• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Error Code: 86420

bloodbend3r

Bells
when trying to connect to friends over wifi, i keep getting error code 86420, which means:

"This error occurs when there is a communication problem between players during online gameplay.

Try this:

1. If your router's security software (firewall) is turned on, it may block communication that is required for online gameplay. To fix this, try disabling the router's firewall*.
1. Most firewall settings are located under the "Advanced" or "Security" tab.

2. If the problem still persists with the firewall off, you may need to open ports on your router through the Port Forwarding feature.
1. Create a manual connection on your Wii and assign a static IP Address.
2. Open ports 1 through 65535 as both TCP and UDP.
3. Ensure the ports are forwarded to the same IP Address given to the Wii during the manual setup.
"

--Nintendo Customer Service website

it's all jarble to me, so could someone translate this to english please? thank you!

I had that error code yesterday aswell.

Rorato said:
Umm... I hate to break it to you, but that is in english.... I could read it fine...
facepalm.jpg

i meant that since there are a lot of technical terms in it that maybe someone could translate it's meaning into something that those of us that aren't technical savvy could understand.

It's just a network error most likely, or it could be an issue with your router. If your router is 2WIRE, then it might be something with the firewall like it says or the router itself.

Here I can make this easier for you.
Here is what it means.
THERES SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOUR WIFI. -noddes head-
Hope that helped.
Or you could go here

Try disabling the firewall* (also called SPI firewall). Netgear routers have this setting located under the "WAN Setup" tab of the router settings page. Other routers usually have it located under the "Security", "Firewall", or "Filter" settings.
In order to solve this problem, you may consider adjusting your router's Port Forwarding settings*. If you need help logging into your router, you may check our router look-up page by clicking here (link) to see if your model number is listed. If you do not see your router on our list, you may select any similar model by the same manufacturer to find default log-in and setting information. If you are still having trouble, contact your router manufacturer or the company that provided it for assistance in accessing the router settings. For specific information about your router's Port Forwarding settings, please see your router's user manual.

Before you begin with Port Forwarding settings, you will need to configure your Wii's Internet Connection with manual information. For steps on how to do this, click here.
Locate the Port Forwarding settings in your router. If the router asks for an "Application" or "Service" name, you can assign it anything you wish, such as "Wii", "Wi-Fi", "Nintendo", etc.

* The starting port to open is 1, the ending port to open is 65535 (or as high as the router will allow).
* Protocols will need to be set to UDP only.
* Set the IP address for the ports to forward to the same IP address you assigned to the Wii.
* If there is a box to enable the settings, be sure it is checked. Apply the changes.

Try enabling the "DMZ"* feature of the router and setting it to the Wii's IP address (see the instructions above on manually setting up the Wii's IP address).
Ensure your router has the latest firmware installed. Visit your router manufacturer's website and look for any updated firmware that may be available (these are typically found under "downloads" or "support", or by searching for your particular model number). For instructions on how to properly update the firmware, please follow the instructions on the manufacturer's website or refer to your router's user manual. Using the "auto update" feature from your router settings page may not get you the most updated firmware.
Lastly, if you are using a wireless router, the error may be caused by interference, weak signal, or a basic setting on the router that needs to be adjusted. Please review our general router troubleshooting
The error code may be caused by "chaining" multiple routers together on the network. "Chaining" might cause connection problems when trying to access the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. If you have multiple routers "chained" together, see if it's possible to connect the Wii directly to the first router on the network (the router that is directly connected to the modem). If this first router is maintained by an administrator other than you, such as many routers found in office buildings, apartments, or dormitories, then you will need to contact the administrator for assistance. If this is not possible, you may have to find an alternate way to connect online.

If this troubleshooting hasn't helped you, or you would like more specific assistance, please call 1-800-255-3700 so that they may assist you over the phone.

I used get that aswell so then I got a 20m cat wire (something like that) To connect from the wii to the router. The connection is much better. You could also get an eternet wire.

Back