• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Garden size

I think flowers can grow on the sand path unlike the beach, unless you don't mind plucking the pansies each time. If you're still struggling on farm size (specifically the strawberry idea), it might help to think of who, what, when, where, and why when creating this area. I pulled some random images on the internet:
You can see in this image they built a structure to go with this farm. It's a little crowded and tight.
2z7kqwaaw6e71.jpg
Smaller and quaint strawberry patch.
E46QU5cXMAApxEM.jpg:large
It's a bigger area and it has a mixture of props and fake structures. They also used bushes (can't tell what kind) It's pretty fun to look at but this would need a dedicated space.
763da864ea1d4b767e89fb47b54478bc.jpg
It's a little more haphazard and not as contained like the previous patches.
ma8zg77r0nj61.jpg

Thanks. This does give me some ideas for the future. I forgot the sand path works a little different than the beach sand... unfortunately.

I don’t really have a designated farming area.
I made small crop gardens here and there. I had already decorated most parts of my island when the crops appeared, so then I was just left with having to find areas to place them, where they won’t look out of place. Sometimes I hide them. I do like to place them on areas that have easy access for me to grab.

Some are smaller than others but they’ve been enough for me so far.

Carrot: 7 planted.
Wheat: 3 planted.
Sugarcane: 3 planted.
Pumpkins: 4 dark Orange, 2 White, 2 Green.
Potatoes: My potatoes are hidden among the trees. It’s probably one of my biggest patch but you can’t even see it. I have 8 planted. When you walk past, you can see many 1-2.
Tomatoes: I planted 6, but only 2 are easy to reach. I only ever pick from the two.
F6jwGiaWkAIEXjl
F6jwGiXXoAAle4R
F6jwGiaWIAAkQow
F6jwGiYXMAE1ah7

I have a small crop area behind my house.
1695346155749.png

My main farming land is in the country side area of my island. IIRC, Ursala and Erik also have 3x3 pumpkin patches. The only thing I don't really grow in plots of land anymore, are "fake" crops (such as strawberries using flowers or grape hats for vineyards etc.), flower fields, and fruit trees. I have no space to fit these projects in and I prefer regular cedar/oak trees. If I need fruits or flowers for crafts unfortunately I need to make multiplayer trade runs lol.

I did mine kind of weird. I have sugar canes growing on their own, almost as if they're in the wild. Just a few plants. Same with my wheat. My other crops are all together, but I only have a few of each one, and I don't have pumpkins year round. I make a big pumpkin patch to have during the fall, and the location changes depending on what I've got going on. But it's biiiiiig because I need all the colors, because I don't keep my Spooky furniture. I throw it out at the end of the year as if it all "rotted away" and then I make new stuff. Mostly because it gives me a little something more to do.

My farm area consists of 5 of each for the crops (aside from pumpkins). For the pumpkins I keep 4 of each colour. I don't think I would keep less than 4 plants of each for anything just because 3 plants isn't enough to make a full stack of 10. For my fruit trees I have 3 of each and getting an annoying stack of 9 bothers me a little bit (but trees take up too much room so I live with it).

I haven't taken care of my plants lately so they aren't nicely watered but this is how I have them laid out.
Farm!.jpeg

Currently, I have 9 of each type of crop, all close to the penninsula area. But that will be changing! I'm redoing the island again, hopefully for the last time. New plan - separate the different types of crops and reduce the number.

Like the sugarcane. I think it would look nicer around Walt or Drago's houses, by itself, maybe just a few. And I could put the tomatoes in an area where the red would stand out. Basically scatter the different crops all over the island, wherever they fit best. It wouldn't be as convenient for harvesting, but I really don't need to harvest all that much rn.

The wheat, though... I could put if near a bakery area, with outdoor bakery type stuff, OR I could put it by the gnome and the barrels and create more of a brewery type area. 😁

Back