• Most events follow Eastern Daylight Time. The current Space Time is:
  • Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Forest of the Lustrous - Ended!!!

Lovely line art, always a nice way to pass the time :giggle:

image0.png

First of all, I want to thank @LadyDestani, @pawpatrolbab, @BrokenSanity and @Venn for their hugely helpful suggestions of programs to use. Once I got the feel for one of them I was actually able to enjoy coloring in this adorable line art by @Mick. I'm so ready for Challenge 2.

Second, here's my entry. I'm so happy I was able to get it done in time & have fun doing it. I loosely based the insect in the carrier on the Gleaming Butterfly collectible. I know Leif's coat has stars on it but I had the idea of making them look like flowers to match the ones in his hat. I didn't alter the line art. I just colored them to look like flowers.

I'm so looking forward to the next Challenge!
FVfVl2k.png

Here's my colouring work 🥰 I saw something about using coloured pencils and petroleum jelly recently so I gave that I try for colouring this in.
IMG_20220819_192554_(1280_x_1680_pixel).jpg

I also lost Mick's clouds when I printed out the line art and then didn't realize until after much colouring so I drew in some of my own shhhhh 🤫

IMG_20220819_192625_(1280_x_1680_pixel).jpg

Here is my entry for the first round! I tried going for a monochrome effect. This is my first time colouring digitally, so there was a bit of a learning curve… it was a bit tedious at times; however, I had a lot of fun shading! Although there is much to improve on, I’m quite satisfied with how it turned out! 😊
B8487078-08B5-410B-B432-5DB19E005130.jpg

Here's my entry! I felt that coloring something traditionally, while definitely being more time consuming, would be a lot of fun and a good distraction from my current schedule. I did realize a few hours ago that I didn't have a pencil sharpener tho,,, lmao
OH I FORGOT TO SAY- Flick's armor is based off the Horned Hercules and I'm particularly proud of it :]c

Virky20.jpg

Back