• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

favorite console?

Gamecube! It has my favorite controller and most of my favorite games.

Out of all the consoles out there, to me Gamecube is where it is at! :) It has so many great games, has one of the best controllers, has the Gameboy Player, has the ability to do LAN (& technically online as well), and much more going for it.

My gamecube is my baby

Gamecube, hands down. That thing was way ahead of its time with some of the best and most classic games we'll ever see. I've gotten rid of most of my consoles overtime but never felt the need to get rid of my Gamecube. N64 and PC are wonderful as well, of course.

GameCube fav console of all time
Currently PC and switch

You are all my GameCube homies for life. Best controller EVAR.

Objectively I guess the SNES could be argued as the best console of all time but also I feel like you have to divide gaming history and it's consoles into post and pre 3D.

I don't think I've ever had more fun with a system overall than with the cube. So many must-play titles on that one. Let's do the list.

- Rogue Leader: Rogue Squadron II
- Luigi's Mansion
- Super Mario Sunshine
- Mario Kart: Double Dash
- Animal Crossing
- Harvest Moon: It's A Wonderful Life
- F-Zero GX
- Resident Evil: REmake
- Resident Evil: Zero
- Resident Evil 4
- Eternal Darkness
- Tales of Symphonia
- Metroid Prime
- Metroid Prime 2
- Zelda: Wind Waker
- Pikmin
- Pikmin 2
- Mario Party 4
- Super Smash Bros: Melee
- Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
- Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door

...my thumbs are tired now.

Definitely the PC for me. No other consoles can match up to the level of versatility a PC can provide.
Plus I love tinkering and upgrading it.

The switch by far. Still cant get over the fact that I can play pokemon on my tv. It is amazing.

The switch is my favourite current console, I think it a good size to play comfortably in handheld mode without feeling like I'm straining my eyes watching the screen but it's also great that it can easily be switched between that and the TV. Plus all the games that I regularly enjoy playing at the moment are on it so its the only console I play at the moment.

My favourite console of all time though is the Gamecube which is a really great console, I've always preferred the Nintendo consoles for their games and a lot of my childhood favourites were on the GC so I have a lot of fond memories of it.

I'm not really an elitist or console fanboy. I like all of my consoles fairly equally. That said...I use my Xbox One way more than I use my PS4...and I play my Switch for those times that I don't feel like sitting down and committing to a full console game. If I'm thinking "let me plant myself here for a few hours and experience a console game"...then it's Xbox 95% of the time. PS4 is for exclusives and for Virtual Reality. Switch is for daily boredom.

Despite its flaws with the Joy-Cons, the Nintendo Switch if my favourite console thus far; it's versatility with being a hybrid is almost unmatched. Being able to play Skyrim and Zelda in the palm of my hand is actually incredible and I sometimes still think about how awesome it is and how I shouldn't taker it for granted since you never know if the hybrid model will stay with Nintendo's next console (it really should though, they basically hit the jackpot).

mine is either the ps4 or the switch, but heavily leaning toward the ps4 since i've only barely had problems with the dualshock 4, and there's not as many games that appeal to me on the switch, and some of the ones that do i either already own on ps4, or would need a new pro controller to play "properly" since the joycons aren't really ideal for every type of game

I am not completely certain, but my favourite console would probably have to be either Super Nintendo or PlayStation I (yes. Call me "old-school" if you want, ha!). I'm well aware that they might be very "outdated" by now and that many better consoles have come out since then, but those are the ones that I played the most in my childhood (It's not just solely a nostalgia thing though - I still think that these game consoles are fun to play even to this day).

Nintendo 64 might've been one of my favourites IF my parents had actually bought it for us back when it first came out. Back then (around the mid to late 1990s), the grand majority of the kids I knew in school either had a N64 or a PS1, but not both (except maybe if you were rich or just plain lucky). My cousins did have a N64 though, and I vaguely remember playing a little of it when I went over there.

GameCube and PlayStation 2 are very close behind as well, the only thing holding these consoles back is that I didn't ever have much video games for them (Resident Evil 4 and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City are definitely two of my favourite videogames of all-time though! Mario Kart: Double Dash!! as well). I haven't played any new games or consoles since the mid 2000s, so I don't really have much clue about everything else that has come after that (not much of a gamer anymore).

my favourites are my nintendo switch and my 2DS XL

the nintendo switch is literally one of the most lit consoles i've ever had! tbh i didn't play it so much when i first got it because i only had mario kart and arms but then the second i got lozbotw, i was literally playing all the time, that's the game that made me love the switch as much as i do lol

then i love my 2DS XL as much as my switch because it's got all the old DS games i played as a child and all the 3DS games that i love so much ♡
like harvest moon, pokemon, yo-kai watch etc

the PS4 is a pretty good console too
i only have a PS3, which i use as a DVD player but my brother has a PS4 and while none of the games interest me in the slightest, it still seems like a decent console and VR can be fun, at least beat saber is, i haven't tried any other VR games haha

I'm big on handheld. So Nintendo Switch. However, I like the PC library more because of steam. I just hate playing games on a computer though. So my spouse has been looking into a way for me to play Steam games in a "handheld" way. There are methods of course with wifi and all that but we are trying to find what is best for us. He has been looking into it for a while. And I suppose you can hook up a regular controller to the computer which at this point I would settle with but not ideal. I'd need something else to chill in than just a computer chair.

I also really liked the GBA SP but that is like a long time ago lol.

hiii everyone!
soo, what's everyone's favorite console to play on? this can include pc, nintendo switch, xbox, ps4, 3ds, etc!
personally, i like my pc and 3ds. however, i also have an xbox and ps4.
i will be getting a nintendo switch in march, so i don't have an opinion on it yet~
what about you guys? <3

N64: Ocarina of time
Gamecube: Windwaker
Ps1: Rugrats
Ps2: Genji
ps3: Valyria chronicles
ps4: Fallout 4
Ps5: Ghost of Tshushima
Switch: Animal Crossing New Horizons or Zelda Breath of the wild
Xbox: Halo
Xbox 360: Red Dead Redemption
xbox One: Skyrim

My favorite console is the 3ds and the GameCube. They both have so many charming and unique games to play on them. My all time favorite game on GameCube is paper Mario ttyd, due to its story, characters and partners you meet through out the game. Even the music is amazing, not even sounding like a Mario game at all. For the 3ds it would be Majoras Mask 3d in both story and gameplay. Never have I felt so much anxiety from the timer getting close to the end. I love how you can help people and see the reward for doing so and how sad some can be when you complete them to make you more determined to save the world!

Back