• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Do you still buy turnips?

I never did it in this game because I was under the impression TTing rotted them. But then when I bought some to purposefully rot (for the bugs) they... didn't. Apparently it's only if you go backwards or more than a week.

So... maybe I'll try it now, now that I've been reminded of them, lol. I'm trying to save up Bells to re-make some old characters with new names, so why not?

I’m busy today and part of tomorrow, but if you are still looking to sell turnips later on, I’d be happy to let you sell them in my town if the selling price is high (or even if it’s not). :)
If you're looking to sell turnips this week, I'd be happy to let you sell them on my island (hopefully, the price is decent!) :)

Thanks both of you for your offer. I'm honestly not sure how this week is going to go. All I know is that it's going to be busy. :/

I stopped after I got all the stalk market achievements. Came up about 20 mil after it was all said and done, thanks to the turnip exchange.

I stopped buying turnips a couple months ago, I originally bought then just to pay off my house and buy bridges and inclines. I wanted to actually decorate my island and house which is where I kept my turnips, so I stopped buying them. I might buy them again at some point, but not anytime soon.

I recently reset my island, and while I don't see myself needing much to move buildings and villagers and such, I still like to have ~10mil in the bank. Since I'm starting to rejoin the community I'd like to get back into the habit of buying turnips, or at the very least, keeping track of my weekly patterns. I'd also like to do giveaways in the future, so I'm going to need bells for that lol. So to answer your question, yes, I still buy turnips.

Not recently, due to sleeping in past 12PM the last couple weeks. I woke up early enough today, though, so I bought 4000.

as soon as I reach the achievement I will stop, which should be this sunday, i'm already at 15 million bells so don't need to do it for bells, plus i find bug hunting faster and more fun way to get bells

I bought turnips for the first 3 months of playing the game, though I stopped since I ended up having more than enough bells (60+ million at the time) and it was always time-consuming to have to have to search out good turnip prices and wait in line until it was your turn to sell.

I haven't used turnips yet. I sometimes TT when I'm playing late at night so I can play at an hour when things are open in-game and I don't want to accidentally spoil my turnips. I'll probably at least try it sometime but not yet.

I've only just bought some this morning for the first time as after reading the guide book I realized that Daisy Mae only turns up early on sundays so I've never actually seen her 😂. I only bought 30 though to get me started

I still buy them but will probably stop after I get the achievement for them.

I'll buy turnips every other week or so, mostly because I forget half the time. I float around 15 mil bells, and I use them to buy villagers.

I don't anymore! I used to buy turnips the first few months when I started playing. Now I'm at 20 million bells and decided to stop! It was a hassle trying to find daisy with a good price to maximize. Then it was very stressful trying to find an island with high prices plus waiting in line. I don't miss the stress!

I only buy turnips when they're really cheap (like 95 bells maximum). I still need to complete the final achievement and I'm ~3 million bells away, but I'm in no rush to finish it. I've never liked bothering to check other people's prices (or even mine, for that matter), but I guess I'll have to put up with it at least until I get the achievement.

I stopped when I had more than 20 mil bells, but I bought like 10 stacks when I was terraforming my island. Eating turnips and digging up trees work so well with each other lol.

I stopped when I reached the final achievement. It’s too stressful for me honestly. I don’t like having to worry about finding good prices to sell them for and waiting in ridiculously long lines on turnip exchange. I’m way more relaxed not thinking about turnips. I have 16 mil in my bank now so I think I’m good.

I haven't woken up early enough in a couple weeks d: I'll buy them the next time I do though since I still don't have the achievement for it.. I doubt I'll buy them after that

Back