Do you still use Tortimer Island?

PacV

Vasea Mayor, Zenda Islander and Borelia Villager.
Bells
It's been awhile since i visit it. What about you?

Yes, I still visit the island from time to time. While I do consider myself introverted, and generally socially distant, I sometimes "Sail the Seven Seas" to meet other people to go on tours with. I did that quite a bit, today, actually. I mainly go there solo to grind for more bells, despite having my home loans paid off a long time ago.

I’ve always wondered if people still visit and if you can still find random people on the island. I killed so much time there and seeing this thread brings back memories.

Yes, I still visit Tortimer Island once in a while. I used to visit the island often to collect bugs and fish, especially in the evenings so I can catch some rare stags for bells. Normally, I use it to play the minigames on the Island Tours as a pastime.

Since my New Leaf save file is well...new, yes! I just played last night to catch some beetles. I love Tortimers island

If I'm bored playing, then yes. I used to go all the time back in 2018 when it was extremely active. I loved meeting new people.

I never used the island to play with others. I only went to my private island to catch bugs and sharks when I needed money. I've been pretty set on funds for a while now, so I haven't had the need. But I did find the routine kind of relaxing, so I wouldn't be opposed to going again if I ever felt like it.

It's cool to see people still visiting the Club!

Yes, because I started playing this month :ROFLMAO:

I have collected all kinds of fruits.

I unlocked the Tortimer Club today, and I'm surprised because you still find people even on a national level.

I do sometimes, its really weird seeing people still playing on the worldwide island but nowadays theres not as many as there was in 2013-2018

i use it sometimes but their aren’t as much people anymore. i really don’t use it to catch beetles since i already have a lot of bells, i kind of just go on there to joke around with the hackers lol

Last edited:
Online yes but offline no. I would sometimes go online but not very exciting people anymore since 2017. And for offline well i dont need any more money in game, i've already reached the limit and half way for my other profiles on every NL copy. So its useless unless i want to play some tour games alone.

I love the island!! It has always been one of my favorite places to go and have fun in New Leaf! I like to play the minigames and check which are in rotation. CLUB TORTIMER the online version though… I do not use often as I always hated how many disconnects, long loading screens, and random people on there. I never even knew it existed when I was little so I have barely played on there! I still have to get the gold medal badge for the island which will definitely take FOREVER. That is a badge that I do not think I will get for a while because the amount of medals you need is INSANE in my opinion but its a fun goal

I don't really use the online functionality of it anymore since I got the stuff I wanted from it, I don't like interacting with the complete strangers, and because my best friend who I used to played with doesn't play anymore since she needs to replace the battery on her 3DS and hasn't felt the need to do so thus far. That said, when I do pick up New Leaf these days, I do still enjoy riding out to Tortimer Island and catching beetles and sharks to sell. If we ever get my friend's 3DS battery replaced I'd be down to do some of the tours again too.

I've always liked inviting friends over to my town and then going to the island together! Besides the tours, we just relax in a call while walking around to catch bugs.

I'm not sure how many other people altered their island but I dug up and replanted trees to have way more chances for bugs to spawn. So we all just slowly walk around like some kind of game of musical chairs or duck-duck-goose or something.

occasionally ill come back to it, the minigames are timeless and ill usually grind bugs for when i want bells since ive always remembered that as the best way to grind bells besides turnips.

for the online aspect? i havent really tried that since 2015/16, i dont remember too much but i still get nostalgia, i would totally try it again one of these days.

Ofc i do! Almost everyday i go in it, i like playing the minigames and is my way to farm bells.

whenever i visit my new leaf town i always pop to the island as i find it quite relaxing and enjoy catching the rarer bugs and fish, usually try and do at least one mini game too as it just adds something more to the game

I visit very frequently. I would even go as far to say i go to club tortimer at least once per play session.

Back