• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

tell me about your hobbies :>

Hobbies are great to have, they're such a nice break from everyday life. Here are my main hobbies:

📖 Writing - this is my true passion. Ever since I could pick up a pen and paper, whether at school or at home, I've always been really keen on writing all kinds of stories and wanting to create a world from scratch, with interesting environments and engaging characters. That's something that has always been a dream of mine. I love how writing is a way I can express my ideas and creativity through something so simple yet deep as words. Just as much as I enjoy writing I also enjoy reading, as they go hand-in-hand. Literature was my favorite subject in school. I loved reading books, excerpts and short stories. As an ambitious kid I started off writing multi-chaptered, super long stories but as I grew up I realized how much I enjoy writing short stories instead, mainly fiction, from genres such as fantasy, horror to romance. While I do write fan fiction I also have written my own original short stories, with eight in total so far. My ultimate dream is to start my very own children's book series.

🎨 Drawing - it's crazy how much I doodled in school lol it seemed that was all I did. I love drawing animals and gardens and the like, I just really love being able to draw the natural world and adorable, silly little things in general. I think because I love watching cartoons so much that's where my love of drawing came from because I wanted to be able to draw all my favorite cartoons, but I didn't have anyone to teach me. I didn't take any special classes to learn how to draw, it just sort of happened haha. I just picked up on drawing myself by imitating what I saw and throughout the course of time, I developed my own art style. I practiced by drawing a ton of Pokémon, Hamtaro, even Courage the Cowardly Dog! I still have a ton to learn but in the meantime I have a lot of fun drawing whatever comes to mind, but I tend to only want to draw when I'm really in the mood for it. Listening to my favorite music/songs/video games OSTs always inspires me and motivates me to draw. It's also really nice when others enjoy what I draw, too <3 along with my ultimate dream of becoming an author, I also want to be my own illustrator and possibly illustrate for other authors, too.

🎮 Video games - been playing games since the good old NES days and that ain't stopping anytime soon 💞 games are just way too much fun and an important part of my life to ever outgrow, which brings me to my next hobby:

🐻 Plush toys - I love love LOVE collecting plushies! It's not just for kids, damn it 😤 adults can totally enjoy them too if it brings them happiness and comfort, as it does me <3<3<3 I was that one kid running around in Toys 'r' Us holding that huge ass panda/dog/horse/sea turtle plush in my arms as happy as can be hoping to everything my mother could afford it. I would get so giddy being in the plushie section (still do!) Even as I'm typing this now I look over to my vast assortment of plushies on my shelf and it brings me such immense joy just looking at them and knowing they'll always be a special part of who I am ☺️💞

Here are some other things I really enjoy doing but don't necessarily consider them hobbies because I don't get to it as much as I would like to:

🌳 Hiking - I love walking in parks, forests, etc. because I love being surrounded by nature. I love listening to the birds, I love smelling the trees and earth, I love it when worms come out when it rains, I love frogs, snakes, chipmunks, skunks and woodland animals in general. Take me on a five hour walk through a park or let me hold a snake or lizard at the zoo and it'll literally be the BEST day ever lmao

🌊 Swimming - the beach is one of my favorite places to visit. I'm self taught when it comes to swimming. It's so much fun and relaxing, and it's great exercise, too. Would love to see some dolphins or go whale watching one day.

✈️ Traveling - would absolutely love to visit many places around the world, particularly Japan and Europe. I enjoy learning about different cultures and languages, I just find it so interesting.

Ok, imma be like everyone else lol. I'm kind of noticing a pattern but it's interesting to see we have a lot of the same hobbies
-Reading. However I have trouble finding good books to read. I read a lot when I was younger and there are so many good kid books, but I don't think there's a lot of good adult books to read. They don't interest me as much and so I don't read a lot anymore. (If anyone who's reading this has any good recommendations I'd appreciate! 😉)
-Writing. I have never finished a story so maybe I should try short stories. Last time I tried to write a novel and I felt like all my ideas shriveled up because I don't know how to work them into the story itself.
-Learning about history. I think history is pretty interesting and I guess just history in general, like world history. Imma be basic again but I like wwi/wwii/Cold War stuff it's kinda cool. And also the French Revolution lol. Chop chop!
-Baking. I love baked goods like pies and cakes and cheesecakes and cookies! Mm 😋
-Music! I play the violin and it's pretty fun... when I'm not stressed out about a performance. I've also tried to learn the piano which I imagine would be fun trying to figure out how to play the roost theme for example, I haven't had much time to learn though. I already enjoy playing animal crossing songs by ear. It's also fun for me to use flat.io to write down songs I like and to figure out what the sheet music might look like.
I also just love listening to music, not just classical but mostly indie pop/indie rock. It's fun!
I love to sing too. I don't sing in front of people a lot. Really only on sundays at church and that's when everyone else can cover my voice up. I have a pretty average voice, but it still feels great to sing.
-Going on walks to look at nature especially when I'm not at home.
-Traveling. I don't do it much because I can't afford it but whenever I get the opportunity it's always a treat for me to be able to see other places even if it's only a few hours away.
Post automatically merged:

Oh also - I forgot gaming lol. Everyone here I think has said gaming. Ever since I was a little kid playing on my family's console I grew up with a love of gaming. I had a lot of brothers too and they introduced me to so many games. I mostly like animal crossing right now but I love so many nintendo, PlayStation, and indie games in addition to that

Back