• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

PC vs. Console

How do you game these days?

• Total voters

Ichiban

enjoying the free entertainment while i wait for t
Bells
Island
International Space Cetacean Star Fragment
Rainbow Crescent Moon
Galaxy Swirl
Strawberry Doll
Quirky Doll
Moon Ball
Weird Doll
Strange Doll
Silver Mailbox
Do you play on PC or on Console? (you can choose both!)

I used to have a switch and PS4, but ever since I focused on a tech career I have had a nice powerful PC, which can run all the current gen titles. While the PC itself may have been pricy compared to a console, I find the value in being able to get my games much cheaper than I could on console (Nintendo consoles especially, never a good sale on games there). I also don't have to worry about "exclusivity" as much as most games nowadays release on PC and console, and those that don't (usually from a specific console 😉) can be emulated. I can also upgrade parts down the line if i feel the need to

What about you?

I like both! I play with pc and switch, ps5!

Console. A good gaming PC is usually expensive, and requires a fair amount of upgrades to keep afloat going by what other PC gamers have said before. I don't really play that many games anymore, so just buying a console or two and a few games here and there keeps me content.

I'm a console boy. Always has been

PC sweeps. Mine from 2012 is still capable. Consoles are increasingly annoying and are costing so much I may as well save an extra $400 for a PC. Free online, old games are better on pc. Most new games are better on pc as long as you have specs. Better file management and way faster menus. Finally, game sales are way better, even if Steam sales aren’t what they used to be. With PS5 games being $120 a pop here the game sales would easily make up the cost for the machine.

I do most of my gaming on my consoles, though I can definitely see the appeal of playing on PC. I'm just too lazy/frugal to bother trying to build a gaming PC, lol.

Handheld consoles are my preferred way of playing.

PC all day everyday, I have an Xbox that no longer gets used because it will just never compare to my pc🤷🏻‍♀️

Pc master race 🤟🏻

In an ideal setting, the only reasons I would choose a console version over a PC version would be-
  • The existence of a physical release, which is becoming increasingly more rare for the PC market.
  • The PC version is marred with issues that make for a less enjoyable experience.
  • DRM.
  • My PC can't handle it (which since I'm using a potato from ten years ago, that applies to most games released today sadly)
Otherwise, I'd gladly opt for the PC version every single time if I could.

In general I prefer consoles.. well, I currently only use my Switch. On PC I only play League of Legends and very rarely TrackMania / Sims 4 :)

I've never had a PC powerful enough to run the good, current gen games. I can run some smaller or older stuff on Steam but not graphically intensive AAA stuff or anything. As such, I have only ever had truly substantial experience with consoles. I've been playing games on consoles since childhood.

I'm interested in investing in a powerful gaming PC, whether pre-built or something I build myself from parts (intimidating concept, to be honest) in the future. Conversely, rather than anything to do with games, the only real interest I have in modern consoles at the moment is that I kind of want a PlayStation 5 because of the 4K HD Blu-Ray player functionality it has.

I guess consoles win by default for me due to the current situation, but maybe in the future it will be different.

I do like both, but I’m always going to go with consoles over PC. I have a switch and ps4, and together those run pretty much all the modern games I’m interested in while being way cheaper, and I just don’t like using a keyboard tbh.

Also for my more retro gaming I love the feel of using the console things were made for!

I can definitely see the appeal of just having a PC though.

I do like both, but I’m always going to go with consoles over PC. I have a switch and ps4, and together those run pretty much all the modern games I’m interested in while being way cheaper, and I just don’t like using a keyboard tbh.
you can use any usb controller on PC btw, I use a dualshock

I'm on console with an Xbox Series S and Oled Switch which I find easier to use and is of course stress free when it comes to system requirements that PC players are always asking about when a new game is about to launch.

PC and switch is the best combo! You get access to all the Nintendo games and all the xbox and PS exclusives come to PC eventually!

I have a PC and a switch. I'm about to get Stardew Valley on the PC so I can get all these mods that I had no idea about lol I've been playing it on the switch the whole time

you can use any usb controller on PC btw, I use a dualshock
To be fair, not every PC game is optimized well for controllers. And if you play a lot of multiplayer games, particularly FPS games, it's pretty much impossible to be strategically viable with a controller. And retro games (that are not emulated) also struggle with modern gamepads.

But yes, for 90% of modern single player games, this really isn't an issue. Most games respond well to my Dualshock 4, and on the off chance that they don't, there are mods or software that can help with that. I have friends that just hook their PC's up to the television and use it as though it were a console. It's not a big adjustment, really.

Back