• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's your aesthetic? [2024 version]

Croconaw

アリゲイツ
Bells
I searched and the last thread for this was posted in 2015. I could have sworn there was a more recent one, but I cannot find it.

I can't really pinpoint what mine is, but I really like pastels and somewhat saturated colors. I posted on that "phone/desktop background" thread a screenshot of my phone's home screen. It's themed around my favorite hockey team with blue and black icons. I recolored the icons myself. Some were more difficult than others due to the details. I also themed my Spotify playlists today, which prompted me to create this thread.

Feel free to post pictures of your aesthetic if you can't describe it.

I feel that mine is a bit inconsistent.
I really like pastel colors and stars but then I'm also drawn towards things that remind me of Splatoon, and sometimes that's a bit too bright?
I also like rainbows, lol. But even moreso if it is pastel.

My tastes haven't changed much since the last time I posted. I still love dark fantasy, old dolls, and old books.

Aesthetic.png

was previously neutrals when i first posted here, but i've done a bit of a swap

clothes-wise it's funky stuff that is teal, purple or green.

Last edited:
That was freaking me out too, because I remember a more recent version of that thread. Found it. Lol

Mine is still the same!

KuAtcAI.png

I tend to hop around from one aesthetic to the next depending on my mood and the time of year-- I'm interested in a variety of things. (I used to feel almost pressured to stick to one signature aesthetic-- but lately I've had fun trying new things that I've been curious about.) My comfort zone aesthetic is all about calm pastels, soft vintage illustrations, sunsets, heart-shaped things, romantic fairytale themes and floral patterns.

There are a lot of personal nuances when it comes to my tastes and what I gravitate towards, but to sum up my other interests I also enjoy the cottagecore and whimsigoth aesthetics. These elements show up in my autumn wardrobe and around Halloween in particular. I like cozy and wholesome vibes... but I also crave sprinkles of horror every now and then.

No matter what style or color palette I'm into, my constant themes are feminine, whimsical and fairytale-esque. Sometimes I want be the princess, sometimes I want be the witch, and sometimes I want to be the fairy living in her quaint little cottage haha.

Probably pastel colors! I also love neon colors as an honorable mention. However, I think pastel fits best with me simply because I LOVE cutesy stuff! That and I'm into lolita fashion (especially sweet and gothic, which the former proves otherwise). I love soft colors, especially pastel blue and white together! 🩵🤍 (even though the latter isn't a color LOL)
As for themes, definitely Winter and Astronomy! I love both of these a lot X]

Judging by my Instagram feed, I’m going to say that it’s somewhere between pastel magical girl and cottage-core.

Good question. I think I'm pretty femme, I do love pink and queer stuff. You could say I'm a pretty basic white girl, but I'm also a weeb/gamer. Like just imagine a basic white girl with significantly more Pokémon.

Lookwise, I dunno. I'll wear dresses, flannels, hoodies, blouses. I like colors and florals. I have one ultra hippie dress that honestly no one else would wear. I'll wear anything as long as it covers most of my body. My legs will not see the sunshine.

i call my aesthetic haunted chuck e cheese - i like a combination of techwear, a lot of black clothing, and layers, juxtaposed with bright, nostalgic colours. kidcore, dreamcore, 70s, etc. i lean towards an alternative aesthetic generally

I don't really know how I would describe it! I'm not especially fashion-conscious. I'm an adult woman, but tend to dress in "masculine" clothes (whatever that means), I keep my hair quite short, I have a young-looking face, and I never wear any makeup or jewelry whatsoever, so I'm sometimes mistaken for a teenage boy. I don't enjoy the gendered assumptions but I'm MUCH more annoyed about being continually treated like a legal minor. I'm almost 30! I have back pain and tax forms!

I'm overall very small so I tend to wear a combo of women's, boys' and unisex clothing. My favorite colors are shades of blue and yellow, but I like color overall so I wear almost every color at times, alongside black and gray. I cannot abide long pants once the weather hits about 60 degrees Fahrenheit, so I wear a lot of knee-length shorts. My favorite clothing items are my constellation hoodie, my black denim shorts, my soft navy shorts, my holiday-light-patterned overalls, my tiger button-down (not like tiger stripes--it literally has entire tigers all over it), my Rocky Mountain National Park moose hoodie, the zoo t-shirt that represents my local zoo where I am a member, my Sonic and Knuckles hoodie, my black jogger pants, my yellow hoodie shirt, my bigfoot-playing-bass-guitar long sleeve, my rolled blue jeans, my olive green Area 51 bomber jacket, and my large collection of ankle socks covered in foods, outer space themes, video game characters, or animals doing human tasks. (Is it cool to just type out all my clothes instead of making a moodboard? Probably definitely yes.)

If we're talking clothes here, I'm incredibly boring. I just wear plain shirts, pants and shoes that are usually grayscaled-colored.

As for my preferred visual aesthetic when decorating something on the internet, I'm more into calm things that are smooth, easy to look at, and not incredibly busy. I know I've posted my own signature at least 5 separate times or so here on TBT, but I'll post it one more time for the sake of explaining:

Beach Lineup Banner V2.png

The only thing that looks busy are me and the eight villagers (Punchy, Cherry, Tom, Bob, Dotty, Lopez, Katt, Bruce) that are a few of my higher-tier favorites who I want to show off. Remove the characters (and Gulliver if you look at the sun), and it's a sunset over an ocean. Nothing on the ground but water, and clouds in the sky to add a bit of visual appeal. The "Trevor from Wahu" text is in a written-like font, and the little squiggle because I like it when people do that in fancy signatures. Simple things, really.

Also, I can't figure out what the heck the art style is called, but watercolor-like abstract paint art that you'd typically see in coffee shops interests me greatly as well. The Jeopardy set from 20 years ago (my goodness) is also something that pleases me for whatever reason:

Jeopardy Set 2003.jpg

Fun fact: This was the Jeopardy set used from 2003 to 2008, first being used when current host Ken Jennings went on his record game show win streak back as a dominant contestant (and software engineer, as repeated by Johnny Gilbert around 75 episodes or so!).

The copper metal accents, and the way the floor flows visually pleases me. If a library were decorated like this, I wouldn't care if others viewed it as outdated. I think this look aged well, and it would definitely motivate me to expand my knowledge.

Getting to the point, there are times when I'll put on some new age space music, and relax myself by looking at things that are beautiful and easy on the eyes. It's somewhat applied to my aesthetic as a whole, as I'm a very laid back person who wants to express my appeal of soft, simple imagery.

Black, blues and greens. I love bright colours and contrast at the moment, and I wear a lot of cargo pants and shirts, or black singlets with a funky coloured button up over it at the moment. I love cute fish and ghosts, and somewhat haunted or ethereal vibes, especially dark forests and underwater.

Never made one of these before!
2024 moodboard.png

I was just working on making different moodboards for the different aesthetics I have had throughout my life... I'm happy I have somewhere other than my tumblr drafts to share these! lol!

I'm going to start with my aesthetic at 14 years old... Former emo kid! That's me in top left, and middle pictures!

Next I entered a hippie/boho phase in my late teens/early 20's... That's me in top right, and bottom left pictures!

Then in my mid 20's I embraced my life long love for witches and Harry Potter! That's me in the middle left picture and my cat, Loki in the middle right picture!

Lastly, for 2024 as I enter my 30's, I am now loving cottagecore and medieval princess vibes...That's me in the top left, and bottom right pics!

I was just working on making different moodboards for the different aesthetics I have had throughout my life... I'm happy I have somewhere other than my tumblr drafts to share these! lol!

I'm going to start with my aesthetic at 14 years old... Former emo kid! That's me in top left, and middle pictures!

Next I entered a hippie/boho phase in my late teens/early 20's... That's me in top right, and bottom left pictures!

Then in my mid 20's I embraced my life long love for witches and Harry Potter! That's me in the middle left picture and my cat, Loki in the middle right picture!

Lastly, for 2024 as I enter my 30's, I am now loving cottagecore and medieval princess vibes...That's me in the top left, and bottom right pics!

Love this. Fighting the urge to be reborn as a goth as I explore my 20s. lol

i'm not sure it's much of an aesthetic but my fashion tastes are very eclectic/flowy. i tend to wear long gowns, long skirts, tunics and all very ethereal type of movement to the garments. in some ways it's a bit bohemian but the prints/colors tend to be on the more muted/monochrome side of things. there's really only a few colors that i like to wear/buy.

i'd define my "aesthetic" as practical ethereal i guess? it's about making sure i'm comfortable and able to move in my clothes whilst not showing much skin. less of a modesty concern and more of a "i hate shaving my legs/am afraid of sun damage anywhere on my skin"

Back