• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Forbidden Fortunes [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
muna.png

STARRY EMPEROR⭐🦋

The meeting of the butterfly and the net. The net falls and traps the butterfly if it is higher up. If the net is lower then they both fall, but the butterfly manages to rise again in triumph. Someone always wins.

UprightThe star catches the butterfly – Wealth, financial prosperity.
Reversed The butterfly escapes – Freedom, self-confidence, skillful action.

Untitled118_20231030210015.png

The Ghost

This spooky little guy appears in a reading if you’re due some good fortune. The mischievous spirit of Halloween makes its presence in the fun and good cheer we all share, and good times are soon to be coming your way. Make sure to enjoy each moment and have fun with friends and family!

Untitled67_20231030180232.png

The card “Strength” represents ones own most powerful energy. Strength comes in many forms. Strength can be stability or strength can be change. Strength may be the courage to fight or the toughness to endure. Strength is whatever you many need it to be to get you through whatever challenge may lie ahead. This card depicts Peewee who’s greatest strength is friendship.

The Empress 🐍

zSmOGel.png

The Empress upright:

The person represented by this card can be loving, nurturing and caring, as has financial security or appreciative of beautiful, comforting things. Sometimes, the Empress can point to love and work coming together, either with a coworker, or perhaps a new business venture.

Reversed Empress:

The Empress reversed indicates that you have lost too much of your own willpower and strength because you have started placing too much effort and concern to other people’s affairs. You might be neglecting your own needs, or even smothering the ones you love with your well-intentioned actions.

My tarot card design was inspired by one of my all time favourite artists Alphonse Mucha. I am so happy I was able to use this opportunity to study one of his pieces and incorporate some elements into the design. I haven't drawn animal crossing villagers in like a year so this was so much fun!

My username is in the top right corner.
AdkQt5a.jpg
gOLfjlP.png

IMG_0154.jpeg

Kodama spirits of the forest. Presence of these spirits is a sign that a forest is healthy and flourishing. If a forest is dying the Kodama begin to fade away and will only return if/when the forest begins to heal.

Upright: Compassion, patience, good health, innocence

Reversed: Inconsideration, bad luck, disharmony, disaster​

Reminder that this event ends tomorrow, October 31st, at 11:59pm EDT! If you still plan on submitting an entry, you have just a little over 24 hours left to do so!

I have really enjoyed all of your entries up to this point. Whether they were cute, quirky, humorous, beautiful, haunting, insightful, or just plain fun, there has been something wonderful about each and every one of them!

Reminder that this event ends tomorrow, October 31st, at 11:59pm EDT! If you still plan on submitting an entry, you have just a little over 24 hours left to do so!

I have really enjoyed all of your entries up to this point. Whether they were cute, quirky, humorous, beautiful, haunting, insightful, or just plain fun, there has been something wonderful about each and every one of them!
I'm having problems updating my entry, I get the message: "The upload failed because the file could not be written to the server. The site administrator will need to resolve this before any files can be uploaded"
EDIT: Just saw the message on top about errors displaying on the forum, guess I'll wait.

I'm having problems updating my entry, I get the message: "The upload failed because the file could not be written to the server. The site administrator will need to resolve this before any files can be uploaded"
EDIT: Just saw the message on top about errors displaying on the forum, guess I'll wait.
Yes, we are aware of the issues many users are experiencing. We're hoping to get it resolved as quickly as possible, but we don't have an estimate right now.

The Empress 🐍

zSmOGel.png

The Empress upright:

The person represented by this card can be loving, nurturing and caring, as has financial security or appreciative of beautiful, comforting things. Sometimes, the Empress can point to love and work coming together, either with a coworker, or perhaps a new business venture.

Reversed Empress:

The Empress reversed indicates that you have lost too much of your own willpower and strength because you have started placing too much effort and concern to other people’s affairs. You might be neglecting your own needs, or even smothering the ones you love with your well-intentioned actions.

My tarot card design was inspired by one of my all time favourite artists Alphonse Mucha. I am so happy I was able to use this opportunity to study one of his pieces and incorporate some elements into the design. I haven't drawn animal crossing villagers in like a year so this was so much fun!

My username is in the top right corner.
AdkQt5a.jpg
gOLfjlP.png
YOU JUST KEEP GETTING BETTER 😭

thumbnail_IMG_2851.png

THE UNRAVELING

When drawn upright, this card foretells that you will finally uncover the answer to a mystery that's been plaguing you.
But be careful, as some things are better left dead and buried...

When drawn reversed, it is a sign that a secret you've long kept under wraps is about to be exposed. You can prolong the inevitable by adding to your web of lies, or you can choose to rip the bandage off.​

Screenshot_20231031_095256_Samsung_Notes.jpg

the buried, when right-side up represents the discarding of unnecessary things as well as the loss of things forgotten. though when it's upside-down, it represents a reclaiming of once-thought unnecessary things. typically, that which one still finds to be unnecessary, but actually isn't. this orientation may also signify that one will find something important, long-since forgotten

the card art itself is based upon a cut special npc for the original animal crossing. with the name being a multitude reference to her being speculated to of had something to do with burying, the fact that she's still buried within the game's code, as well as the fact that essentially nintendo has "buried" her inclusion in the series, via not attempting to bring her back in any form

forbidden-fortunes.png

The Star represents trust, faith, and new found clarity. When you’re feeling lost, let the stars guide your way. Glowing in the sky, they will light the right path for your journey and guide you forward.

Upright: Look up at the sky and dream, The Star will illuminate the way. Let go of anything holding you down because inspiration is ready to carry you to new heights.

Reversed: Whether you’re feeling confused or lost, don’t despair! The Star will become a comforting beacon of light. Your dreams and aspirations are still possible - you just need to believe in them again.​

The site is working again! All entries up to this point have been reviewed and accepted. If I have missed yours, please let me know.

This event will end at 11:59pm EDT tonight, so you have a little less than 11 hours remaining to enter.

@Rainbowhorn I'm mentioning you specifically because I know your entry was ready to be submitted. I don't want you to miss the deadline.

IMG_6213.png

Great Fortune represents good luck and prosperity.

Upright: You have a bright future ahead and will flourish no matter what obstacles you face. Stay sensible, and you will be blessed.

Reverse: The insight of a bright future is not lost, however you may need to work extra hard for good things to happen. Your efforts will be acknowledged as long as you do not loose sight of what is important.

template2_3_invert.png

✧❖✦ The Mummy ✦❖✧
The mummy card is about self-preservation and renewal, akin to how the mummy's would be embalmed to preserve bodies, it signifies a need to take care of one self. When you pull this card in the upright position it means you may be over extending yourself, take some take to reflect and treat yourself with care, a new beginning for you is on the horizon. When this card is pulled in the reversed position, it means you are on a path to exhaustion, if you cannot change your ways, you will be lead down a path to destruction.

Shadow Opossum.png

The Shadow Opossum:
Legend tells of an opossum that found an enchanted crystal ball mistakenly thrown in the trash by a powerful fortune teller
When drawn upright the shadow opossum card means you will receive help from an unexpected source in the near future. When drawn in the reversed position the card means that you are destined to accidentally throw something important in the trash. Those who draw the card often report a feeling of being watched by something lurking in the shadows.

(username is located in upper right hand corner on the card. I noticed too late its kind of hard to see.)

🌙 The Lunar Fox🌙
IMG_6219.png

💫 The Lunar Fox is said to appear in the sky on cold, clear winter nights among the stars. 💫

When revealed upright , you will gain new insight and wisdom, and your previous knowledge will
be enhanced. You won't need to question your intuition because your clarity of mind will be at it's peak.

When revealed in reverse , you will encounter a disconnect with reality and find yourself more withdrawn

from society. Perhaps you have been keeping too many secrets that have resulted in your detachment.

This is my interpretation of Whitney since she's one of my favourite villagers. I head canon her as a fox, so I hope this is okay!

unlucky.png

The Unlucky:

Black cats are regarded as the heralds of bad luck, but they are the ones living with it all their lives...

Revealed Uprigh: Symbolizes a prolonged state of bad monetary luck or poor health due to circumstances out of their control, but also that steps must be made to achieve better results. Relates to strong intuition, preparation and generosity with others and oneself.

Revealed Reversed: Indicates that one might be putting efforts into achieving a fruitless endeavour while fixating on not stepping away from that path, to catastrophic results in the end. Relates to repetition, isolation and inpatience.

Last edited:
Entering too! 🌷

F9yoFSRXgAE7lBY

The Tulip

When drawn upright:
The Tulip symbolises true love. Now is the perfect moment to pick a bouquet of tulips and gift it to a loved one.
When drawn reversed: The Tulip signals you to look at the flower field of possibility that lays in front of you. This is your sign to try something new. You might even end up finding a gold tulip! Or will it find you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back