• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Do you use a screen protector on your Switch/Lite?

Nope, I live dangerously lol. I didn't even have one on my phone until last year, which is terrible considering how many times I've dropped it and cracked the screen!

100%, a screen protector is always the first thing I purchase with all of my devices with a screen on them, phone, iPad, notebook, etc. For less than $10 dollars, it buys me a peace of mind IMHO. I am clumsy and it's only a matter of time, lol.

Yes ~ It's important to use a screen protector for a Switch since placing it in and out of the dock makes it susceptible to getting scratches over time

Nope. No protection at all. As a matter of fact I've accidentally dropped it quite a few times, so how it's still working is beyond me. May end up getting one though. Don't wanna cough up another $300.

I have a screen protector on my Switch, as I can't take any chances.

Yep! The moment i got it i knew i had to buy one since i got 2 kiddos x.x and they drop EVERYTHING.... Heck my daughter has cracked so many of my phones and their replacements.... e.e i wasnt about to let that happen to my switch. And once we get them the Lites, they are getting protectors on too... Darn sticky fingers! xD

been using one since i got my switch. heard it was easy to scratch moving it in and out of the dock so i figured it’s worth the $$

Oh, definitely. I'm extremely clumsy and drop my devices all the time, so not having a screen protector and a case of some kind (I have both on my phone, my 3DS XL, and my Switch Lite) would be dumb.

Nope. I haven't found one that I really like (it seems to me that many screen protectors are like plastic or just look gross on the screen, that's why I've never used one on any device that I have). Besides, I've never dropped my Switch and I usually play on the TV, in tabletop mode, or when I'm in my bed so there's very few opportunities for me to drop it and break/crack the screen.

I do have a screen protector! However, it's cracked and I need to buy a new one :/

I never bought one because I do not really plan on taking it outside much, I mainly just hook it up to my TV to play games on it.

I'd rather be safe than sorry. My butterfingers have no mercy on any of my devices.

I didn't use one on my old switch but when I purchased the NH edition, I invested in a good quality screen protector.

i've honestly never used a screen protector on anything before i got my new phone which ... happens to be an iphone. i don't usually drop things - and never even cracked a screen on anything i ever owned, which is quite interesting - and i don't have one on my switch because i usually play docked only, but because it's been more convenient to take it out and play like that as of recently, i'm considering to buy one for the heck of it.

I have a screen protector on mine, but I need to get another one
I didn't apply it well so there's a bunch of dust and debris stuck in between. Not too annoying if you're not playing in directly light haha

I don't use a screen protector for mine, but I don't usually use screen protectors in general even for like my phone and whatnot. I also have never cracked any of my screens. I've had my switch for almost 3 years I think and the screen looks fine. After cleaning it and inspecting it real close, I saw super tiny not even really noticeable scratches, but those don't bother me. I normally keep my switch in my room (carpeted), so if it falls off my bed or something it doesn't get too banged up. I've dropped it once outside (on the concrete 🤡 ) and the screen was fine. Joycons got a little scuffed, but it doesn't bother me at all lol

edit: I always play handheld and from what I've read, docking could scratch it? I don't dock mine, so yeah, haha :p Also, if you're considering a screen protector it wouldn't hurt to have one C:

Last edited:
I’ve had mine since 2016 when it was released and never used one. Mine wasn’t used that often before ACNH though.

Back