• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

tell me about your hobbies :>

I honestly have very few hobbies. The ones I do have, though, I am very passionate about.

Video Games: This one is a given. I wasn't super into video games until after I got my first console of my own, which was a Nintendo 64 with Super Smash Bros for my birthday in 2000. The real catalyst for my love of gaming though was Zelda: Majora's Mask, which I received for Christmas that same year and still remains my favorite game to this day. I used to be very strongly into competitive types of games, but over time my interests have drifted more toward casual ones. I now mainly stick to Nintendo, especially retro Nintendo, as well as simulation games on PC. My favorite of those is currently American Truck Simulator, in which I've logged just over 1,300 hours into. I also very much enjoy video game music (it's actually one of my favorite kinds of music alongside movie soundtracks), but if I were to go into that one I'd be here for hours so I'll just leave it at that. Other favorite games include Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the DS Pokemon games, and New Leaf.

Coin Collecting: I've been collecting US coins since around 2005, when my dad showed me some of his older coins that he had pulled out of change over the years. I love the history behind old US coinage and the old, symbolic designs our coins used to have that made them more than just money, but works of art as well, far beyond the generic ones we have nowadays. Some of the most beautiful coins the US issued all came around in the early 1900s and would blow anything we have in circulation nowadays out of the water. Most of my coins are from the early to mid 1900s, but I have a fair amount of late 1800s coins, and a few going all the way back to 1804. The next item I'd like to get my hands on one day is a US coin from the 1790s, which is the first decade in which the official United States Mint began striking coins. My collection might be rather small especially for someone who has been collecting for the better part of 17 years, but I am very proud of what I do have.

Travel: While I haven't had a whole lot of opportunities to travel in my life until recently, I've always loved it those few times I could. When I was younger my traveling was limited entirely to whatever road trips my family took, but I thoroughly enjoyed everything about each of them, from the scenery to the destinations and even the sights and sounds of the open road itself, as strange as that might sound. It wasn't until recently that I've actually had both the time and the money to travel on my own accord, but I've had a blast doing so. It's not just the destinations I enjoy either, I love the journey itself too (perhaps even more than the destinations to be honest) whether it's by car, plane, or rail. If money was no longer an issue, I'd likely spend most of my free time traveling anywhere and everywhere. Within reason, of course!

Here are some of the hobbies I enjoy:

Knitting: I’ve been knitting since 2012. I had supplies for a project in Earth Science class in high school, one of the supplies was a ball of yarn. After I completed the project, I looked at the leftover yarn I had. I thought I could start learn how to knit. Then, I got myself a pair of knitting needles and start learning the basics through YouTube. I taught myself how to knit. This year will be 10 years that I started knitting. :)

Crochet: I'm a self-taught crocheter who has been crocheting since 2013. In one class, I saw a student who was crocheting a scarf. Since I knew the basics of knitting, why not start learning how to crochet. I got a crochet kit from a store few weeks later, and started watching the tutorials on YouTube like I did for knitting. Currently, I'm crocheting something that I would use for an event next month.

Language learning: I love learning languages. I want to learn some of them so I could travel one day, and read or watch a TV show/movie/anime/drama without English subtitles. This might be a lot, but I'm currently studying French, Japanese, and Korean.

Video Gaming: I've been playing video games since when I was a kid, but I only played casual and easy games. I hadn't got into the other series like Animal Crossing until college.

I have other hobbies, but I list four of them above for now.

I write and draw MLP fanart in DA and FIM Fiction (mostly the princesses and the villains).

Video games are also my hobby. Same for collecting Lego sets :lemon:

Not long ago I also used to take pictures, but those day are gone.
Nowadays a good play session of ACNH (or Dark Souls) is enogh for a friday night LOL

My biggest hobby is video games. I love seeing what others have created along with finding a game I really enjoy sinking into. I also have been learning how to make video games and find it fun and really interesting. I hope to
get my game complete one day. I have always loved pixel art so I guess that kinda ties into gaming. I often prefer it over polygons but polygons are awesome too.
I have three tiny dogs which I guess some people consider a hobby? Dogs are an interest and I like meeting other dogs and hammies 🐹.
I love learning new things, so I like reading online articles about psychology or inventions and checking out YouTube. I also find religious texts interesting however I have the most interest in my own religion.

I guess anything beyond this is just spur of the moment activities that aren't long term.

I don't really collect items mostly because it has been criticized by so many in my life through time but I do appreciate figurines and plushies others have made similar to how I enjoy what others made in video games. So I guess in another timeline I'd be collecting something. I just like seeing creations people make simply because they enjoy them and not necessarily because of some practical purpose. Probably why I like seeing people's fan art of stuff too.

Reading: I've been reading books throughout the years since I was a kid, but I didn't get into it much until I entered high school, where I went to the library every single day before school starts, during lunch and after school. I think I must have read around 4 hundred books, not including books I have reread because why not.

Video Gaming: I started playing video games when I was younger, enjoying every genre of game there was. I also discovered a lot of games that I would enjoy and replay when I have the chance.

TV/Anime/Movies: I love watching shows and movies, either it be animated or real life. I must spend days of my time trying to watch episodes of series I like, and I enjoy it all.

Fanfiction: I used to write a lot of fanfiction back in the day and only restarted to rewrite so that I can get back into it. I enjoy reading reviews that people write on the stuff I write and it makes me happy people enjoy it very much.

Reading: I don't ****ing read I really need to I have so many ****ing books. I love it though.

Games: I don't ****ing play video games either **** I still haven't finished Legends Arceus

Anime: Is it a hobby? No, it's a lifestyle. And I'm winning. #DigimonAdventure4lyfe

Friends: I love my fwiends, sure'd love to hang out with them someday.

Cross-Stitch: I'm glad multiple people here share the best hobby ever. This is the first hobby I always list because it sounds good. But I do really love it, even though I'm often too lazy to do anything but YouTube ugh.

jy4N2X5.jpeg

fN9So0Y.jpg

Drawing: I don't draw well but it is enjoyable.

bEruar7.jpeg

If you think it's creative, nah it's just copied. Poorly. I don't practice drawing I'm not that passionate about it. It's just enjoyable to do.

Painting: Is it different? Yes. I draw with those OP Twinmarkers that are perfect, I poorly paint with acryl if I get the chance. To be fair it does look pretty similiar though.

kgxWcC0.jpeg

Singing: I also sing poorly in a group. But I haven't been kicked out yet so...

This has been a PSA for doing things badly. Doing things badly? More enjoyable than you think.

I don't have a ton of time these days (adulting is tough on free time) but I still have held on to a few hobbies.

Art/Writing: Been working on world building and characters for several years. I also doodle random stuff when I have time to sit still. I like drawing critters and "tribal" style art. Been drawing since I could hold a pencil.

Crafty strangeness: I get a wild hair every so often and make something out of my usual bubble. I made a really nice spoon ring that I adore and I plan on doing wood burning once the weather turns.

Games: ACNH, Monster Hunter Rise, Pokemon, ect. I've been playing for years to defrag.

I have a few, besides gaming. 😚☕💕💅🏻

✍️Drawing-- I draw a lot of pencil portraits and fanart (especially Pokemon, Disney, and the Sims), but I've been in a drag queen phase lately and drew Kim Chi, Alyssa Edwards, The Vivienne, Kandy Muse, and a few others. I also like to draw high-heeled shoes for shading and perspective. 👠

✍️Writing-- Where do I even begin? This isn't only my hobby but my passion. I started when I was about 8 but took it more seriously when I was 13. All my other social media accounts feature my writing (especially this one! https://www.wattpad.com/user/SvengoolieNewmar1) I also find it fun that a lot of other users share this interest!

🐘Learning about animals-- I always find a new animal to fixate on, it seems. Lately it's been birds, hippos, and walruses. (Or walri? Lol)

👩‍💻Blogging-- Kind of goes with writing

👩‍🎨Coloring-- When I'm too lazy to draw

📚Reading-- Novels and manga, of course.

📺Watching sumo and NJPW-- I need my fighting fix!

🤳Watching/listening to YouTube-- For music and other entertaining videos.

💄Makeup-- I don't wear it bc of sensory issues but it looks so pretty and I love to watch skilled people apply it-- especially a slick black wing! It's like watching someone bungee jump-- cool, but not for me.

🤴🏻Learning about history-- Especially royal history...Idk why

✍️Making lists-- It's one of those things I randomly find myself doing...like from memory I write down sumo wrestlers' names, makeup brands, titles of movies with a certain actress, etc.

Actually, many things. I am just really not constant with what I do and I feel like I would want more time everyday to more things lol. Mainly I study and that drains much time, especially because I get often distracted, so it requires me extra time. I think the most stable hobby I have ever had was playing games. I haven't played too many but I kinda have quite a good knowledge of the video games world. I also like writing, but I have no time for that anymore. I have been a writer for a short period for an Italian Nintendo and Pokémon games website and it was amazing, but then I kinda gave up. I now like writing even more, I just don't have ideas and time.

I also love swimming and I have a special relationship with water. I basically love almost every activity that involves water. I also love fishes, actually animals in general and I have quite good knowledge about them. That since I was a child. Fun fact: my dream job was to be a veterinarian, but the truth is that I am actually not that strong to operate animals and see them suffer. Also, it's kinda nasty as well. Anyway, I am not a fan of practicing sports and indeed I don't, but the only sport I like is swimming and I always wait for summer holidays just to swim. I tried some other sports like karate but I kinda hated them all lol.

I love languages and that's probably what I would study, but in general I don't like most of the jobs that have to do with languages. Ik it's quite an oxymoron, but I look at languages as "something more" to know, rather than just translating. Languages are a way to understand another culture and it is always good to know more about another Country history and traditions. I am also quite a grammar fanatic. That's probably the subject I like the most. I have always been pretty good at grammar and very keen on remembering new rules. Indeed that's the aspect I like the most in learning a new language. But, as I said, it's so good when u can use the language you learned to know more about that Country. I am currently learned Japanese and I'd like to learn German. I have studied a bit of French and I studied at school Latin and Ancient Greek, which was kinda useless because they're dead languages. indeed it's very difficult to have a proper talk with these languages and that's why they were simplified within centuries.

I like art too. I have never been a person that draws much and indeed I m not really good at it. My mom thinks I am kinda good at that, but tbh it's really not the case lol. Also, it's not my main activity. I like history of art. Not really the Middle Age part and I am not a huge fan of Renaissance despite all the amazing artists who lived in that period. My favorite part of history of art is from the Impressionism and Contemporary Art. Contemporary Art is quite underrated because it's not about how it looks but it's about the concept behind that piece of Art and how the concept of Art itself changed. It requires you to get over what you see at first and I really like this idea. It's not really a hobby because I don't go deep into this. I just really enjoy museums and art in general. I also find skyscrapers truly amazing and I m fond of them. Visiting NYC was amazing for me and kinda stressing for my old phone memory that had about a thousand of pics of skyscrapers lol.

I also like music. I m kinda picky because I kinda don't like pop and rock. I indeed like classical music even tho during my high school period I didn't listen to that a lot, so I am discovering now many pieces. That's also because I'd really love to start playing violin again. When I was in Middle school I was admitted to a music section where we studied an instrument in the afternoon and we were part of the school orchestra. It was a very good experience and tbh I kinda miss that. I never truly left the desire of playing violin but with the kind of high school I chose, I did expect to basically study all day and I thought I couldn't do it. High school was very stressing and sometimes I slept just two hours to get ready for interviews but I also had much free time that I basically wasted. I m taking my time to decide if I should start taking a violin course while I am studying at uni because indeed my days would be very busy and hard as hell, but I also feel like I may be doing the same mistake I have made during high school. Still, I enjoy music and sometimes I try to know more about musical history.

the main thing for me is VIDEO GAMES, but other than that i like to sew things out of old clothes (because i don’t have any fabric lol), especially for my sibling. i sewed a bag for their 3DS out of an old jacket and a pencil bag out of an old dress. i am pretty new to it. i only know how to do one stitch but that allows me to make plenty of things. i also like to do other arts, like painting with acrylic paint and making things out of clay!
i sometimes like to watch amphibia and the owl house but i don’t often enough and then i get behind :,)

I don't have much but here they are I guess:

1. Playing Video Games
2. Being on the Computer (watching YouTube Videos and Researching)

Thats about it. I don't really do much these days.

Gaming: I play a range of genres, but JRPGs, visual novels, and platformers are my favorites. I also collect retro games and consoles to play on my CRT TV.

Reading: I’ve read in bed nearly every night since I was 3. My habit of reading during the day dipped at the start of the pandemic, but it’s picking back up. I’m very fond of realistic fiction and science fiction.

Listening and Collecting Music: Most days I listen to music using Tidal. I also keep a small collection of vinyl records and CDs. Used music is generally pretty cheap, so it’s easy to keep the collection going.

Walking and Hiking: I walk at least 2 1/2 miles every day. I do this by taking daily walks or hikes around the city or on nearby trails. Physical activity like this is very fufilling.

Drawing and reading mostly, I have so many tabs up on my browser, all are stories and youtube pages, I have so many story tabs open that I had to open a new browser window to fit more in cause my browser window stopped showing them all.

But yeah, mostly drawing and I would actually like to get into music and rpg maker games (I have a concept I'm developing).
I would say writing as a hobby as well but actually I just type down ideas into a word document and call it a day.
Though I am working on several concepts for things. So many concepts in development.

Fashion - I've loved fashion since I was 14, but clothes never looked how I wanted them to look on me. Since losing weight though I've been much happier exploring new outfits and making a personal style
Travel - I got into travel in 2019, just before the pandemic,, so I haven't been able to travel abroad for ages. So far I've only visited 4 different countries (I'm counting Scotland and Wales here,,). This year I have 2 overseas trips planned though!
Anime/TV Shows/Movies - my main form of entertainment. I've watched anime since I was like 10.
Food/Cooking/Baking - I love trying new foods. I don't cook or bake as much as I want to though because my family's annoying about using the kitchen.
Makeup - Trying new makeup looks is fun, especially eyeshadows
Video Games - I mainly just play Nintendo. I have a collection of old Pokemon games and Nintendo handheld consoles.
Music - I'm into all different genres of music, though my ultimate fav at the moment is Lana del Rey
History - I guess I have to include it since I'm studying it...I have always enjoyed it as a subject, and I do watch documentaries in my spare time.

Music: I enjoy listening to music so much :’) atm im really into pop punk/rock and indie and im also learning how to play ukulele. I’m planning to learn guitar after but I’ll stick to ukulele for now :] Also hoping to take band at school once again next year, but I might switch from saxophone to flute!

Drawing: I used to draw a lot back when I wasn’t going to school in person but I still try to doodle every now and then. Though I’m still trying to find my own style

Crochet: Started crocheting a few months back and whenever I have time I crochet some small projects such as beanies :]

Hiking: I absolutely love hiking, and it is something I'd love to do again. I've been hiking in various places throughout my life, but I'd say my favorite so far is Aravaipa Canyon in Arizona. I'd love to traverse the Grand Canyon someday.

Swimming: I love to swim and try out different swimming techniques. Backfloating is my favorite.

Martial arts: I've done martial arts for 15 years now. I did Karate from 10-18 and Aikido from 16-25, and I still practice Aikido. I have a black belt first degree in Karate (the belt after black belt), and a brown belt second degree in Aikido. It's one of the things I'm most passionate about in life.

Video games: I absolutely love video games. My favorites to play are Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Xenoblade Chronicles, Super Smash Brothers, Shin Megami Tensei, Animal Crossing, Genshin Impact, and others.

Anime: Anime-watching is one of my favorite hobbies. I've watched since 2018 and have already watched between 1,000 and 2,000 episodes of anime. My top five favorite series are Parasyte the maxim, Kill la Kill, My Hero Academia, Cowboy Bebop, and Jujutsu Kaisen. I love a lot of other series as well.

Writing: I'm a gifted writer who has writing talent in both fiction and nonfiction. I've written a lot in the realm of sports journalism, and I also have a book series with an original concept that I'm working on.

Traveling: I love to travel and discover new places. I've been to a plethora of different states in the United States, and I've also been to Canada and Mexico as well. I'd love to visit Japan, New Zealand, and Australia in the future.

Reading: I love to read books, especially ones where I get engrossed and lost in the world. My favorite book series of all time is the Magyk series by Angie Sage. I'd say fantasy in general is my favorite genre.

Hanging out with friends: I love to meet new people, become friends with them, learn about them, and hangout with them. I like to give back to others as well.

Watching sports: Watching sports and following them is another hobby of mine. I love to watch baseball the most. My favorite sports teams are the Dallas Mavericks, Texas Rangers, Dallas Stars, and Dallas Cowboys. I also like to watch other sports like tennis, soccer, and golf, but I don't actively follow those.

Food: Eating and trying different foods is a constant delight for me. I'm always eager to try something new, though I do have my favorites from various cuisines around the world.

Beatboxing: This is a strange one, but I love to beatbox tunes to songs and become good at doing so. I'm really good at beatboxing and it's something I enjoy doing when no one is around.

Spirituality: I'm a non-denomenational Christian. I don't usually go to church, but I do have a personal relationship with God, which is what I believe it should be about.

Learning: I love learning about lots of different things in life. I love learning about disabilities in particular, as I find it helps me not only understand myself, but others as well. I also believe learning is a lifelong journey, and that those with a growth instead of fixed mindset, when it comes to learning, will go the furthest in life.

Cleaning/organizing: I love to clean and organize things, finding the best place for them and making everything neat and orderly.

Interior decoration: Kind of in the box of cleaning/organizing, but different enough to warrant its own box, I have a natural affinity for interior decoration. My mom did as well, so it's only natural I do too. I'm good at matching things together and seeing where they fit best.

Shopping: I love to shop for things and see what kinds of deals I can get on things I want. I've managed to amass a lot of cool and unique items because of this.

Clothes: I like to develop my wardrobe as I get older, getting rid of some things and adding in new ones. I'm pretty good at matching colors and styles as well.

Photography: I like to take pictures of unqiue and cool moments (especially when traveling) and frame them. I do believe there are some moments that can only be told through pictures.

Music: Contrary to popular belief about myself, I do enjoy listening to music. My favorite genres are jazz, jpop, and classic rock.

There's probably more, but I'm forgetting them right now...

i'd say one of my biggest hobbies, next to video games of course, is fashion. i'm not super into high fashion like versace of the sort but i'm much into japanese street fashion. i participate in EGL and would participate more if it werent for the fact that it costs quite a bit of money. its worth the price but i just cant afford to partake more, i only have a few coordinates.
That sounds like a lot of fun! I'd like to learn more about EGL, but don't know where to start.

My hobbies:

Reading - I'm a lifelong bookworm and always have at least one, if not two, books going at any given time. I read all sorts of things, with the exception of horror/true crime, although I mostly gravitate toward fantasy and historical fiction.

Writing - I've sort of slacked at this lately, but I do enjoy it. I have one book I've finished and the rest of the series is in various states of... some sort of draft. I'll get them all finished, some day.

Knitting - This is another thing I've been doing most of my life. I mainly knit socks, but I also love to work lace. Hats are fun, quick things that make good gifts, and scarves are nice mindless projects. There's always something on the needles. The main problem is that I give away just about everything I make, so I don't have a lot of things for myself.

Dolls - I collect higher end fashion dolls (Pullip, Licca, Obitsu) and hybridize playline dolls (mainly Barbie, though I am working on a couple other projects). They are mainly shelf queens, given pretty outfits and displayed, but I do like to take them out and take pictures, when the weather is nice. The main fun is in customizing them and giving them unique looks.

That sounds like a lot of fun! I'd like to learn more about EGL, but don't know where to start.
oh boy, there are so many good resources available, i'd be happy to PM some to you if you're interested! :D

Art: I enjoy creating in many different mediums. I enjoy traditional and digital drawing, painting, sculpture, photography, resin casting, sewing plushies, jewelry/charm making, perler beads, and many other crafts.

Video games: I am an avid gamer and have been for as long as I can remember. I have a collection of retro and contemporary video games spanning from the NES and various Gameboys to couple PS4s and a gaming PC. I love a wide array of genres and am open to trying most games.

Pokemon (pretty much all Pokemon games, I'm essentially a professor at this point. I haven't played Pokemon picross, mystery dungeon or XD, but I've pretty much played every other Pokemon game out there. My favorite games are GS/HGSS, USUM, Snap, New Snap, Stadium, Stadium 2, and Puzzle League) I like to shiny hunt and I have hundreds of shinys from around 10 years of doing it on and off.
Other games that have had the biggest impact on me are (obviously) Animal Crossing, Mario (lots of different Mario games, from the NES and arcade originals to Odyssey, plus spin offs like Mario Kart and Mario Party ofc), Portal 2, Kirby, Spyro (specifically the original trilogy, reignited is pretty great too), Pajama Sam:No need to Hide When it's Dark Outside (and other Humongous games to a lesser degree, loved them as a kid) Psychonauts, Hat in Time, Prince of Persia Sands of Time, Hollow Knight, Resident Evil 4 and 8, Bug Snax, Silent Hill, Zelda (especially the original LOZ, Twilight Princess, and Minish cap) Undertale, Left 4 Dead 1 and 2, Bioshock 1 and 2, Dead Rising, Dokapon Kingdom, Cuphead, Age of Empires, Kingdom Hearts, Persona 3-5, legend of Dragoon,Eternal Eyes, FNAF (especially Help wanted VR), Catherine, Final Fantasy 7 and 9, Enter the Gungeon, The Binding Of Isaac, Atlier Iris: Eternal Mana, Luigi's mansion 3, Later Alligator, Condemned 1 and 2, Fallout 3 and New Vegas, Elder Scrolls Oblivion and Skyrim, Kid Pix, The Witcher 3, Gex, Minecraft, Half Life 2, Wolf Among Us, Borderlands, Red Dead Redemption and Naruto Shippuden 2 (I thought about this for a while and could probably keep naming games all day lol)

Cartoons: I love watching cartoons, I'm always looking for new ones to watch wether its Western, French, or Anime, Pixar, Disney Animation Studios, Cal Arts or Nickelodeon, I just never seemed to grow out of loving animation. I'll spare you the list of cartoons I love (unless anyone is interested lol )

Gardening: it's been a long time passion of mine, I finally have a space to do it in the house my fiance and I bought last year. I have two green house rooms attached to my house (off my bed room and home theater) and I'm currently working on setting them up, currently growing Brandywine tomatoes, Cherry tomatoes, some starry sky petunias, forget me nots, and I even have a blue oyster mushroom block fruiting in there right now. It's a work in progress.

Animals: I love my pets, I have two cats Milo and Magus, and a dog, Moxxi. They're little butts but they bring me so much joy, I love spending time just snuggling them and playing with them. Although I don't have any fish right now I have a fish tank I bought before the pandemic that I'm hoping to set up soon. I spend a ton of time watching animal videos on YouTube, I love learning about snakes, reptiles, amphibians, insects, arthropods, and fish. I've had a bad track record in my life of sticking Bettas in tiny fish bowls with no filter or heater and I'm happy to say I know so much more now about fish care and I want to do it right. My current dream is to set up a Betta community tank. The goal is a 45 gal planted tank with a single betta (possibly a short finned koi betta) a school of either green neon tetras, Endler's livebearers, or white cloud mountain minnows. And at the bottom of the tank possibly kuhli loaches or some African dwarf frogs. Sometime in the future I would also be interested in keeping Amazon milk frogs, dart frogs, or whites tree frogs.

Last edited:
Back