• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

favorite console?

Hazeltuft

obama's hidden daughter
Bells
hiii everyone!
soo, what's everyone's favorite console to play on? this can include pc, nintendo switch, xbox, ps4, 3ds, etc!
personally, i like my pc and 3ds. however, i also have an xbox and ps4.
i will be getting a nintendo switch in march, so i don't have an opinion on it yet~
what about you guys? <3

Definitely the 3DS. I love using my Switch and all, but the 3DS is just pretty great. :p

If your favorite video game console isn't the N64 then you're wrong :>

I would say my favorite consoles to play on are the N64, Wii, and 3DS. I find myself using those three more than anything else. In fact, I think those are the only game consoles I brought to my dorm! (Ofc I also brought my gamecube games cause the Wii is backward compatible)
The N64 has a lot of great games and tons of nostalgic value for me. The Wii also has nostalgic value and fantastic games, plus in terms of homebrew it is very versatile in terms of what it's capable of. And the 3DS is pretty much the ultimate portable handheld Nintendo console; I know that the Switch is out and it's technically handheld, but the 3DS can play older DS games plus GB/GBC Virtual Console games. So in a way it's also very versatile! Plus I like to use it to count my steps lol

A lot of my favorite games are on those systems as well, like SM64 and SMG2. :blush:

GBA (sp), Wii, and N64(not all games but it has some gems like mk64 and the first ssb). I'd say 3ds but due to region locks and sme bad VC ports nah. I spent a lot of time on it, though.

Gamecube! It has my favorite controller and most of my favorite games.

Last edited:
switch and 3ds are the best ones handsdown. imo pc is better than any non nintendo console but i wouldnt include pc and handhelds in the category of consoles :lemon:

Gameboy Color and my Nintendo DS with the GBA slot are my fondest memories of gaming. I also really loved my PS2 back in the day, but I didn't have it for too long.

I have a PS4 and soon will have a switch, but I my preference is PC gaming. Steam mostly. I feel like you have more control on pc with modding and the like.

Right now the Switch is my favorite console. In the past it has been DS lite (GBA compatible), 3DS, and PS2.

I would have to say the 3DS. It has most of my favorite games, and it's just a nice thing to have. It feels, looks, and works good. It's a convenient size with a clean interface. I'd almost say it's charming.

A close second would have to be the original RVL-001 Wii. It has countless games I enjoy, plus it's backward compatible with Gamecube titles. It was awsome back in the day.

Last edited:
My SEGA Dreamcast will forever be my favourite console.

Part of that is nostalgia - it was the first console I ever saved up my own money to purchase - but even removing the rose-tinted goggles I'm still amazed at the game library.

It was on the market for less time than the WiiU, and yet it had the best ratio of great:poor games ever in its small-ish library. It was when SEGA were at the very height of their creative powers, releasing both hyper-addictive arcade hits and super forward-looking greats like Shenmue (I still get comfy "coming home" feels from wondering around Yokosuka). Jet Set Radio remains as easily replayable as it ever did. And it was a dream system for fighting game fans.

Its internet features were so exciting as well, and it took until the XBOX 360 for them to be equalled, and even that didn't have a proper web browser.

It also had a lot of what at the time I would have called weird Japan-style games - Seaman, the Chao Gardens of Sonic Adventure, Space Channel 5, L.O.L... It wasn't until Katamari Damacy on the PS2 that I felt that particular itch scratched again. In an odd way, it's a pseudo-genre that I feel Animal Crossing belongs to as well, or at least is adjacent to.

I do as an adult have to admit the controller was a bit rubbish, though. The ergonomics of that thing are quite rough on my less-flexible adult wrists!

If we're talking modern console, it's probably the PS4. But Switch is getting up there as its library expands.

N64 or PS2. I think both of those consoles I had the most games on and probably the best memories. The gamecube was okay and I had it with lots of games, but I really think the N64 felt like something new and exciting for gaming at that time.

Out of all the consoles out there, to me Gamecube is where it is at! :) It has so many great games, has one of the best controllers, has the Gameboy Player, has the ability to do LAN (& technically online as well), and much more going for it.

Given that PC is an option: PC. I can play practically every console game on there with whatever controller I'm most comfortable with as well as games specific for PC.

If I had to go with an actual console though, it would be a toss up between:
- PS3. I love a lot of the PS3's games plus it can play PS1 games. Mine can't play PS2 games (most of them can't) but they have remastered a lot of my favourites from the PS2. It just ends up being a console where I can play a heck of a lot of games I like.
- DS. I wanted to say 3DS, but the DS like the other examples has a huge library of its own games as well as backwards compatibility for even more potential games.

I'm always going to pick options that give me the most [good] available games in one place.

i rarely play anymore, but when i do it's on my switch. so i guess that's the one i like the most.

I play mostly on my PS4 Pro/XB1X nowadays trying to catch up on exclusive and multi-platform titles that I've missed. I only play one title on Switch, which is Splatoon but that could change once AC:NH comes. I'd still prioritize playing on other platforms though. Much more hype on the upcoming PS5 than, say a Switch Pro, if ever that becomes official.

The Switch is currently my favourite console as I can play handheld mode 80% of the time, and dock it when I have friends over. The multiple profiles and no region lock makes it so much easier to buy jrpgs and rhythm games too.

Second is the psp, third 3ds.

I find it uncomfortable to sit still and look at the tv screen. I just find it comfier to lie in bed or read some story chapters to and from work, and portable consoles are super convenient for that.

Back