• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Do you use a screen protector on your Switch/Lite?

I just recently sold mine but yes I did! It’s so easy to scratch it especially if you’re on the go or popping it in the dock.

I do. It's a portable system with a screen on it. Add to that unlike the 3DS it doesn't protect itself whilst not in use, the screen is always on display.

I know it doesn't have a second screen but if it still had some sort of clam shell design, even like a flimsy thin cover similar to the kickstand on the back, I might have at least put off getting one rather than it being a priority given I would know the screen is definitely protected to some degree when not in use. Feels like they've took a step back there given what I'm talking about would have barely added any width to the system.

Nope, I am not sure if I should get one. I only play the Switch un-docked mostly, and I am really gentle with my tech. If this changes, then I will consider getting one.

I'm gentle with my tech, I think most people try to be. For the sake of the like ?5 it costs for a screen protector though, it's an insignificant amount of money when compared to an accident happening and permanent visible scratches appearing on the ?300 system. Especially given its a portable system, even more so if you barely have it in the dock (IE: it's constantly open to accidents).

nope, although i probably should. i have a habit of breaking things unintentionally.

Yes 100%. The day I applied my screen protector I dropped it and cracked the protector, so you know, good timing.

Yes I have a glass screen protector on my Switch. I never used them on my 3DS's etc but I wanted to get one for the Switch because I was paranoid about scratching it with the dock, and I get picky about fingerprints/smudges on my screens and would rather be wiping a screen protector constantly than the actual Switch screen. :p

yup, I used one from day one I got my switch, it came with the official carrying case. I recently sold my switch to get the AC Edition and ordered a tempered glass screen protector for it. Because if you're unlucky and get scratches on the screen, you can always get a new screen protector and the scratches are gone.
When you apply your protector on your switch, you need to make sure there is no dust on the screen. There can even be dust particles on it you can't even see with your eyes. The best,would be if you would do it in your bathroom. Turn on some hot water for a few minutes, this way dust in the room will go to the floor. Clean your screen with some alcohol towels, they usually come with screen protectors. Make sure there's no dust on it. Get the protector and align it with the speakers on the bottom.

Last edited:
Yep. After I heard about the scratches from taking it in and out of the tv dock, I wasn't taking any chances. Mine came with the case I bought.

yes, of course! i want to take as much care of my switch as possible

I have a thin tempered-glass screen protector on mine. I have two birds and five cats, and even without them, I've heard the dock tends to scratch the screen when you put the console into it. I won't risk that.

No. I tried putting one on cos it came with the case I got, but I'm really bad at applying these things so I screwed it up immediately... Personally I don't really need it, and I don't have to worry about the docking problem cos it's a switch lite, so it's not worth my money to get one

Yes, like with all my other devices. Sometimes they can be a pain to apply but it's totally worth the hassle and not worth the risk of screen damage, especially paying out all that money for a console.

Yup! I got a new switch earlier this year (now all my family members have their own individual switches, yay) and I purchased a screen protector and an SD card for it. I was debating for a while if I should even get the screen protector because I rarely even move it around that much but I would hate it if the screen got scratched. So, just in case.

I read this as a projector. I was like "how are people managing to project their switch lite screens onto the wall or screens??" Thinking about it now, I'm realizing that it'd be such a cool concept

I like having a tempered glass screen protector because it feels nicer than just the plastic screen.
Plus, it’s more protective.
But I think my next screen protector is going to be one of those film-type ones because I keep having tiny bubbles form on the sides of my screen after a while, so I want something more flexible for sure. The premium feel isn’t worth the bubbles IMO

Yup, I heard that the Switch could get scratched by the dock so I immediately bought a screen protector and installed it when I bought the Switch. You can never be too sure in protecting your device.

Back