• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you think copies of AC:GC are going to be difficult to find?

Bells
May Birthstone (Emerald)
The Bell Tree Fair 2014 Patch
October Birthstone (Opal)
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
August Birthstone (Peridot)
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Cake
June Birthstone (Pearl)
ど
The Gamecube is already becoming a scarcity, and so are its games. Copies of Melee and Super Mario Sunshine, or even Paper Mario are getting tougher and tougher to find, with their prices going through the roof. Do you think Animal Crossing will ever be a rarity?

physical copies? absolutely.

digital copies? not a chance.

ROMs and ISOs are a quick search away (not that i advocate that) and with the wii u's virtual console service plus the gamecube controller adapter we saw with super smash brother i believe nintendo has plans to begin re-releasing classic gamecube games on the eShop like it's done for older consoles. it may take a while to perfect but i sincerely believe we'll get to see those beloved gamecube classics like super mario sunshine, super smash brothers melee, pikmin, animal crossing, f-zero GX and more through the digital software service.

i doubt nintendo put the time, energy, and money into creating the gamecube adapter JUST for smash brothers wii u alone. i think using an actual gamecube controller will be another control option but they're trying to make enough copies--and brand new gamecube controllers--to go with it.

it's a great idea. though the gamecube was seen as somewhat of a commercial failure (which is hard to believe because as a kid i LOVED my gamecube and lots of friends/family had it) i think nintendo's willing to give it another shot!

Physical copies of AC:GC are more rare than before. I swing by used videogame shops whenever I can...they will never have copies of GC or WW, but they usually have a beat up, scratched CF.

I'm tempted to start collecting. ;)

Just get a emulator if you reaaalllly want to play it.. You would probably save ALOT of money that you probably could use on food or something later. I like games, but I have my limit on how much I spend on one.

I would say that ANY CG games are getting more difficult to find, but it is by no means impossible to find a copy of Animal Crossing. Heck, there's a players choice version for sale in my local used game store, and I live in Canada (in a town with less than 40k people too). There is also the option of buying online, and if you're really desperate, just emulate it.

It is hard to get a new physical copy, and a used physical copy is still hard to get, but not as hard.

i got it used for like $5 if i remember correctly, but that was a few years back

A quick search in eBay Canada lead me to the actual copy of the game costing between $15 and $40 CAD on average, and right now, there's a fair amount of it on sale right now.
I also saw one in my retro video game store two weeks ago and they're apparently selling it for less than $30 CAD.

Therefore, the game isn't quite rare as of now. Granted, it may be a little uncommon in some areas, but you can definitely find them. I highly suggest you push your luck and find it for less than $15, if you ever want this game.
Personally, I wouldn't grab this game despite of its few interesting bits and nostalgia factor. The lack of online and tons of missing features that appeared after this installment cuts back its longevity by country miles in comparison to Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

I have never come across AC for gamecube in game stores, in the past few years. And I always check just for fun whenever I go, which is quite often.

I will treasure the copy of mine I have. I bought it in 2007-2008, I believe, after losing the very first original one I had. I remember back when I bought my second one, it was even difficult to find.

I feel like the Animal Crossing Gamecube game is already rare, or at least much rarer than other versions. On Cex, a used copy costs ?20 and prices seem to be higher on eBay. The other older versions are cheaper, whilst New Leaf is more expensive but also new and still in stock brand new everywhere pretty much.

I've checked a lot of game stores and it's not that rare. However, finding a complete package with Memory Card/stickers/manual is the hard part.

There is a big difference between a used copy and a USED beat up scratched all to hell copy.

Finding a nice, clean, barely scratched copy of AC for GC? For me, it has been very rare. All of the copies I have found in video game stores in the past 6-7 years have all been so bad I never buy them because I assume they are unplayable.

If you see a clean disc at a reasonable price, go for it. They will be more and more rare.

I found 2 copies at Gamestop for 2 dollars each. Both scratch free, both playable. I do need new memory cards, though, but only because I play a lot of my GC games still.

I think as more copies begin to get too damaged to be playable, it will get harder and harder to find. Mint copies? You might be lucky to find one, but as I discovered, expect to pay around ?100 for it. For used copies, it might be easier, with the prices being around the ?20 mark or thereabout.

I've never seen any in local game stores, but I bought mine used off of Amazon for $10. It came with the box, memory card, and Nintendo Power guide, so right now its value is pretty low, I think.

Back