• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Garden size

MiniPocketWorld

🌺💦🏄💦🌺
Bells
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Flimsy Watering Can
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Violet
Purple Violet
I always tend to over do it.

I was curious to know how many of each crop have you guys planted in an area.

I know if you water them each time, one plant produces 3 vegetables. I'm kind of wondering if I should shrink to just 3 plants per crop.

I usually go by a 3x4/3x5 on each veggies, at least that's how I did it when pumpkins were around before I restarted said island.

When I get to have a mini-garden somewhere in my island, I'll do a 3x4 on each veggie.

I have a section of my island dedicated specifically to agriculture and have each crop in a grid of 4x4. You can opt for less if the area you're planting them at isn't a dedicated location.

I have it set up sort of small; several 4x4 plots split by 1x1 paths. I made it all on Patty’s property, as she would easily be the type of villager to run a farm. I could arrange it a different way, but my OCD kicks in and if it looks off I can’t be satisfied.

But yeah, don’t make a crop area super big, as you’ll eventually not need to gather produce every single day. My recommendation would be to have it on the small side, unless it’s a specific theme you’re going for.

The same way that I have my plants in Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons, 3x3 per crop. I was in the process of making them 4x3; but I've changed my mind since then. Now that the basement of my farmer's house will be a wine taste-testing area/cellar, I will have to move her house from the garden area to the vineyard area. I'm still debating on moving the crops closer to the vineyard as well. However, if I do that then it will have to be 1x3 per crop or possibly less.

I only have one area dedicated to it and it's in Sylvana's yard.

F5endLsawAADZu7.jpeg
F5endLoaEAAfPQJ.jpeg

I think I did three 3x4 patches until I finished cooking all diys and got all the achievements. Then I got rid of it. I kept a 3x3 farm patch on my island.

Cigxigxitchiigc

So I want to do a strawberry patch too. I saw someone using plucked red pansys for "strawberries" on the beach. But! We have a sand path that could work, and the white Plumeria shrubs look like strawberry flowers to me. So I want to combine that and fly with it.

I usually make a vineyard and a melon patch (reason why I'm struggling with how many crops I should plant) but I wonder if I should toss the grapes or try to keep them too.

Decisions.

I have 3x3 plots of each crop and it’s like a little farm right outside my museum lol (I didn’t have a whole lot of space when 2.0 was introduced!)

I saw someone using plucked red pansys for "strawberries" on the beach. But! We have a sand path that could work...
You just gave me an excellent idea for a grape farm. I totally forgot that Flowers don't grow if they're planted on sand, and if I put plucked purple pansies on sand, I could have a little grape farm.

I gotta see what else I could do for that...

You just gave me an excellent idea for a grape farm. I totally forgot that Flowers don't grow if they're planted on sand, and if I put plucked purple pansies on sand, I could have a little grape farm.

I gotta see what else I could do for that...
Could use pink hydrangea shrubs too since they look purple.

My garden area is near my house, and it's a bit weird. I have 3x3 areas for 4 of my crops (tomatoes, carrots, potatoes, sugarcane), then a 2x6 area for my wheat, then I tossed my 4x4 area for all 4 pumpkin variants up alongside the nearby cliff, since I originally had it elsewhere on my island but decided it made more sense to have it closer to that area, lmao. It basically came out this way since I needed an area for my crops but didn't want to terraform my island, so I worked with what I got.

osQ2MAD.jpg

Oh boy XD

I'll have to edit with pictures later, but I have both a farm and an orchard-ish type deal.

The farm is, um...
*pauses to go double check how many crops are in the game*
Six! That makes perfect sense.

So, I have a 9x6 rectangle. One row of each crop, nine crops in each row.
Is it overkill? Probably.
Do I care? Nope.

• My sister and I are setting up a material shop.
  • I'm trying to craft every dish.
  • I built a farm aesthetic around the whole thing and I love how it looks.
It's actually one of the most aesthetically pleasing areas on my island alongside the plaza.
((please don't ask me about the market))

Now, the orchard is along the back of my island on the third tier up. It's basically small groupings of three trees each evenly spaced along a long path so that they're not in one giant cluster. Don't ask me about the coconuts because they're more aesthetic along the beach.

((please don't ask me about the beach))

I have mine 4 x 2 like this. I think I took the layout from another town I saw. I also have a big pumpkin farm, which I've had since before we got other crops in the game. I grew a bunch of sugarcanes and keep them in storage because I haven't found a way to make them look good.

IMG_6587.jpeg
IMG_6588.jpeg

one of my gardens looks like this with only punmpkins,
F5YbuXTakAAwtaz.jpg

and then the other one USE TO look like this before more crops got added into the game (I dont have a current picture) BUT I replaced the pumpkins and some of the empty spots I put QR codes on with sugar canes, potatoes, and I think wheat, but I dont have any carrots or tomatoes because I felt like they didnt go with my aesthetic, however I might add some in temporarily so I can cook new recipes I have
EsSBRsvVoAED0nt.jpg

Cigxigxitchiigc

So I want to do a strawberry patch too. I saw someone using plucked red pansys for "strawberries" on the beach. But! We have a sand path that could work, and the white Plumeria shrubs look like strawberry flowers to me. So I want to combine that and fly with it.

I usually make a vineyard and a melon patch (reason why I'm struggling with how many crops I should plant) but I wonder if I should toss the grapes or try to keep them too.

Decisions.
I think flowers can grow on the sand path unlike the beach, unless you don't mind plucking the pansies each time. If you're still struggling on farm size (specifically the strawberry idea), it might help to think of who, what, when, where, and why when creating this area. I pulled some random images on the internet:
You can see in this image they built a structure to go with this farm. It's a little crowded and tight.
2z7kqwaaw6e71.jpg
Smaller and quaint strawberry patch.
E46QU5cXMAApxEM.jpg:large
It's a bigger area and it has a mixture of props and fake structures. They also used bushes (can't tell what kind) It's pretty fun to look at but this would need a dedicated space.
763da864ea1d4b767e89fb47b54478bc.jpg
It's a little more haphazard and not as contained like the previous patches.
ma8zg77r0nj61.jpg

Back