do you prefer sweet or savoury breakfast?

sweet or savoury?

• sweet

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • savoury

Votes: 16 38.1%
  • both

Votes: 19 45.2%
  • i don't have breakfast

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters
i like having both. i used to be savory only until i tried belgian waffles. something like... corned beef hash and eggs, a small serving of that, then a belgian waffle with some fruit. my sister and i get brunch infrequently and this is my order. filling, yeah, usually leftovers, but ITS THE BEST

i actually ever hardly eat breakfast when it's breakfast time but breakfast food is my favorite! i generally prefer savory like eggs and bacon but i don't dislike pancakes or anything either. i'm always down for a good french toast.

My preference is savoury but there are times I'll cave and make pancakes or French toast (with cinnamon and syrup). My go to on a weekend though is hash browns, potato scones, vegan sausages, fried eggs, and baked beans. Also mushrooms and tomatoes if I can be bothered making the effort. I'm not vegetarian I just try to minimise how much meat I consume by buying alternatives for certain foods - sausage being one of the ones I'm fully okay substituting.

Breakfast today was a banana sandwich. I don't know if that would be considered sweet or savoury. 🤔 Between our New Leaf event and the kids at school examing dopamine oxidase by extracting the enzyme from bananas I've just had bananas on the brain. 😂

I like both sweet and savory depending on what I’m craving. Sometimes too much sugar in the morning feels wrong, I like my breakfasts to be somewhat healthy and actually be filling. Something like french toast is good, but doesn’t really fill me up for the rest of the morning. I like having toast, unsweetened yogurt with fruits, or sometimes a breakfast sandwich. I do occasionally like a ham and cheese croissant (when I accept suffering for dairy enjoyment), but those are pretty rich so I rarely have them now.

Back