• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Does your town/AC World have its own story?

MayorZak

A Bear
Bells
Switch
3258-9057-5410
For example. I run Polis as if it were a town in a post-apocalyptic type situation. The Mayor and the 2 other "Townies" I have are scraping by. The trash I fish up is made into armor. The villagers all help out around town by building houses and trade stations(Retail) etc. Isabelle is part of the government conspiracy that originally set the world on its downfall.

And I draw and write for this town/world.

Does anyone else do something like this? Maybe to...not as big an extent. I just wanna hear your headcanons for your towns! Why is your mayor there? Why does your town look that way, what made them make it in that way.

I made my own stories on how my zoo got build like how each animals came and help to make it better
And lovely is some made up story on how each of my pairs met

This is going to sound crazy but a couple of my characters are the children of rebels who were originally fighting a dystopian Government in a Pokemon role play I did with some mates about 18 months ago. My characters were lucky to grow up in a time of peace though. After what their parents went through in the role play, I like to think of my characters having peaceful and pleasant lives in Burton :)

I have lots of fan art of my characters but so far, only one drawing of the Mayor and his youngest son in their town.

Last edited:
I like to imagine that everyone's towns are connected and that when the train passes by it's someone travelling to another town :)
For example my first town is modern so I like to imagine that it's one of the towns located near the central of this imaginary world, and my second town is a country/forest so it's more isolated and there aren't that many towns near it

This thread is quite helpful for me! I'm restarting my town tomorrow because my IGN and town name is very plain and just boring. My IGN is going to be Zephyr and my town is going to be called Cerulean. This is the story:

A young girl (me) aimlessly jumps onto a train, hoping to find a new place to explore. Suddenly, the train comes to a halt and begins to shoot up into the sky. The train disintegrates, and the only two passengers (Me and the cat on the train (forgot his name) are in orbit. The cat confesses he was on the same trip as the girl (me), and he was aiming for an adventure. While the cat wants to get back to Earth, the girl (me, again!) makes her way to a non-founded planet called Cerulean. She settles there and is recruited as the mayor of the planet by mistake. The planet evolves into a beautiful city, the main colour being blue.

xD yea that's my start-off story xD i also need to make art of my villagers :3 could I make my ACNL story into a comic or something? xD

This thread is quite helpful for me! I'm restarting my town tomorrow because my IGN and town name is very plain and just boring. My IGN is going to be Zephyr and my town is going to be called Cerulean. This is the story:

A young girl (me) aimlessly jumps onto a train, hoping to find a new place to explore. Suddenly, the train comes to a halt and begins to shoot up into the sky. The train disintegrates, and the only two passengers (Me and the cat on the train (forgot his name) are in orbit. The cat confesses he was on the same trip as the girl (me), and he was aiming for an adventure. While the cat wants to get back to Earth, the girl (me, again!) makes her way to a non-founded planet called Cerulean. She settles there and is recruited as the mayor of the planet by mistake. The planet evolves into a beautiful city, the main colour being blue.

xD yea that's my start-off story xD i also need to make art of my villagers :3 could I make my ACNL story into a comic or something? xD

That sounds awesome, seriously. I'd love to read it if you made it into a comic. I don't have a town backstory to share, as i'm not really good at writing but I just wanted to point out how much of an awesome idea that is.

I approve of anything that leads to story writing. :D Animal Crossing is a dangerous place for story tellers (as I've said before. *L*)
Yes, Junes and its residents have stories. Lately, I've been putting up these moments in the screenshot thread.
I like the ideas posted here, and think I may go walking through some of these dream towns to see them.

I like to imagine that everyone's towns are connected and that when the train passes by it's someone travelling to another town :)
For example my first town is modern so I like to imagine that it's one of the towns located near the central of this imaginary world, and my second town is a country/forest so it's more isolated and there aren't that many towns near it

This, so much. :) I do the same thing, and even sometimes race the train to the edge of town, pretending my character is waving at the people on the train. Like, "Junes says hi! Bye! See you soon!" And then I wonder where they're going, and which towns are next door to mine. What's on top of that cliff? Who's town is up there? Who is my neighbor and how far away are they? :)

Last edited:
I have a kind of headcanon that all my towns are connected, and after Tortimer runs my old City Folk town into economic ruin, everyone skips town, and as Tom Nook leaves town to set up shop somewhere else, he pleads my character to go with him to a new town, Bluebell which had promising prospects, but my character stayed a while hoping things would get better before finally leaving her home for Bluebell, where she mistakenly becomes mayor.

Last edited:
My town is basically a re-incarnation of my old town, but there are only a few similarities. My original town was Heaven (very unoriginal I know), and I named my new town Haven. I even started a new City Folk game and named it Havenly lol. My new town is incredibly better than my first one, but my Mayor is still based off of me. Having my name and hair, and I actually brought Lolly to Haven from Heaven before I reset the old game. I have one other villager that was once in Heaven, but moved before my reset. So, Lolly is the only one with memories of Heaven among my animals. :x

My Mayor is supposed to be a dying Countess and a farmer inherits the responsibility and with the help of a spirit, turns out to completely change the Victorian town

I'm just a flower child and a believer of fairies and i express that throughout animal crossing. I have really or ornate magical paths with stained glass paths mixed in for a super fairytalesque look. Eventually i'll have every inched filled with *organized* colours but for now it just looked like a big field of rainbow and i love it.

Sort of, it's about two witchy sisters. One leaves her home town and ends up becoming mayor in Duskwood, she wanted to make a lush green town but her little clumsy sister followed her and brought along chaos making the town eerie and slightly dead.

The little sister isn't liked by the residents and thought of as a nuisance. She can't quite handle her powers while the mayor has sort of suppressed her own to fit in.

- - - Post Merge - - -

My Mayor is supposed to be a dying Countess and a farmer inherits the responsibility and with the help of a spirit, turns out to completely change the Victorian town

Whoa this sounds cool, I'd like to see it :eek:

My town has no story but my characters do, I like to imagine which villagers are friends with which characters, so in my head, Alex (mayor) is good friends with Ankha and Melba, because they've been there from the beginning, but Kitty, my female character is Alex's groundskeeper and she's friends with Fang and Lolly. Alex is the dreamer and Kitty is the sensible one. I'm looking forward to finishing off getting my dreamies because then I can create some fan art (I have this wierd thing about only drawing the villagers I already have! ^^" )

I just clicked on this thread because I was bored and I am currenatly res-starting my town, but now reading this it has given me lots of ideas to create a story of animal crossing!

Mine doesn't, but I have a friend who has a whole story about her town (DomesticatePiggy.)
I believe it goes something like this:
The town of Lonetown is run by a person named Loner, who went missing.
A murder took place in Lonetown by a crazy girl, she killed her family.
Her character, Reina is there to investigate!

Back