Flu shots.

TheGreatBrain

Bells
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
I've never had a flu shot, and have only had the flu once. ( about 10 years ago). My husband and daughter got the shot about 4 years ago. They both caught the flu a couple of weeks later. My new job requires a flu shot. I'm worried that I'll catch the flu if I get one.

I would like to hear your experiences with the flu and if you have ever gotten the flu shot. Thanks.

I've had the flu shot once and it actually gave me the flu as well. Me and medicine don't go well together. I've had a fever for almost every vaccine I've taken, and it took the 3 tries to find a anxiety medicine that didn't make me sick or overly tired. Anyways back on topic, taking a flu shot is a very risky thing. It's given me the flu once and I'm not going to let that happen again

I don't get the flu really, and I don't get flu shots. Back in ye good ol SWINE FLU days I got a common cold but since Swine Flu was going around I had to be sequestered and couldn't go to school for TWO WEEKS! I hear that lots of people get sick right after getting the shots, which really sucks. I'm horrified of needles and I avoid people for the most part so I am usually good.

I've never had a flu shot but I've been with my grandparents when they had theirs. They were literally in and out within seconds.

When I was younger I used to get the flu after getting the flu shot but now I don't.
Usually after getting any shot I make a smoothie or something.

I get a big red bump where I get my flu shots.
Then I get a fever

One time, when I was really young, the doctor must have been in a super bad mood because when she realized I wasn't going to calm down, she stuck the needle in my arm really hard.

My arm ended up being paralyzed for about 3 days. I guess she hit a nerve?
Needless to say she got fired.

One time, when I was really young, the doctor must have been in a super bad mood because when she realized I wasn't going to calm down, she stuck the needle in my arm really hard.

My arm ended up being paralyzed for about 3 days. I guess she hit a nerve?
Needless to say she got fired.

Wow, that has gotta hurt
Sorry they did that to you
I'm glad she got fired.

i get flu shots regularly. its been about two years since my last shot and ive had at least ten before that. from what i recall, there's barely any blood residue afterwards. maybe just a small dot of blood, but thats just about it -- it heals quickly, so you shouldnt be in any pain afterwards, excluding soreness

When I get a flu shot I usually get the nasal mist spray kind instead so I don't have to touch needles. I've never gotten the flu before, though.

I'm actually allergic to an agent in the flu shot, so I've never gotten one before. I'm also deathly terrified of needles as well, so I guess that's alright. If I'm correct, they also have an option for the vaccine to be administered nasally.

I've never gotten the flu and I've never gotten a flu shot. I don't get sick, ever.

i usually get mine , they tend to make me feel a little under the weather for a day or two but i've only gotten the flu once and i hadn't gotten a shot that year haha

Haven't had the flu since I started getting a shot every year around 2012.. Never had a reaction to one, never regretted getting one, 10/10 would get shot again.

Hi GreatBrain,

I've also been in the position of jobs that require all sorts of shots.

There is a lot of info out there on how to detox after a flu shot. I've heard placing an ice pack on the injection site right after is supposed to help. Searches like "vaccine detoxification" "how to detox after a flu shot" etc. should have a lot of ideas. And since you haven't had the flu in a long time your immunity is probably pretty strong and you should be fine.

Good luck!

I've gotten the flu a few times as a kid, but that's normal because as kids, our immune system sucks. But I've never had the flu shot before until last year when I had to get it for nursing school. I was kinda mad they required me to get one because I never had a problem with the flu rofl. I got one this year too.

Anyway, from my limited experience with flu shots, it makes your arm feel rather sore for a day or two after getting it. Just stretch it out. Never scratch your upper arm where you got the shot. (My mom received vaccines as a kid and she scratched her arms and ended up with huge keloids for most of her life. DO NOT SCRATCH.) If you shower, then just lightly soap and wash off the area where you got the shot.

Hi GreatBrain,

I've also been in the position of jobs that require all sorts of shots.

There is a lot of info out there on how to detox after a flu shot. I've heard placing an ice pack on the injection site right after is supposed to help. Searches like "vaccine detoxification" "how to detox after a flu shot" etc. should have a lot of ideas. And since you haven't had the flu in a long time your immunity is probably pretty strong and you should be fine.

Good luck!

Ahh. Thank you. And thanks to everyone else who have posted. Some of your stories make me a bit worried about getting it, but others are a bit more positive. It's nice to hear other peoples experiences. I guess everyones different, and hopefully I'll do just fine.

sometimes if your immune system is garbage you may get a small cold afterwards or some 2 day thing
thats what happens to me

the rest of my family never gets sick after them tho

I know vaccinations are made to trigger an immune response to, like, a supposedly super watered down version of the virus, but I don't know if people actually get sick from them. But yeah I've never gotten the flu shot and have only had the flu once, twice if you count a stomach flu but that was most likely due to food so yeah, let's go with once. I don't plan on starting either haha.

Back