• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Goldie vs Bea?

Who do you prefer?

• Goldie

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • Bea

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters

Licorice

heh heh horf
Bells
Switch
5714-2655-1799
Toy Duck Plush
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
I’m having a hard time deciding between the two. They are so similar. Bea has asked to move out and I am considering replacing her with Goldie. What do you guys think?

IMG_3710.pngIMG_3711.png

I personaly think switching villagera keeps the game fun, and Goldie is super sweet so maybe have her move in!

In my opinion, you should absolutely replace Bea with Goldie! Nothing against Bea, I just never had any sort of attachment towards her, as I have with Goldie. Not only have I had the pleasure of having her in one of my towns, but labrador retrievers are one of my favourite dog breeds as I grew up with plenty of them! Goldie reminds me of the adorable golden labs I had as a kid, so I can't help but choose her over Bea!

In my opinion, you should absolutely replace Bea with Goldie! Nothing against Bea, I just never had any sort of attachment towards her, as I have with Goldie. Not only have I had the pleasure of having her in one of my towns, but labrador retrievers are one of my favourite dog breeds as I grew up with plenty of them! Goldie reminds me of the adorable golden labs I had as a kid, so I can't help but choose her over Bea!
Yeah I think Bea is very cute with her freckles but I just don’t care about her like I do my other villagers. Idk why.

Switch it up! Goldie is a popular villager, and for good reason. She is usually one of the first villagers you interact with in tutorials for the series, and is based off one of the most popular dog breeds ever. Besides, she's also a normal villager, so it'll be like Bea never left!

I personally like Bea as well, and I think she is equally as good if you don't mind her freckles, which I think are fine and not overdone unlike, ahem, Freckles the duck! If you are on the fence of wanting her to leave, don't make the decision difficult. Go for who you think you'll like best, whether for looks or emotional value (yes, that is definitely a thing in this series).

I love and have both, and both are permanent residents. Goldie’s sweet. It might be fun to switch it up if you don’t want both of them.

i personally like bea better - but like others have said, there’s nothing wrong with shaking it up! i find it fun to get brand new villagers.

I think it depends on personalities that you already have in your island. What other snooty or normal villagers do you have? Goldie is an absolute cutie, I think she hits us all on the “Labrador I had as a child” spot.

Which one you decide to go with is ultimately up to you, but I think you asking this question in the first place is all the answer you need.

Something I do when I can’t decide between two villagers is I’ll leave it up to RNG. I’ll put their names in a random name picker or a similar tool, and if I’m disappointed by the villager that it chooses for me, then that’s my answer. It really comes down to whether or not you can imagine your island without Bea. Are you too attached to her to let her go, or are you ready for a change?

I’m definitely biased since she’s one of my favourite villagers and I currently have her on my island, but my personal preference is Goldie! I love golden retrievers so much, and Goldie is so simplistically wonderful! Though Bea is a cutie as well! 💛

Last edited:
What's with all the Bea slander!!! 😭 Jk it's okay I'm proud to be one of like the only 4 people who like her and I will wear that badge loud and proud 🥹🫶 And as others have said, it's definitely up to you who you choose, but if you asked me I will 100% answer Bea any day of the week. I love Goldie don't get me wrong (she was one of my dreamies in New Leaf!!), but something about Bea makes me want to cherish her forever. Idk gut feeling!!

(also I have commissioned people to draw Bea a good number of times so you can tell how much I love her hehehe)

by chocosongee TBT.png

by chococsongee on TBT

by princess.looking.for.frog tbt.png

by princess.looking.for.frog on TBT

by steak.jpg IG resized.png

by steak.jpg on IG

by Yanrimasart tbt.png

by Yanrimasart on TBT

villager sig.png

by me!! <3

I like both of them, but I prefer Bea’s sweet, shy expression. Goldie has a classic cute look, but Bea stands out that way and has a more memorable face.

(They’re both “normal” villagers, and I love that personality. It should be renamed “sweet” or something lol.)

Up to you. I would pick Goldie simply because I haven't had her before and she reminds me of a golden retriever or yellow labrador. And it seems you had Bea for a while already. Sometimes change is nice. You can always re-hunt for Bea later if you want.

I’m curious as to what you ended up deciding for your villagers. I’ve never had Bea on my island, but after seeing Skar’s lovely art dedicated to her, I might try her out! I have had Goldie and I did like her a lot, so I voted Goldie.

Back