• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Do you still buy turnips?

Nah. I mean, I already made like 30+ million Bells using the stalk market. I have all the bridges, inclines and home upgrades I could need.

If anything, Nintendo should introduce some new shop upgrades or etc. For me to spend that monumental amount of money on. Otherwise, I have basically no need or urgency to earn any additional cash. I kinda feel the same about whatever form Brewster’s café is gonna take, really: if all we earn from working there are beans that we then sell, it’ll be tough to care for very long... although the Interactions were still pretty fun in NL :/

I bought turnips only a few times, maybe 5 times total- enough to earn me 10 mil I think. I paid off most of my home loan and my sister's and now I'm left with around 5 mil. I was good with that and wasn't going to buy turnips ever again, but then I just created a new human character on my island, and if I decide to upgrade their house I will have to buy turnips again. Therefore, I am wondering if I should buy them now rather than later (since I buy and sell on other's islands).

So to answer your question, no I currently do not buy turnips, but I might again in the future.

I did only until I got all of the Nook Miles-related achievements. I will probably go back to buying if I ever run low on bells for whatever reason, but I don't miss the annoyance of having to check prices twice a day every single day.

Nope.

I've never been a fan of that aspect of the game.

We don't need Jordan Belfort in AC.
We already have a corrupt fox who sells art forgeries.

I do it weekly if I remember, I want the achievement. My boyfriend is really into it, though, its one of his favorite parts of the game and usually spends around 1 mil a week on them.

I still need to buy them to get the last Nook Miles achievement, but after that, I think I'm good with the 9-10 million I currently have in the ABD.

I finished getting all of the achievements and I don't have too much use for bells anymore, so no - I don't buy turnips anymore.

Also I rarely wake up early enough to actually go to the Switch and buy turnips anyways...

I only buy them if I'm confident I have a large spike. I don't bother buying them anymore I know I'll have to travel.

I traded turnips a lot during the first 1-2 months after the game released and got more than enough bells to spend so I stopped after that. Probably will never need to buy turnips again in NH. Turnip trading is a very stressful activity imo especially with the poor online infrastructure that NH has.

No, I probably should, though. I'm starting to get burnt out with having to check it twice a day, along with getting up early on Sundays.

I stopped because I have enough bells for now. Also, I don't play everyday like I used to and don't want to take the time to sell them as its time consuming, but if I start to run low on bells then I will probably start buying turnips again.

Last edited:
i’ve never bought them beyond needing a spoiled one to catch the ant and fly. since i have plenty of bells, the only reason i’ve been considering investing in turnips is for the nook mile achievements ;u;

now that i've got all the nook miles achievements for them, not really. I have more than enough bells but if for whatever reason i one day ran out then I probably would reinvest in turnips because they are such a quick and easy way to make money, especially if you set something up with friends where one has daisy mae and one has a good selling price!

I already stopped over a month ago. I don't need Bells anymore. You can blame the game for having a limited 1600 storage! :mad:

Nope. I'm far too busy to stay on top of something like turnip prices at the moment. I'm also TT'ing frequently because I am not able to play daily, so when I do play I go back and cover 2-3 days play at once.

No, I gave up after reaching 50 million bells. Unless some new, super expensive items are added, there isn't really a lot to spend bells on. I usually have enough in pocket change to buy what I want from Nook's and Able's each day.

Back