• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Gallery đź”µ e-reader Card Designs Ported to New Leaf! (WORK IN PROGRESS [13/15 Design Cards])

MasterM64

🍀 Mayor of PARADISE 🍀
Bells
Switch
4379-5352-7409
Orange Hybrid Hyacinth
Orange Hybrid Hyacinth
Orange Hybrid Hyacinth
Orange Hybrid Hyacinth
Orange Hybrid Hyacinth
Orange Hybrid Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Golden Watering Can
🔵 e-reader Card Designs Ported to New Leaf! (WORK IN PROGRESS [13/15 Design Cards])

thumbnail

Works for New Horizons AND New Leaf! :D

Since the Gamecube days, I personally have been a huge Animal Crossing fan and have enjoyed the series evolve over the years. Regardless of the evolvement, I have always retained a strong fondness for the Gamecube AC and one of the many neat features I enjoyed in it was the Nintendo e-reader features! For those who do not know, the Nintendo e-reader was a neat peripheral released during the Gamecube/Gameboy Advance era that allowed players to scan specialized cards to unlock various forms of content including entire games that remain exclusive to it to this day! In the Gamecube installment of Animal Crossing, you could scan these cards to get special gifts from villagers, change your town tune, get exclusive NES games (Mario Bros. & Ice Climber), play exclusive minigames, and get exclusive designs (example of a design card can be found below)! :D

thumbnail
thumbnail

Since I have put countless hours into New Leaf and because I love the Gamecube Animal Crossing so much, I have decided to port over every single e-reader card design to New Leaf as a fun project so people can enjoy these awesome designs and to also make it easier to port them over to AC Switch once it is released! :) This thread is a work in progress and it will take a while to make all of them, but it will be worth it! :D I'll be making update posts each time I add a new design. :)

Note: If any of the images are having issues rendering, it is due to the host I am using to store my images having issues.

~ Design Card D01 ("Shine Sprite"):
thumbnail
Summer Dress Variant:
thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail

Sleeveless Shirt Variant:
thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail
~ Design Card D02 ("Jumpman Mario"):
thumbnail
thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail
~ Design Card D03 ("Samus's Suit"):
thumbnail
Coming Soon!
~ Design Card D04 ("Pikmin Pattern"):
thumbnail
thumbnail
~ Design Card D05 ("Star Fox Emblem"):
thumbnail
thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail
~ Design Card D06 ("K.K. Tour Tee"):
thumbnail
thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail
~ Design Card D07 ("Hero's Tunic"):
thumbnail
Coming Soon!
~ Design Card D08 ("Triforce Tile"):
thumbnail
thumbnail
~ Design Card D09 ("Kirby Wallpaper"):
thumbnail
thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail
~ Design Card D10 ("Resetti's Wrath"):
thumbnail
thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail
~ Design Card D11 ("Yoshi's Egg"):
thumbnail
thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail
~ Design Card D12 ("Poke Ball):
thumbnail
thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail
~ Design Card D13 ("li'l miser shirt"):
thumbnail
thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail
~ Design Card D14 ("Kapp'n's Kisser"):
thumbnail
thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail
~ Design Card PR ("NES Link" - Nintendo Power Promo):
thumbnail
thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail

Last edited:
Just added Resetti's Wrath and NES Link QR Codes after getting a microSD->SD Adapter! Hope y'all enjoy them! :D Hopefully I will have more added soon! :)

These are AMAZING! Love the Resetti one! I can't imagine the work that goes into each one. Thank you for doing these!

These are AMAZING! Love the Resetti one! I can't imagine the work that goes into each one. Thank you for doing these!

Thank you for the feedback and you are absolutely welcome! :D Certain ones definitely take a bit due to their complexity (like the Resetti one)! lol

Just added the Shine Sprite design QR Codes! :D Like the other designs so far, I made it a Pro Design so it looks really nice when worn! :) Since I wanted to display it in my Able Sisters and to experiment with design methods, I made this one a dress.

Thank you for the feedback and you are absolutely welcome! :D Certain ones definitely take a bit due to their complexity (like the Resetti one)! lol

The Resetti one does look like it would take some time & focus to do it right. I imagine a fair number of them might be tricky!

The Shine Sprite dress is gorgeous! That's going to be my go to summer dress for my mayor from here on out. Thank you again for making these!

I'm looking forward to the KK tour tee, and I also like Resetti's Wrath-e. Gonna make my new mayor wear it for a while.

The Resetti one does look like it would take some time & focus to do it right. I imagine a fair number of them might be tricky!

The Shine Sprite dress is gorgeous! That's going to be my go to summer dress for my mayor from here on out. Thank you again for making these!

I'm looking forward to the KK tour tee, and I also like Resetti's Wrath-e. Gonna make my new mayor wear it for a while.

Thank you both for the feedback! :D I am glad to hear that y'all love the Resetti pattern, it definitely is one of my favorites of this set of patterns. :) The Shine Sprite is most likely my top favorite pattern in the set so I was absolutely thrilled when I managed to port it and it is now my town flag! It truly warms my heart to hear that Valzed! :D

The K.K. Tour Tee along with Jumpman Mario are going to be the next patterns most likely. :D

Last edited:
These are amazing. I'll be using these. Also I love how you have made the first one into e-reader card.

Last edited:
These are amazing. I'll be using these. Also I love how you have made the first one into e-reader card.

Thank you my friend, I am so glad to hear that! :D Are you talking about the thumbnail for the thread?

The kirby one at the very top almost looks like the real ones.:)

The kirby one at the very top almost looks like the real ones.:)

Oh, those are screenshots of the actual card! I have pictures of every design card front and back saved on my computer for reference. :)

Just added Jumpman Mario, K.K. Tour Tee, and Shine Sprite sleeveless shirt variant QR Codes! :D I created the Shine Sprite variant so that people have more style choices with the design (since it such an amazing design for summer attire) and to also have a more inclusive option per say (I plan on making this variant my shirt for my character when I finish all the designs!). ;) For the K.K. Tour Tee, I added a special back to it that says "K.K. Tour 2001" with a musical symbol to symbolize the fact that K.K. has been touring our towns since the Gamecube days back in 2001! I hope y'all enjoy these new designs! :D

Just added Jumpman Mario, K.K. Tour Tee, and Shine Sprite sleeveless shirt variant QR Codes! :D I created the Shine Sprite variant so that people have more style choices with the design (since it such an amazing design for summer attire) and to also have a more inclusive option per say (I plan on making this variant my shirt for my character when I finish all the designs!). ;) For the K.K. Tour Tee, I added a special back to it that says "K.K. Tour 2001" with a musical symbol to symbolize the fact that K.K. has been touring our towns since the Gamecube days back in 2001! I hope y'all enjoy these new designs! :D

More awesomeness! The shirt variant is a fantastic idea for the Sprite! I love both version! OMGosh, the KK tour shirt is fantastic! I love what you added to the back - it's perfect! Ah, Jumpman - sadly, I'm old enough to remember Jumpman.

More awesomeness! The shirt variant is a fantastic idea for the Sprite! I love both version! OMGosh, the KK tour shirt is fantastic! I love what you added to the back - it's perfect! Ah, Jumpman - sadly, I'm old enough to remember Jumpman.

Thank you for the additional feedback Valzed, means a ton! :D Nothing to be sad about, you got to see our hobby evolve from 8-bit classics to super-immersive, 3D 4K modern works! :) I bet it was really cool being able to be there to see the significant changes/innovations and appreciate how far the video game industry has come!

Thank you for the additional feedback Valzed, means a ton! :D Nothing to be sad about, you got to see our hobby evolve from 8-bit classics to super-immersive, 3D 4K modern works! :) I bet it was really cool being able to be there to see the significant changes/innovations and appreciate how far the video game industry has come!

You're very kind. lol! Sometimes I just feel very out of place when I interact with other gamers. Most of them are young enough to be my kids. I have enjoyed seeing & have been amazed at the change in games and gaming over the years. I remember talking with my friends in arcades about things we wish we could do in games and then watching those things become a reality. I've enjoyed watching my son play a ton of video games over the years - especially as I've developed hand issues that stop me from playing certain types of games.

You're very kind. lol! Sometimes I just feel very out of place when I interact with other gamers. Most of them are young enough to be my kids. I have enjoyed seeing & have been amazed at the change in games and gaming over the years. I remember talking with my friends in arcades about things we wish we could do in games and then watching those things become a reality. I've enjoyed watching my son play a ton of video games over the years - especially as I've developed hand issues that stop me from playing certain types of games.

Thank you, you are very kind as well! :D That makes total sense but, I bet a lot of fellow gamers would find you very cool though if you ask me! As long as they treat you with respect and not any differently, that is all that matters (I have honestly found the gaming community [especially the Nintendo one] to be one of the most open communities out there)! ;)

Thank you, you are very kind as well! :D That makes total sense but, I bet a lot of fellow gamers would find you very cool though if you ask me! As long as they treat you with respect and not any differently, that is all that matters (I have honestly found the gaming community [especially the Nintendo one] to be one of the most open communities out there)! ;)

Thank you! Ah, I don't know about "cool" but maybe "less lame". :D I know the people here - both ACNL & Pokemon - have been very welcoming and nice. I think the real disconnect is discussions about certain genres. Mostly MMO games discuscions. I've never played one so I have no experiences to relate to. With my hands I'd be a detriment to any group I was with so I've just never looked into them.

Oops! I'm sorry. I just realized I've hijacked your thread. I'll stick to commenting on your awesome designs from here on out. Sorry about that! c:

Back