• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

🍁 The Mapleberry Herald 🍁

Island/Town Name
Mapleberry
Hemisphere
North
Native Fruit
Peach
Native Flower
Cosmos

Tako

✧*。ヾ(。>﹏<。)ノ゙✧*。
Bells
Island
Mapleberry
New Horizons Token
User Title Color Change
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
Red Candy
Major WIP!

🏝 Mapleberry Island 🏝

Date Founded
19 March 2020

Timezone
GMT +8

Resident Representative
Vv
QBKtbNV.png

Current Residents
tumblr_inline_o2cgodsHsZ1qzb5w4_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_o2cgcf45KO1qzb5w4_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_o2cguxeM7S1qzb5w4_75sq.gifv
Cyd.png
tumblr_inline_o2cgeewTbQ1qzb5w4_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_o2cgvzB7db1qzb5w4_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_o2cgq3m5ZK1qzb5w4_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_o2cgj2v8gA1qzb5w4_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_o2cgm5e13o1qzb5w4_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_o2cgobL8tx1qzb5w4_75sq.gifv

Past Residents
tumblr_inline_o2cgmmYtnM1qzb5w4_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_o2cgebyIaf1qzb5w4_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_o2cgpxuAAH1qzb5w4_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_o2cgklxFou1qzb5w4_75sq.gifv

Last edited:
24 April, 2020
10:13 PM (GMT+8)

Welcome to the first Mapleberry Herald update!

It has been a little over a month since the island was founded, so I'd like to show you how much our little island has progressed during this time.

Here is a picture of our island map from March 24th:
PAxSBDy.png

And here is a map of our island today!
zJrfU8G.png

Compared to a month ago, we have had five more different lovely villager houses built. We've also had the honor of having the Able sisters set up their tailor shop in Mapleberry!

To preserve the natural beauty of the island, we have decided to keep all terraforming efforts to a minimum. Some small ponds have been added to enhance the views in several parts of the island, and we have also created a small lake near a couple of houses. We have also created a cliff in the middle of the island to serve as a picnic area!

All parts of the island is also fully accessible via the use of bridges, stairs, and ramps to allow visitors and residents alike to have free roam of the island. Responses from the general public have been positive so far.

Stay tuned for our next update, where we will be featuring some key locations on our lovely island.

Last edited:
4 May, 2020
11:25 PM (GMT+8)

Good evening! Thank you for tuning in again to the Mapleberry Herald.

One of our earliest neighbor, Lily, had decided to move out over the weekend in search of new adventures. She was the third resident to move in to our lovely island, and will be dearly missed.

Being a 5-star island, it means that the plot of land Lily had left behind was almost immediately snatched up by Melba. This sweet lady have just finished unpacking yesterday so the ladies decided to hold a sleepover party to welcome her to the island. We played some board games, watched a heart-wrenching romance movie, and had a really fun time getting to know our newest neighbor.

Here are some highlights from last night:

5P6c1FC.png
nilQdwK.png
PAm6oy0.png

Moving on, I'd like to introduce one of my favorite areas on the island to relax in on my off days; the bamboo grove located in the northern area of the Cherrydrop Plaza district.

lDgr0EE.png

It is accessible via the red zen bridge right behind our Resident Services building, and is an area that's heavily influenced by Japanese and Eastern culture. As soon as you have crossed the bridge, you will be greeted by a small shopping alley filled with stalls selling various food items and services.

DTY6Zot.png
BXY2Mml.png

If you'd like to take a break from all the hustle and bustle of the shopping area, there is a small rest area that's a little further in. Our residents like to spend some time there enjoying a pot of tea, along with some snacks they've picked up along the way. I have even seen some of them have picnics here!

nK4hjbC.png
AHiKNYm.png

For further relaxation, there is also a spa area with an outdoor bath that has a beautiful view of the northern sea. While I would love to include pictures of what it looks like inside, but the spa was being utilized by a resident when we were taking the pictures.

I am also very happy to say that entry to the spa is always free for residents. Just as Mr. Nook has extended the courtesy to me for setting up my new life on this island at no extra cost, I am paying it forward by allowing all residents to enjoy their lives here on Mapleberry Island to the fullest.

On that note, I shall end this update here. Thank you for reading and I hope to see you soon!

Back