• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Nintendo Switch Lite Question

Bells
Switch
2368-2604-8213
Silver Mailbox
Not sure if this is the appropriate place for this but this is a screenshot of a question that i had asked on Reddit but nobody answered my question so i figured i would ask it here like in the screenshot attached of my question i wanna know if anyone experienced this and will it happen to me again and is it safe to use until i'm able to get another one or will i run into the same problem but instead of it turning on it'll stay off permanently cause i already got another Switch Lite with that problem so i'm hoping someone sees the provided screenshot and can hopefully reassure me Thank You so much to anyone that can help / reassure me. 😩😭
Screenshot 2023-10-05 6.29.36 PM.png

The Reddit post seems a bit ramble-y but I think I understand. I had an instance where my Switch Lite just wouldn’t turn on even though it was charged. I was also panicking, but I just had to hold in the power button for 30+ seconds and it turned itself back on. This happened twice very close together for me a few months ago, but it hasn’t happened since. I’m sorry I can’t be of more help, but this was just my experience with a similar problem. My Switch Lite didn’t personally shut off, though. It had already been off and I turned it on, to which it just didn’t. That’s where our problems are different.

Reactions: 727
Normal switch here, but it might be applicable. Mine froze on the sleep screen a couple months back and wouldn’t turn back on, but after hard resetting I haven’t had any further issues with it.

Not the exact same issue but I also accidentally overheated my switch one time (it had fallen in front of the heater without me noticing) and it wouldn’t turn back on at first, but I did a hard reset a day later and it was fine again thankfully.

Normal switch here, but it might be applicable. Mine froze on the sleep screen a couple months back and wouldn’t turn back on, but after hard resetting I haven’t had any further issues with it.

Not the exact same issue but I also accidentally overheated my switch one time (it had fallen in front of the heater without me noticing) and it wouldn’t turn back on at first, but I did a hard reset a day later and it was fine again thankfully.
Really so it's okay to turn on my switch lite and there won't be anymore issues yeah i did the hard reset as well and everything seemed okay but i was paranoid and haven't turned it on since yesterday morning well that's good too hear but somehow i'm scared to turn it back on like i don't wanna be in the middle of playing a game and poof you know like i mentioned if i do turn it back on i just hope it makes it to hopefully Christmas.😩😭😂 This is good i wanna hear more of everyone's experiences with this issue of the Switch Lite or even a regular one and how they handled it i truly appreciate any help/reassurances ❤

Back