• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Explain your lineup thread

I never got to show my lineup for the first half of the Farewell to New Leaf event so I'll show that along with my current one! :>

As much as I dislike pears, I decided to embrace the green lol. Thank you again @Xara and @skarmoury for lending me some of their collectibles to help make this possible! 💚
Screenshot_2024-03-08_at_12.57.53_AM.png

And I just switched to this lineup last night to manifest a sweet bunny balloon lol. I feel like I don't rock a pink + purple combo too often so this was nice for a change. 😊
Screenshot_2024-03-14_at_2.14.06_PM.png

1710527786465.png
I am once again busting out my colorful Rainbow Feather ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜

This lineup is dedicated to Pokémon Gold, Silver and Crystal and by extension, the remakes HeartGold and SoulSilver. They are some of the best games in the series because not only do they have the best postgame and the superboss Pokémon Trainer Red, but they also introduced so many important and neat ideas that would go on to become staples in the mainline games. Going back to that classic pixelated world of Gen 2 is always a fun time (fortunately I own Pokémon Crystal on New 3DS Virtual Console) Gen 2 also has some of my favorite music tracks, including Dark Cave, Lake of Rage, Routes 32 and 38, Mt. Silver, and especially the National Park 🌳🌳🌳 I love that old school 8-bit Game Boy soundfont.

Now then, to explain the collectibles: the Rainbow Feather represents the Rainbow Wing, a key item used to summon Ho-Oh at the top of the Bell Tower (originally known as the Tin Tower) and the White Feather represents the Silver Wing, a key item that summons Lugia at the bottom of the Whirl Islands (back then I had zero access to online guides so I used to get lost here all the time as a kid, until I somehow figured out the correct path) Both Ho-Oh and Lugia are exceptional Legendary Pokémon, but Ho-Oh is my personal favorite of the two. Overall the better design and lore imo and the FAR SUPERIOR battle theme in HGSS.

My avatar, which I drew to match the aesthetic of my lineup, is based on the Flying Pikachu from the opening of Pokémon Yellow! And I guess by extension, it's also based on LGPE in which your Partner Pikachu can use the Secret Technique Sky Dash, which is pretty much a fun reference to the opening as well. He's carrying a Moon Ball, which is my favorite Apricorn ball. The Red Balloon represents the fire starters 🔥 the Green Balloon represents the Grass starters 🍃 and lastly, the Blue Balloon represents the Water starters 💧

I'll probably switch back to my absolutely lovely pastel lineup soon, but I just wanted to share this one. this is honestly a long time in the making. I finally got my feathers in rainbow order a few months ago and now yellow and purple balloons are a thing, so I finally completed a dream lineup of mine!! I'm so happy with this I can't quite put it in words 😭💓🌈
Screenshot_20240315_233305_Chrome.jpg

the only way this could be better is if the top row was bunny balloons hehehe. probably drive myself insane trying to do that 😂

We are approaching Easter, and I don't figure I'd keep an Easter lineup too far out past Easter, so I figured now was the time to bring out an Easter Egg lineup. This year's lineup is a new twist on an old classic, as it maintains some elements of a previous lineup I used but with some tweaks and a substitution that I feel brings things together well.

Old:
aeLXgep.png

New:
IcVg0N9.png

You'll notice I swapped the places of the Candy Easter Egg and Dark Easter Egg on the bottom row and then substituted the Red Pikmin Easter Egg for the Splat Easter Egg. I thought it was a nice change since the Splat Easter Egg is black underneath the paint splatter and thus complimented the Dark Easter Egg below it, and it's doubly nice since I now have black eggs on the left side and white eggs on the right side. Otherwise it's much the same as before, maintaining the Nintendo row on the top and the colorful, more traditional style Easter eggs on the bottom.

I've had this for a while and was originally going to use it last year, but opted for a half-Halloweaster/half-Easter lineup last year. Glad to finally use this.

EDIT:
I had an epiphany.

299RNjj.png

The yellow of the Daisy Easter Egg pairs pretty well with the gold below the rainbow on the Candy Easter Egg and brings some more balance, maintaining the matching color scheme between the rows that I've got going on. Kirby and Red Pikmin can be alternates in that slot though.

Last edited:
Back