• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

do you prefer sweet or savoury breakfast?

sweet or savoury?

• sweet

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • savoury

Votes: 16 38.1%
  • both

Votes: 19 45.2%
  • i don't have breakfast

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters
i like having both. i used to be savory only until i tried belgian waffles. something like... corned beef hash and eggs, a small serving of that, then a belgian waffle with some fruit. my sister and i get brunch infrequently and this is my order. filling, yeah, usually leftovers, but ITS THE BEST

i actually ever hardly eat breakfast when it's breakfast time but breakfast food is my favorite! i generally prefer savory like eggs and bacon but i don't dislike pancakes or anything either. i'm always down for a good french toast.

My preference is savoury but there are times I'll cave and make pancakes or French toast (with cinnamon and syrup). My go to on a weekend though is hash browns, potato scones, vegan sausages, fried eggs, and baked beans. Also mushrooms and tomatoes if I can be bothered making the effort. I'm not vegetarian I just try to minimise how much meat I consume by buying alternatives for certain foods - sausage being one of the ones I'm fully okay substituting.

Breakfast today was a banana sandwich. I don't know if that would be considered sweet or savoury. 🤔 Between our New Leaf event and the kids at school examing dopamine oxidase by extracting the enzyme from bananas I've just had bananas on the brain. 😂

I like both sweet and savory depending on what I’m craving. Sometimes too much sugar in the morning feels wrong, I like my breakfasts to be somewhat healthy and actually be filling. Something like french toast is good, but doesn’t really fill me up for the rest of the morning. I like having toast, unsweetened yogurt with fruits, or sometimes a breakfast sandwich. I do occasionally like a ham and cheese croissant (when I accept suffering for dairy enjoyment), but those are pretty rich so I rarely have them now.

Back