Flu shots.

I've gotten flu shots for the past three years and didn't have any unpleasant side effects other than a bit of soreness in my upper arm. I had the most vicious flu of my life the year prior to getting a flu shot for the first time, and that's actually what prompted me to start getting them in the first place even though I absolutely loathe needles. Haven't been sick since I started getting the shot and will definitely continue getting them every year; I'll take one tiny death stick over being out of commission for two weeks any day.

I've also heard that coming down with the flu as a result of a flu shot is just a misconception and that people can mistake the normal side effects (low-grade fever, body aches, etc.) for the flu. I guess it's possible that people become sick before their immune system develops the necessary antibodies to protect them from the flu, but the vaccine itself can't actually make you sick based on what I know about it.

I get a flu shot annually as I'm asthmatic, but I rarely have any problems with it. A couple of times I'd be slightly feverish for a day or so after, but nothing too serious :)

Last edited:
Never had the flue shot or the flu. I have to start getting it for work. I really don't care. It's free, and my other option is to constantly wear a mask.

Well, my kids are death magnets. We got them the flu shot the year before last I think and I think it worked, but last year we didn't and suffered the brought death from school plague for like 2 weeks. School just started and the second week in, they brought home the start of school plague. At this point, I try what I can. They are all boys and my nagging does nothing.
---> If someone doesn't wash their hands don't touch their things.
---> Yes, there's hand sanitizer but wash your hands and don't touch stuff.
--> Don't put that in your mouth!
You get the point. Their dad is on a mission to get it done this year, but we keep forgetting and I've been busy and forgetful.

Not for me. Strengthen the body's natural defense: the immune system. You won't need a vaccine unless you're systems are weak.

The last time I've truly been sick (more than 48 hours) was never.

I've always gotten yearly flu shots, and never caught the flu :) Isn't the process of a vaccination pretty much injecting (some form of) the virus into you, so that your body already fights against it? I think I heard something like that before @_@

I don't get them, and I haven't gotten the flu in years. I don't really think it's necessary unless your immune system is compromised or you know you're going to be around those whose are for a prolonged period of time.

I've always gotten yearly flu shots, and never caught the flu :) Isn't the process of a vaccination pretty much injecting (some form of) the virus into you, so that your body already fights against it? I think I heard something like that before @_@

Yup! The virus they inject into you is essentially "dead," and it prompts the creation of antibodies.

Last edited:
I get the flu shot every 2 years or so, and I haven't had the flu in years.

I've never gotten one before but I will be getting quite a lot of vaccinations this year for school. My experiences with vaccinations have always been positive so I don't really have any problem with getting them. My main apprehension is that I get to be a guinea pig for med/pharmacy students practicing giving shots so that will be interesting.

Needles + skin = Before= I cry
And I've gotten some flu shots, but never got sick (except for a small cold)

My body is like incincibody. (I'm glad that I got a tetnis booster in July though because I lately cut my hand on something rusty.)

Back