• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Flipnote Studio! 🐸🧡

xSuperMario64x

Canadian at heart 💜🇨🇦
Bells
Switch
8558-0128-9692
Island
He/him
Purple Hybrid Rose
Bluebird of Happiness Plush
Blue Hybrid Rose
I've mentioned a few times on here that I used to play Flipnote Studio on my DSiXL a lot as a kid. like, a lot. the DSi doesn't have an activity log like the 3DS does, but I guarantee that if it did, my old DSi would say that it had hundreds of hours on FS, perhaps close to a thousand hehehe 😄 I should also mention, I have 500+ hours on Flipnote Studio 3D too, so there's that lol.
I would do animations on there occasionally, but I mostly used it for drawing. I have a few hundred drawings that I made in Flipnote Studio, unfortunately most of them are inaccessible right now since I lost the DSi that has the SD card with all those drawings, but hopefully I can find it someday. I loved drawing animals and Super Mario stuff, mostly, shocking I know. drawing on Flipnote Studio was honestly my life from March 2011 until July 2013, when my original DSi stopped working. those two years were like a defining era of my childhood, I have a lot of great memories with it. 💕

I was one of those kids who grew up playing on Flipnote Hatena a lot too, that's actually where I was inspired to start drawing anthro/furry art! prior to that I really loved drawings animals, but seeing others' anthro art on Hatena gave me lots of new ideas and even led me to create a lot of my own characters (almost all of which I still draw to this day)! the community on there was honestly pretty wild, it probably wasn't a good idea for me to get directly involved when I was only 11-12 years old, but I loved watching others' animations and seeing the neat drawings that people made (not to mention the memes lmaoooo). it's amazing the kinds of drawings you can do in an application with such limited functionality!

does anyone else have a lot of memories playing on Flipnote Studio/Hatena? I've met a few other people online who had a Hatena phase, it's really interesting to click with them in that way. it was definitely one of my absolute favourite childhood memories 🧡

I vividly remember Flipnote Hatena! I never made any (good) animations of my own, but I would spend hours looking through everyone else's works. I wasn't very online at that age (Hatena was around when I was 9-13) so it was my first exposure to a lot of online things. For some reason the one I remember the most is a recreation of Bad Apple!! hahahaha

I'm seriously amazed by what people can achieve with it though. Animation is already hard enough, but like you said the software is so limited that it takes some serious talent to make some of the things people posted on there.

Flipnote Studio was fun. While the software was limited, it was my first experience with digital art as a child, so it holds a special place in my heart. I also liked watching flipnotes that others made on Flipnote Hatena since I was never good at making animations, and I mainly used the software to practice drawing. I remember that I made a few flipnotes on my brother's DSi and I even screenshotted some of my Pokémon drawings for you guys to see.

Staryu.jpg
Kingdra.jpg
Chikorita.jpg
Happiny.jpg
Togekiss.jpg
Medicham.jpg

I LOVE FLIPNOTE!! i wasn't an animator at all but i used to watch tons and tons of flipnote mvs and animation memes on youtube when i was younger. i especially liked the undertale ones for some reason.. even though i never really cared for the game much LMAO.

there was this one sample flipnote where this guy jumpkicks another guy into a void and i just remember replaying it over and over again because i thought it was the most funniest thing ever lol

The day I found out that Flipnote Hatena was gone was a very dark day. I saved some animations from there too, but my SD card got wiped :(

I made a really good animation of the Pillsbury Dough Boy being flattened by a falling boulder. He starts off holding a tray of freshly baked cookies and telling everyone that he has them when a small shadow appears above him that gets progressively bigger and he looks up and sees the boulder and drops the cookies while making a horrified look before it starts squishing him and he screams No as he is being flattened until the boulder has completely flattened him. I then added a message that said “No Dough Boys were hurt during the making of this animation.”

Back