• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Games You Try To Avoid?

I tend to avoid horror (as I scare/get paranoid easy), anime games (final fantasy, fire emblem, its just what i call them and they just never interest me), and fps like cod.
Basically same here, minus FPS.

I avoid all horror/thriller games and anything that has jump scares. I get way too paranoid and anxious with anything that involves jump scares. RPG's, MMORG's and anything of that nature have never appealed to me, with a few exceptions. Mobile games are also terrible and it's been years since I've regularly played a mobile game.

persona 5. the gameplay looks good but the story and characters don't interest me that much. what i've seen and heard makes me uncomfortable as certain mature themes don't seem to be handled very well (i have the same issue with danganronpa)

persona 5. the gameplay looks good but the story and characters don't interest me that much. what i've seen and heard makes me uncomfortable as certain mature themes don't seem to be handled very well (i have the same issue with danganronpa)

Haven't played Persona 5, but you might want to avoid Persona 4 for the same reason. It's the only Persona game I've played, but the way they handle some of the themes is kinda... off and weird.

Haven't played Persona 5, but you might want to avoid Persona 4 for the same reason. It's the only Persona game I've played, but the way they handle some of the themes is kinda... off and weird.

i wasn't aware of that, thanks for letting me know. i don't know much about the persona series but i've played a couple of shin megami tensei games before (strange journey and iv which i enjoyed) and i'm worried about jumping into another mt game, the way p5 handled things just makes me angry lol.

I tend to avoid horror games, especially games with jump scares. Jump scares freak me out too much, and they aren't fun for me at all. I don't really play shooting games aside from Splatoon either. They just don't appeal to me

League of Legends because people are so rude, gross, and bossy to others online....and it's only an online game. So far l haven't played it in awhile which is good but l also really want to play it again.

I try to avoid first-person games as I get sick fairly quickly from playing them (although that doesn't stop me usually from playing some of my favourites of that kind), any addicting games like gatcha games (I get addicted too quickly) and horror games (I'm just a baby and I cannot change this) 🙏

Reactions: Neb
I would say games that have a steep learning curve especially if it's team based. And then overhyped type of games, like I don't buy/play a game because of the movement.

Fortnite, Overwatch, LoL, most FPS. It sucks on the FPS because I'd really like to try one but because I have no play experience; I'm gonna be a doof essentially and most players want to win. I can see myself get berated. 🙁

One of the hyped games/bandwagon movement is Fall Guys. I see the charm of it. It's casual, cute and just an easy party game with no strings attached. The pricing imo is too expensive and on top of that they included a cash shop. I know the devs plan on adding more games but I'm not interested.

I should try to avoid TF2 because it's really addictive to me. 😅 Planning on buying Fall Guys when I can afford it, maybe that'll help.

Are there any games you try to avoid playing at all, and what are your reasons for doing so.

I personally try to avoid playing Minecraft, because it gives me a headache and nausea after 1-2 hours of playing it. I usually then feel kind of lightheaded for the next few hours after playing.

Any of the Zelda#'s, I always go back for a playthrough every few months or the pokemon games. 🦊

Fortnite, also most horror games but Danganronpa is an exception. I don't like games where you randomly kill people or something, I like murder mysteries and stuff.

literally any online game, i enjoy online switch games because most the time i don't have to talk to anyone like on splatoon, mario kart, pokemon etc
animal crossing is fine too because it's just texting

but i mean the online games like on ps4
my brother always plays online and has a headset to talk to people, he's always shouting and getting stressed out with others and idk if i could handle that

also sans undertale, my cousin won't stop talking about it and that game just irritates me so much because of that

Are there any games you try to avoid playing at all, and what are your reasons for doing so.

I personally try to avoid playing Minecraft, because it gives me a headache and nausea after 1-2 hours of playing it. I usually then feel kind of lightheaded for the next few hours after playing.

I've never played the super smash bros games, they look interesting and it's cool there are tournaments and stuff, but I just.. I don't know. It's always my last pick and i'm always finding other games to spend my money on so it just goes to the back of my list the majority of the time. Though I will say I picked up Hyrule Warriors and I don't regret it, a load of fun!

Oh yeah, I do have tons of those games for me to avoid. It's a pretty long list, but I'll explain in each game listed:
  1. Call of Duty (and every game in the fps genre)- to be honest, I never liked the gritty art style and the constant need to release it yearly (or monthly). Also fps games in general are not my cup of tea.
  2. FNAF and mascot horror games- I'm not a big fan of jumpscares as a method of scaring. FNAF is the only mascot horror that has effort put into it, to be honest.
  3. Persona- I admit, I prefer SMT better than the latter. Honestly not a big fan of games with too much time management mechanics and high school pop quiz simulators. (And Shin Megami Tensei had a more interesting setting, being post-apocalyptic and all)
  4. Fortnite and PUBG- same reason as the fps games, I'm not entirely interested in those games.
  5. League of Legends- the gameplay looks pretty boring to be honest.
  6. Final Fantasy games- I couldn't find a good game to start with, let alone which is the best version or port of the entries.
  7. Sonic games- this one is more of the fact that I can't really get the appeal of Sonic the hedgehog especially when most games after Sega Genesis games have mixed to low reviews. It definitely turns me away from trying the games.
  8. Among Us- Despite it's unwavering popularity, I honestly didn't find the gameplay that interesting.
  9. Pokemon Scarlet/Violet- the game's super buggy and the graphics looked unpolished on top of the extremely mid character customization options. These are one of the reasons I avoided that game.

Last edited:
The games I would avoid most? First person shooters like Call of Duty and freemium games like the Terrance and Phillip game from that one South Park episode (even though it’s not a real mobile game). I also don’t see any appeal into games with a lot of hype like Minecraft and Undertale.

I know a few popular games that I avoid for certain reasons:
  • Roblox: The game is still super popular to this day (and is probably better than Minecraft in terms of creative stuff) but the thing is, I’ve always associated the game with angry little kids screaming over microphones via memes on YouTube. Not to mention that the death sound (before they regrettably changed it) made me laugh every time I heard it just because of how ridiculous it sounds. If I got over my stereotype for the game, maybe I would enjoy it.
  • World of Warcraft / League of Legends: I’m grouping these two games together for the same reason - they are super popular on Twitch, but I find both very boring to watch. Maybe it’s because I’m not into fantasy/medieval-type RPG games, but they also have very steep learning curves that would take me forever to learn and master. If you like these games, great, but they’re not for me.
  • The Last of Us: I’ve heard that the games’ story is amazing, and it even spawned a TV show, but it’s a semi-realistic zombie game. I’m no fan of horror, and unfortunately, don’t see myself playing any of the games anytime soon.
  • Fortnite: I’ve played this game many times in its first year, but the novelty wore off when I got older. Nowadays, I just associate Fortnite with casual gamers who know little about paid games simply because Fortnite is free-to-play. Building forts (a major part of the game’s strategy) was always something I couldn’t master anyways, which lead me to play Call of Duty’s Warzone more often.
  • Five Nights at Freddy’s: I realize this game’s popularity on this forum, but it’s just not for me. Again, jump scare horror turns me off. I’ll give the game series credit, however, for being original. Hopefully the upcoming movie gets some good reviews.
  • FIFA: Not a soccer fan, so I have no desire to play the games.

Things rated M, shooters (excluding Splatoon lol), horror, and maybe something I forgot. Generally gachas too but I accidentally started playing one (Pokemon Cafe Remix) because it wasn't advertised as that AND it got added to it later so it wasn't even one originally.
Edit: I knew I forgot something. Realistic sports games. I find it really boring but maybe that's because I'm not interested in real sports either. Something less realistic like the Mario sports games I might play, though. I also tried Golf Story (and thought it was too hard lol) so yeah I will give more interesting ones a chance.

Back