do you still collect resources?

do you still collect resources?

• Total voters
For the longest time I did collect resources, and it was a part of my daily routine within the game. But it got to a point where I just had too many resources and not enough storage space, so I kinda had to stop since there really wasn't a point in collecting them anymore, especially since I slowly stopped needing that many resources.

After the second iteration of the Nook’s shop I only will if I need something specific, say for a DIY. Otherwise I buy tools from Nook’s. I just find collecting resources so tedious ;w;

I'm somehow always running out of wood.. trying to craft tools whenever I can somehow thinking I can get that final tool crafting nook achievement but I know I never will

The stockpiles eventually run low or entirely empty eventually, so yes, I do still do harvest stone, iron, clay, and the three varieties of wood. I usually only bother with branches on an as-needed basis since they're so simple, quick and easy to collect. I take advantage of special things like cherry blossoms in the Spring, leaves in Autumn and snowflakes in Winter and try to catch as many as I can in case I should need them for whatever reason. For other stuff like gold, the various star fragments, pearls, mushrooms and such I just buy from people's shops here on the forums.

I'm somewhat still collecting. I need gold ores for DIYs so I try to hit all my rocks when I actually remember to do so. I also always need more weeds so I try to gather those when I get a chance (Kapp'n island or mystery island). For the 3 wood types and rocks/iron I am pretty well stocked.

I don't collect resources anymore because I rarely have anything that I need to craft. Plus, I have an abundance of most resources in storage, so I usually have everything I need, anyway.

I'm very early in the game so obviously yes for me, however, I imagine as I build up my island I'll stop having as much of a need for it

Back