• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What to do with all this STONE

TheRealWC

Bells
Vesta
Isabelle
Lucky
Jingle
Jack
Coco
Lobo
Ruby
Pavé
So I recently restarted my town; I'm now about 2 weeks in. As part of my daily routine, I go around and hit each rock the maximum number of times. However, I've quickly accumulated a LOT of stone. I have around 12 stacks worth just sitting in my storage in my house, but I honestly don't know if it's a smart use of space. Is there a reason to be hoarding all this stone? Are there DIYs in which I'm going to need a LOT of stone to make? Should I wait until my storage is more maxed out and I'm actually in the creative part of building my town to really start collecting? At the same time, I am trying to collect iron so I can eventually craft the ironwood set furniture, so should I just sell excess stone? What did you do in the early game if you also had an excess of stone (or any crafting material for that matter)?

Any suggestions or creative ideas on what to use this stone for/what crafting projects I can do and maybe some ideas on how to use them would be appreciated!

When you get the DIY I think you can make the stone arch and that needs a lot of stone to make. Other than that I can't think of anything else other than the Nooklings store that will use up a lot of stone. Nooklings store will need 30 iron nuggets 30 stone and 30 of each type of wood (I believe; I haven't played beginning game for a few years now).

Edit: I just looked it up and the construction of Nook's Cranny doesn't require stone at all :/

I saved all my crafting materials. I use stone for a good amount of my builds and I am always running out of it. I find on my island stone is what I find the least of.
What you use it on depends on what kind of decorating you want to do later. Some of the DIY’s that use a lot of stone are: stone lion-dog, forbidden alter, stonework kitchen , the stone fencing. I know there are others I can’t think of at the moment.

If you have the HHP DLC, I think Niko asks for stone for his materials box, though probably not enough to finish off twelve stacks of it.

I generally save my crafting materials for crafting all recipes at least once, and for when nook's cranny has a hot item that's worth a lot of bells.

Omg I’m with you—I also started playing again about two weeks ago, and I have way too many resources. I actually just decided to stop hitting my rocks altogether today (I’ll hit them once each to find the money rock, but that’s all)

If storage weren’t so limited in the beginning I’d keep collecting, but as it is I just can’t afford to give up all that space for a pile of rocks!!

Back