting drunk;
tumblr_nstsxeRrvi1sojdvio1_400.gif

and sweeping dust from under the bed straight down the drain.
cgePWA.gif

I've been focusing more on exteriors lately, as gardens were my favourite thing to make on NL. - I currently have 2 villagers in HHD with empty houses because of this!!
tumblr_nsvjxt2u3p1sojdvio10_400.jpg

tumblr_nsw4dfIxIu1sojdvio1_400.jpg

tumblr_nsxp3sVB7q1sojdvio1_400.jpg

And I also alerted Ruby to spys on Earth and made a mini solar system
tumblr_nsvj5ol7cA1sojdvio1_400.jpg

tumblr_nsvj5ol7cA1sojdvio2_r1_1280.jpg

Yet again, there's a truckload more on tumblr, I'll probably continue to post a biased handful of my favourites, every 2-3 days here from now.
Also if you just want overall house designs that I've made and less of the silliness, I have a tag for them now. #Jingles houses. It includes shop designs and after the HHD stuff a handful of old NL houses too.

Last edited:
^The downfall here is, early in the game you don't have much furniture. Half my playtime at the moment is revisiting houses I've completed to include new things I've unlocked. And I've only done 18 villagers houses so far!

^The downfall here is, early in the game you don't have much furniture. Half my playtime at the moment is revisiting houses I've completed to include new things I've unlocked. And I've only done 18 villagers houses so far!
I know. What i'm gonna do is make whatever villager's house I request and what they unlock, make it as perfect as possible. Like the beginning of the game for instance. And maybe go back and renew their houses.

Hellew again!
tumblr_nstqamJrI11sojdvio3_r1_1280.png

Have some more villager interactions with things, like Zell getting drunk;
tumblr_nstsxeRrvi1sojdvio1_400.gif

and sweeping dust from under the bed straight down the drain.
cgePWA.gif

I've been focusing more on exteriors lately, as gardens were my favourite thing to make on NL. - I currently have 2 villagers in HHD with empty houses because of this!!
tumblr_nsvjxt2u3p1sojdvio10_400.jpg

tumblr_nsw4dfIxIu1sojdvio1_400.jpg

tumblr_nsxp3sVB7q1sojdvio1_400.jpg

And I also alerted Ruby to spys on Earth and made a mini solar system
tumblr_nsvj5ol7cA1sojdvio1_400.jpg

tumblr_nsvj5ol7cA1sojdvio2_r1_1280.jpg

Yet again, there's a truckload more on tumblr, I'll probably continue to post a biased handful of my favourites, every 2-3 days here from now.
Also if you just want overall house designs that I've made and less of the silliness, I have a tag for them now. #Jingles houses. It includes shop designs and after the HHD stuff a handful of old NL houses too.

Oh mai **** you can hang stuff from hte ceiling.

They better incorporate all this in the next main game ;u;

Okay,
Once you unlock the room arrangements, you can go back and redesign villagers houses. When you talk to them your options are -something along the lines of- rearrange house, change plot, or cancel.
If you chose to change plot, you can then expand rooms! You can only expand so much at a time, and you can chose which direction you want to expand each time. So far I have only tried it starting with a 2 room house from the start. It allowed me to build a 3rd upstairs room of 6x6, expand the main room twice and expand the side room once. Leaving the below image, of a 12x8 room, a 6x6 room to the left and another 6x6 room upstairs.
I think this took 4 expansions. - each required me to go back, talk to Bob, repick the plot of land with Lottie and redecorate.

tumblr_nt2wr2tFlq1sojdvio9_400.jpg

And here's Bob blearily enjoying a corner of his house. :p
tumblr_nsxtk8mfdk1sojdvio1_400.jpg

My favourite little creation of a very fancy shower.
tumblr_nt11ll42M01sojdvio5_400.jpg

Rhondas, idk what she wanted? Perfume apparently? I tried to make it look like it smelt nice. What do you think it smells like? and don't say bisexuals in the morning
tumblr_nt2b4tM0yi1sojdvio4_400.jpg

Zelfies!
tumblr_nszme8szI31sojdvio5_400.jpg

tumblr_nszme8szI31sojdvio1_400.gif

And some more exteriors. Like I said, this is my favourite part of the game. :p
Camofrogs foliage fest, that you have to climb over to reach his house. :3
tumblr_nszikb93Yf1sojdvio6_400.jpg

Muffy and her waterfall garden. Try to tell me you don't want a bridge over a waterfall to your own private garden.
tumblr_nszorgrTGd1sojdvio6_400.jpg

Roscoes tire fence. I had used black partition screens but this looks much nicer.
tumblr_nszqvl5Vt01sojdvio10_400.jpg

Jitters brazillian football pitch, situated on the Amazon, with the rainforest behind it. ~ uh, very sparsly. I intend on editting his house and moving everything around a lot, and putting the pitch indoors.
tumblr_nt17lmWqrT1sojdvio1_400.jpg

And look how long that lasted, I thought you were good at football Jitters, I'm not even finished designing and you're down a ball.
tumblr_nt10cbHay31sojdvio1_400.gif

Okay,
Once you unlock the room arrangements, you can go back and redesign villagers houses. When you talk to them your options are -something along the lines of- rearrange house, change plot, or cancel.
If you chose to change plot, you can then expand rooms! You can only expand so much at a time, and you can chose which direction you want to expand each time. So far I have only tried it starting with a 2 room house from the start. It allowed me to build a 3rd upstairs room of 6x6, expand the main room twice and expand the side room once. Leaving the below image, of a 12x8 room, a 6x6 room to the left and another 6x6 room upstairs.
I think this took 4 expansions. - each required me to go back, talk to Bob, repick the plot of land with Lottie and redecorate.

tumblr_nt2wr2tFlq1sojdvio9_400.jpg

And here's Bob blearily enjoying a corner of his house. :p
tumblr_nsxtk8mfdk1sojdvio1_400.jpg

My favourite little creation of a very fancy shower.
tumblr_nt11ll42M01sojdvio5_400.jpg

Rhondas, idk what she wanted? Perfume apparently? I tried to make it look like it smelt nice. What do you think it smells like? and don't say bisexuals in the morning
tumblr_nt2b4tM0yi1sojdvio4_400.jpg

Zelfies!
tumblr_nszme8szI31sojdvio5_400.jpg

tumblr_nszme8szI31sojdvio1_400.gif

And some more exteriors. Like I said, this is my favourite part of the game. :p
Camofrogs foliage fest, that you have to climb over to reach his house. :3
tumblr_nszikb93Yf1sojdvio6_400.jpg

Muffy and her waterfall garden. Try to tell me you don't want a bridge over a waterfall to your own private garden.
tumblr_nszorgrTGd1sojdvio6_400.jpg

Roscoes tire fence. I had used black partition screens but this looks much nicer.
tumblr_nszqvl5Vt01sojdvio10_400.jpg

Jitters brazillian football pitch, situated on the Amazon, with the rainforest behind it. ~ uh, very sparsly. I intend on editting his house and moving everything around a lot, and putting the pitch indoors.
tumblr_nt17lmWqrT1sojdvio1_400.jpg

And look how long that lasted, I thought you were good at football Jitters, I'm not even finished designing and you're down a ball.
tumblr_nt10cbHay31sojdvio1_400.gif
I think your decorating skills are getting better and not stupid. Like that one house with a lot of ducks on the floor. I hated that one.

I think your decorating skills are getting better and not stupid. Like that one house with a lot of ducks on the floor. I hated that one.

Sometimes it's not about the decorating as much as it's about the humour. I think Jingles is particularly imaginative and I appreciate that more than just a pretty room.

Sometimes it's not about the decorating as much as it's about the humour. I think Jingles is particularly imaginative and I appreciate that more than just a pretty room.
Well. Its just an opinion. I like to see houses that villagers request and doing it perfectly. Pretty much what i'm gonna do. Not make joke houses.

ok i have a question do you need the amiibo cards to get the villager &nd their request or are some available on start up ?

ok i have a question do you need the amiibo cards to get the villager &nd their request or are some available on start up ?

Heya Nizzy: You can play without the cards. Random villagers (3-4 at a time) will show up in your town's main street and you can choose to decorate their homes. The cards will allow you to invite special NPCs (non-villagers) into your game and will also allow you to invite specific villagers so you don't have to just wait for them to show up. But you don't actually need the cards to play.

I don't have the NFC reader and I'm doing fine. :] There's more than enough to do in the game.

Well. Its just an opinion. I like to see houses that villagers request and doing it perfectly. Pretty much what i'm gonna do. Not make joke houses.

Um, It's a bit hard to decorate fit to a request when you can't read Japanese... xD
Plus there are hundreds of blogs out there decorating houses normally and as requested, I aim to show the secret life of Renee and her grandmother, or what goes on in Willows basement. I'd rather do silly things and see what I discover, and what the game makes of it, because that's how I play the game.

Thank you, you understand my aim. Put furniture in the water, trees in the house and villagers on the moon.

I can't wait for the Europe release. Thankfully, people are saying that you don't need the NFC reader, and that ALL villagers will turn up regardless of the cards. It's something like ?28 to preorder.

Time to sell all my DS Lite games and Sims 3 Pets.

Did Jingle make that or is that actually a thing in game? lol amazing either way.

I should probably stop looking at these screenshots because I feel like I'm dying thanks to my excitement, and my excitement is even worst than it was for ACNL. I think I'll make pretty homes for most villagers because of all the new features added (sofas don't have to be a whole square away from the tables!) and all the new furniture and food items, like the cute bento boxes, and then, after I've gotten used to everything, I'll start making houses that make me laugh with villagers that I don't care for (Filbert).

Last edited:
Did Jingle make that or is that actually a thing in game? lol amazing either way.

I made it. I've done a few gifs. (I ought to tag them as gifs tbf so they can be found easier)

Here's another one from yesterday.
tumblr_nt8ms58BTA1sojdvio1_400.gif

If you squint really hard it looks like there a UFO in the distance.

I'll post a bunch of pics probably later today off my tumblr. ~ I just haven't had time lately. (I play the game while travelling in general as I've had a lot of work lately)

My tumblr if you wanna see everything now.
And here's just my house designs.

I don't mind if people post stuff off there onto TBT/this thread like Luffy did btw, just state that it's from my tumblr. - this way you might see stuff more than twice a week on here. :p

Back