• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you still have your ACGC and do you still play?

I still have the Gamecube Animal Crossing, no idea what town(s) I have on my memory cards, though, lol. I haven't played it in a very long time, though maybe I will check it out once I'm done with my backlog of games.

I'm playing right now! But I started a new town on an emulator as I no longer have my gamecube.

I still have the original disc, and the original Rover-printed memory card that came with it. I've come back to GC over the course of quarantine, and have been working on another town that I started a couple years ago on a fresh memory card.

MY MOM FOUND MY GAMECUBE AWHILE AGO AND
image0.jpg

I still have my game disc, but I think I accidentally deleted my OG town way back when as a dumb kid messing around with memory card files.

I'll always remember Tom, Kabuki, Dotty, Mint, Bob and Rosie from that town fondly.
(I still have Rosie in NH cause she's my absolute fave I take everywhere)

I have the memory card, but I’ve misplaced the disc, sadly. If it ever appears again I might just give it a try...

I still have it! 18-ish years and 4 major moves later and it's still mine! I even have my very first memory cards. new bark (artistic spelling) is still a closed-off little forest community that gets visited like once a year. It still swells my heart to come back to the town I put so much time into as a kid. I started it up when I was a sad little 11 year old and now I'm almost 30. That town's literally grown up with me.

I still have the game and the memory card! Not the original disc nor the case, but luckily, when I was 15, I wanted to re-find the game and after visiting 3 GameStop stores, we found one that had it!

I can't play it, however, as I don't have the GameCube we (my sisters and I) had growing up, and the Wii censor bar is bent in a way where it doesn't recognize the Wiimote. I've resynced it to the Wii, trust me. It's a sensing problem. And until I find another one, my sweet town of Nintendo (creative, I know), will just have to wait.

I have not played the original game since it came out in 2002. (Yes I am old enough to have played it back in the day.) However I have been thinking about taking it out of storage and giving it a try. I never did finish playing that game. Not that you can finish playing animal Crossing ever. But I knew I never really got very far with it, because it did not belong to me and so I was a second player.

I don’t know what it is about animal crossing but I remember feeling so in love with it when I played it for the first time. I remember when it snowed in the game and I was just absolutely am in love. I miss the old dialogue which was so salty. The graphics are obviously a bit primitive now compared to the most recent version of the game so that might be an adjustment. Also the complete lack of inventory and a lot of the other conveniences we have now gotten used to. However I think it would be great to revisit it and maybe I will do so over Christmas.

I still have it, but I left my Wii with a friend before the pandemic started and I'll get it back when things return to normal. My Wii is the first model, so it natively runs GC games (I never had a GC).

i've never got to play the og ac, but i hope to one day!!

I never had a Gamecube growing up even though several friends of mine did. I did briefly own a copy of GC Animal Crossing a couple years ago but the disc didn't work so I ended up returning it. I haven't come across another copy since.

I'd love to play it to be honest but I probably wouldn't play it all that often even if I did have it as New Horizons takes up enough of my limited free time as it is.

Yes! I had a few GameCube games in an old chest and found that my original copy was hidden in there recently with the dedicated memory card. I, unfortunately, no longer own a GameCube or Wii so I haven't played it, but it's something I'd like to boot up again. I loved the game's simplicity and OST.

I still have my gamecube and memory card (I hope the game is still saved on it). My game was left at my friend's house and he lost it. I hope to get the game again so I can revisit that town, as long as it is still on the memory card. I don't remember what 10 year old me named that town, but I have a feeling it was Zelda related. I remember having Pate, Rocco, and Leigh.

I still have it, but it and my GameCube are both at my parent’s house in a closet somewhere so I never play it lol. I should go get them though and see how many months it’s been since I last played.

Unfortunately, I think my Gamecube was thrown out when it broke a long, LONG time ago so my original town has been lost to time. 😢

That being said, I do still play Population Growing every once in a while. I used to have it downloaded on my phone and I would play it during my lunch break. It's not like the other games in the franchise though, where you customize your town and can play for hours each day. I would check in every once in a while to see what my villagers were up to and to get some tasks done, but that was about it.

Back