• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Visit from Mabel

Hansando

Bells
Hi,

My daughter is relatively new to the game. She started playing a year ago (on and off) but can’t seem to progress. The Nook shop still remains the same and we don’t have the Mabel store. She had added multiple rooms to her house though.
I’ve read that Mabel visits the first 30days and asks to set up a shop? Is it possible my daughter has said no to her and this has affected her progression in the game.
Any advice to get Mabel back to the island?

Hi,

My daughter is relatively new to the game. She started playing a year ago (on and off) but can’t seem to progress. The Nook shop still remains the same and we don’t have the Mabel store. She had added multiple rooms to her house though.
I’ve read that Mabel visits the first 30days and asks to set up a shop? Is it possible my daughter has said no to her and this has affected her progression in the game.
Any advice to get Mabel back to the island?
I think Mabel asks to build a shop after you spend a certain amount of money on her stuff. Let me check right quick to see what the amount is...Ok, you have to buy at least 5 items and spend at least 5 thousand bells. Then, she asks you for help finding a location for her shop. Did your daughter already buy the required items?

I think Mabel asks to build a shop after you spend a certain amount of money on her stuff. Let me check right quick to see what the amount is...Ok, you have to buy at least 5 items and spend at least 5 thousand bells. Then, she asks you for help finding a location for her shop. Did your daughter already buy the required items?
in addition to this, i think you have to have the museum built as well.

mabel shows up at least once a week, so the best bet is to just buy all of her stuff when she does show up. i don't think you can say 'no' to her asking to build the shop, so no need to worry about that.

as for upgrading the nook store, you need to buy and spend at least 200,000 bells. you also need to have played for 30 days after the initial shop was built. if she's selling lots of bugs and fish, and buying things, it's likely just a time thing for the shop.

edit - looking at your other post, your daughter isn't the island representative, which is affecting progress. only the island representative can do things like place buildings and be given tasks to progress the story. you'd have to do it through your player character.

Last edited:
Back