• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you still have your ACGC and do you still play?

Of course! I’ve had it for about 13-14 years now. I recommended the game to my brother and I’m sure glad I did. I don’t play often but I do hop on it when I’m feeling nostalgic. There were a few errors with reading the disc though and now I’m worried it may be a little busted. :x

Yep. I don't have the means to play it though, but our town, Meowtown, should still be on the memory card. Me and my brothers used to play it quite a bit for a while. I loved the junk mail we would send each other. lol

Yes! I actually bought this title 2 years ago to complete my AC collection. I enjoyed playing casually for a while, but now I visit my town every 2-3 months. I don't experience any nostalgia, since it isn't my first game (that's WW). I do think the game has a unique feel to it and I love how the game is so slow-paced compared to New Leaf.

I've not actually played in a while, but I do still have the copy I'd pre-ordered way back when. It was the first ever game I ever paid for with my own money. It was the first game that was really 'mine'. I'd been waiting all summer to get it after reading about it in Nintendo Power.

I always have this nostalgic urge to pick it up and play sometimes, though I'd have to start a new village. Well, two new villages. I have multiple memory cards and I need another village to get Nookington's.

It was so much easier to make progress in that game. Since you didn't have to actually wait a certain amount of days for things to unlock. I hate that about New Leaf so much. ...That and the fact that certain things aren't even avaliable to you for quite a while when they were available from the start in past games. KK slider being locked behind getting Shrunk's club set up was such a pain, and not having access to the lost and found unless a villager randomly pinged and decided that's what they wanted was a nightmare. And PG had the dump. I don't care if it takes up space. I liked having access to a random free item or two every day. :D

Plus it was easier to catch Coelacanth... I've still never gotten lucky enough to find once in Wild World OR New Leaf when I played. One summer I played and got lucky with the weather and ended up having my debt paid off and my golden statue in under a week thanks to that fish.

I sure do! Still have my OG town, and everything! I was actually just talking to a friend yesterday about how I'm interested in going back and reading the old diary entries I kept on my file, since as a child, I used the diary as an actual diary lmao. Sadly, though, I can't hook up my gamecube until I'm able to set up our old TV in our spare room. Our current one doesn't have enough outlets and we're far too lazy to switch everything out every time we want to do something ;o;

But yeah, my town was named.... AMYVILLE.... In all caps like that..... Super cringey, lmao, but I think it's kinda funny now tbh. I still have the majority of my first villagers, too!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I sure do! Still have my OG town, and everything! I was actually just talking to a friend yesterday about how I'm interested in going back and reading the old diary entries I kept on my file, since as a child, I used the diary as an actual diary lmao. Sadly, though, I can't hook up my gamecube until I'm able to set up our old TV in our spare room. Our current one doesn't have enough outlets and we're far too lazy to switch everything out every time we want to do something ;o;

But yeah, my town was named.... AMYVILLE.... In all caps like that..... Super cringey, lmao, but I think it's kinda funny now tbh. I still have the majority of my first villagers, too!

I freaking wish. Man, mine would be so old now. A friend of mine has it now and restarted.

I still play it semi-regularly. Unfortunately I lost my old town, but I have since been having a great time in Waterlog, which has 3 tiers. It also has Sven and Admiral, 2 of my favorite villagers. I like how different the atmosphere is to any other AC game, which is part of the reason I'm able to play it at the same time as New Leaf. That and how there is not a huge penalty for not playing every day, which leads to less burnout as I simply play whenever I want, not out of obligation to see when the next villager is going to try moving.

I'm currently playing AC/GC, but I don't have my original save file. I started with a save file from 5 years ago, but it looks like I didn't do anything on it, besides running errands for Nook. That part is boring anyway.

So I'm on Day 3 of playing and I got lucky and reached perfect town status already.

I'm switching my save file from the actual memory card to the computer. I'm able to emulate it using Dolphin on my laptop when I'm not at home (which is the case right now). And when I get back I pull my save and put it on a memory card. It takes like five minutes and its really nice to be able to swap between different hardware.

I wish I still had my original save file. Unfortunately, I never owned a GameCube or the game itself. They belonged to my brother and he let me set up a town on his second memory card to play whenever I visited. But once he was done with the game and the system, he sold everything to be able to afford the next system he wanted. I can't blame him, but I sometimes miss that town and the feeling of the original Animal Crossing. I keep thinking I'd like to start fresh on an emulator, if only I had the time.

Yes, of course! There's a certain charm about the game that always keeps me coming back... Not to mention the soundtrack in this game is one of my definite favorites! :lemon: I'm playing a town I started a few weeks ago. Currently playing on a homebrewed Wii with component cables for that sweet sweet widescreen 480p. :cool:

I do still have it, but never play it! My gamecube hasn't been hooked up in a long time, but maybe one day soon I'll return back.

I just came back to my game for the first time in 67 months/292 weeks.
I hadn't played since I was 11 or 12!
Luckily I still have Goldie, Ava, Ace, and my islander Annalise, Rhoda moved out (yay!!!!!) & I got one of my favorite snooties, Freya.

Last edited:
I forgot how bizarre the moving in this game is. Bluebear randomly moved in yesterday after saving & quitting once, and the hideous Sue E told me she was going to move.

I still own the game, yes. I don't play it regularly, but I do throw it in the console and revisit it every once in a while just for that dose of nostalgia and to remember back to the days when my friend who introduced me to the game and I used to visit each other's towns. Surprisingly, no one seems to have left as of the last time I checked it out.

Last edited:
I don't have the disk anymore because my puppy used it as a chew toy it quite a few years ago. But I sill have both of my memory cards that have different towns on them.

My first Animal Crossing was New Leaf, and I absolutely fell in love with the game. But since I'm a bit of a retro gamer, I decided to go seek out the first game and try it out. And gosh darn, I fell in love with that game too lmao.

I didn't play it too much after a while, but during this summer (2019), I just randomly decided to try to get a perfect town. Sadly I didn't accomplish my little summer task due to the lack of free time. But I did have a lot of fun revisiting the classic Gamecube game, and not too much for nostalgic reasons, but because it's just a really fun game! :)

Of course I still play. My sister loves that game and it's so nice sharing that experience.

I just recently got the Walking on Tables glitch and now we don't have any money problems, which is nice.

Does anyone know if you earn anything for filling the catalog?

the weeds...can't you find wisp and tell him to pick them or get furniture in GC?

I do have my town. I dont really play I just visit. But my cartridge for it is like my prized possession I keep in my safe box when I don't have the GC set up.

I let my little sister make a character in it. Its fun wandering around and seeing the signs from Fruits Basket I made lol.

I still have my game, I recently got back into it and I love my new villagers (rosie, kiki, tutu, bones, butch etc..)

but the game is such a nice experience from the newer ones! I love it and it will always be a fav childhood game. The weeds arent that bad compared to wild world

Back