• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

PC vs. Console

How do you game these days?

• Total voters
I love that we can vote for multiple!

I love gaming on handheld consoles--I have an Xbox One, but I don't use it nearly as often as I use my Switch, 3DS, and now Steamdeck, but the laptop I use for gaming is also incredibly dear to me. I have a wide span of games I like to play that are both on console and PC, so it's hard for me to just choose one to stick with!

For me, especially with shooter games, I prefer console because I know the controls. I prefer to hold a controller in my hands and not a mouse and keyboard lol.

Interesting to see two posts with differing opinions on what to use for FPS games

I've always preferred console, because I can take it with me and play anywhere I want.

To be fair, not every PC game is optimized well for controllers. And if you play a lot of multiplayer games, particularly FPS games, it's pretty much impossible to be strategically viable with a controller. And retro games (that are not emulated) also struggle with modern gamepads.
There a bluetooth adapter that syncs PS and xbox to PC and Nintendo consoles, and it tricks them into thinking they are native xbox controllers, so they work with any game. It's wonderful! It fixes what software can't do completely!

I actually like both options whether it would be PC or console games.

It's hard to choose between the two because I love both of them as good gaming platforms ever since I used to play a couple of old flash games and PopCap games (especially Plants vs. Zombies and Peggle) and the console games which included the DS and the Wii games as a kid.

Depending on the games that you want or feel like playing, so why not both options?

Voted for both. I like the exclusives on consoles but hate the membership to play online, which is why PC wins in that regards for me.

I play whatever exclusive game that came out on the PS5 (ps4 formally) and I have a lot of games in my PSN Library, but most of the time I play on my PC.

In terms of Red Dead Redemption 2, I have accumulated hundreds of hours on the PS4 and more on PC. Cant compete when I had a great time on both 🤧

I sometimes play games on my laptop that don't require a lot to run well, but I strongly prefer to play on consoles, especially handheld ones! I'm honestly not all that good with tech ahaha, and from my experience computers tend to require a lot more troubleshooting and upkeep that my brain doesn't like to deal with any more than necessary. 😅 I also try to buy physical copies of games whenever possible, and it seems like most PC games are digital nowadays.
Plus I love the portability of my handhelds! It's so much easier and comfortable for me to curl up on the living room couch with my DS or Switch than it would be to bring my entire laptop in there.

i’ve always been a console girl, and the only gaming systems i own are my nintendo 3ds and switch lite. i never have as much fun gaming on pc, and consoles get bonus points since they’re portable and i’m able to bring them with me places if i want to!

I typically play on console! I’m open to PC but I don’t game that much. xD

mostly console, the games i like best generally just suit it better and it’s handy to be able to take it around with me if i wanted to

There's nothing I play on PC anymore. Everything I play is currently split between Switch and PS4, so I went with console. 😊

I used to be negative to PC gaming, but over the last few years (after getting into FFXIV - which is much better on PC) and running games that work great on PC (The Sims - my favorite PC game before, I've historically had a lot of issues running on PCs) PC has perhaps even become my primary platform.

I also keep on playing the Switch. I don't play other consoles much anymore because I don't like sitting in front of a TV and playing games anymore. The Switch is the perfect console because I can play it anywhere. (but gosh darn it, I really want a PS5 for the next installment of the FFVII remake)

I do both PC and console. I have a massive Switch backlog I need to work on, but instead have spent my time recently playing Genshin Impact and Honkai: Star Rail.

Earlier this year I got a new gaming laptop with my own money. It's the first laptop/computer I've ever bought using my own money, and it works great.

I play PC only, i don't have consoles but i totally get the appeal of them, easier to get, cheaper and no set up. just turn on and go. but i use my PC for way more than gaming so I don't see the need to have a PC and console other than my switch

I've been a console gamer since childhood and I don't really plan on "switching sides." I just prefer the feel of a controller to a mouse and keyboard and a couch and TV over a desk chair and monitor. But these days you can connect game controllers to a PC and tbh there are PC exclusive games I want to play so I plan on getting a moderately good gaming PC one of these days. After I save enough money😵‍💫

I’d say console because I don’t think I could get into PC gaming.

I game on Console and Mobile only.. my laptop doesn't seem to like video games 🙃

But I think I prefer Console gaming for the most part anyway!

Back