• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you still have your ACGC and do you still play?

Ably.Saucey

Count your Many Blessings
Bells
Switch
5195-6588-2889
Orange Balloon
Father's Day Carnation
Spring Sakura
Blue Hybrid Violet
Purple Violet
Red Pansy
White Violet
Famous Mushroom
Spring Shamrock
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
I still have mine, but I can only imagine the weeds since I haven't played in 2-3 years, I'm thinking of dragging it out for 'fun' (thinking of the weeds *shudder*)

more like all the poor cockroach souls that will soon be drifting towards the heavens after you walk back into your house lol

i get on mine every couple months they had such great dialogue back then!

more like all the poor cockroach souls that will soon be drifting towards the heavens after you walk back into your house lol

i get on mine every couple months they had such great dialogue back then!

I know right? I hope the next one has the better personalities, more villagers and the spacious map!

I still have my original town, and I still play about once a month to check up on everyone.

I wish! I used to play it when I was younger with my best friend, but she ended up losing the game and I never got the console myself to play alone. Now I'm thinking of getting the game again though and trying to play it on the wii! Definitely one of my favorite ac games overall

You should definitely check back up on your town though, I think it's always fun to see what's going on in older towns that have been neglected for a while! Nature really takes over lol ~

I still have mine, but I can only imagine the weeds since I haven't played in 2-3 years, I'm thinking of dragging it out for 'fun' (thinking of the weeds *shudder*)

I think Wisp is your only hope now. lol

I'm slowly weeding my town, an acre at a time. I forgot you can weed with your hands, you need a shovel.
All my villagers yelled at me for disappearing, lol, I missed you too, Huggy.
Why didn't they put you in NL?

i play every two or three days- it's the only version i play, now!

Yes! I unfortunately do not still have the memory card that came with it (no idea where it went :(). I actually started it up today because I've always liked to play around this time of year because of the windsocks lol. I haven't played in close to two years, though, so my town's infested with weeds. I need to find Wisp.

Idk, other AC games can come out, and I love the changes they've introduced, but ACGC will probably always be my fave.

I have the game however I haven't touched it in forever. Maybe one day I'll fire it up and look around.

Maybe one to three times a week I'll play it. And not very long sessions, either. I just hope to God that Pudge, Stella, or Pierce don't move out. ;-;

Yes, I still have my GC Animal Crossing game and town, but haven't checked it out in about 4-5 years now, so it must be full of weeds!

As far as I remember, my villagers were:

Tom (my next door neighbour and favourite villager)
Static
Peaches
Rasher
Iggy
Candi
Penny
Olivia

Possibly a couple of others I've forgotten about. Tom, Candi, Penny and Peaches are all originals. I hope Tom and Peaches are still there.

I don' think I could go back to it, though. New Leaf is a lot more practical to pick up and play, plus you no longer have to mail fossils to get assessed like you did in he GC game.

Last edited:
I still have it, but if I ever pick it up again I'm going to restart.
I've never played that file genuinely I feel. Plus, I don't like my character's face and name.

I have mine and I also have a memory card with the special present data ready to go, I just am hesitant to get into it because I know the calendar ends soon and it'll ruin the feeling if I have to reset the calendar to 2003 when 2031 comes along. </3

I do still have it, but I don't play it very much because the town I have is over 10 years old, and at this point I'm keeping it intact for nostalgic reasons.

I also have the game on Dolphin and I started a new town on there recently, so I play that sometimes.

I have the game on Dolphin and I started a new town and played during the summer. Now that school has started again I don't really have time.

I never had the game as a kid (for some reason every time we went to Hollywood Video I thought the game was for grown ups only? weird idk) but my boyfriend has it and a few days ago we hooked up the Gamecube and I'm trying to play it daily until the Switch version drops, just because I want to see how much I can get done in that amount of time.

I will say though, its hard to get into. Tom Nook has only had a shovel in stock for the last 5 days and I have no net or fishing pole. There's only so many fossils I can dig up daily.

^Yeah, sadly the shovel is the only tool available for the first few days in a new town. I am sure this is so that you will definitely be able to use the money rock but it sucks that it is still the only tool after a few days. xD It's great once you get all the tools though for sure.

Ok, so I booted up the game last night. I had to update the clock, obviously. Also, today when I played it again the clock was set to the time I left the game last night. Weird. I dunno if this is a problem with the system, the game or the memory card. Does this happen to anyone else?

So the villagers told me I was away for 69 months. Nearly 6 years! I was playing this game in 2011-2012 after all!

I had totally forgotten you could have up to 15 villagers in this game.

Town is full of weeds, yep.

The game looks older graphically wise and fells older mechanically wise than I had remembered it as. I didn't notice any of those things back in 2011-2012, but then again, it was my first AC game so it's not like I had others to compare to it.

I forgot how large the town felt due to the acre system and the maximum number of villagers being 15. But I did remember how much of an edge villagers had in this game. I now have Tom and Olivia in my NL town, but they're WAY too toned down in that game. In the GC game they definitely can be quite blunt hahaha

Last edited:
Back