• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Do you prefer hot dogs or hamburgers at a BBQ?

Which meat do you prefer?

• Total voters
hamburger! i’ve always liked hamburgers more than hot dogs and plus, hamburgers at a BBQ hit differently than ones from a fast food joint imo lmao

I'm voting hotdogs just because it's very easy to make a good hotdog. Burgers when done right definitely blow hotdogs out of the water though :p.

While both are very delicious, I feel like I can get the most out of a hamburger. I can get away with putting lots of ketchup and other condiments while doing so on a hotdog might be too much (while making a mess in the process). Plus, I can put onions on my hamburger so that's another reason why. I'll have to keep my distance from Patty so she doesn't see me that I'm basically eating a cow.

Most definitely a burger. I pull all the stops, and put ketchup, mustard, relish, pickle slices, cheese, tomato, and the occasional lettuce slice on if I’m feeling like I want a leaf. I can do hot dogs, but the ultimate power move is to grab a burger. Plus, bbq/cookout burgers are always and will always be superior to drive-through burgers and that’s just straight up facts 😌

depends. if they grill with charcoal then I'm getting tf out of there and going somewhere else to eat lmao :p
If they grilling with propane then we're good!!

But seriously, I prefer hamburgers cause I like being able to put cheese and other toppings on them. plus they're usually more filling than hot dogs.
Post automatically merged:

At this rate I would be embarrassed to vote for hot dogs. Imagine the ridicule one could face for being the hot dog outcast in a town of steamed hams.
MMMMM

STEAMED HAMS

Probably hot dogs because most of the burgers I've had at bbq's were pretty overcooked.

I'm gonna go with burgers, it's just my go to. Usually I prefer to eat all beef hotdogs, and most people don't use those. Nothing wrong with a good burger, though.

Umm, 100% hamburgers if I really can’t have seconds. Mostly because you can lay down a thick layer of toppings (I personally go for the good ol’ lettuce, tomato, ketchup, and mustard; hold the onion).

But if this were a competition between hamburgers and sausages (which I’ve distinguishing as thicker and more varied in flavour) I’d be far more torn. Almost nothing beats a grilled spicy italian sausage!

How are Hot Dogs losing by so much?! I greatly prefer them over hamburgers in general! Don't get me wrong, I like a good hamburger now and then. I looove Hot Dogs though, ever since I was a young child. It's kinda weird actually 😆

Hot dogs because burgers always end up being too overcooked for my liking at a BBQ. Also (maybe controversial??) but I like the honey + sausage combination but only at BBQs

Love hamburgers, but you gotta go with hot dogs on a BBQ!

Burgers. It’s what Hank Hill would want for all of us (assuming you’re using a propane gas grill)

A vegetarian hamburger, largely because I've yet to find a good vegetarian hot dog. (If anyone knows of a good brand, let me know! :) )

There are SO many good options for hamburgers. Beyond Meat and Impossible are my favorites, although they're less healthy than other vegetarian types...

Honestly, just about any burger over any dog for me. I'll have a hamburger, veggie burger, turkey burger, whatever. Something about burger is just superior for me. With or without cheese ( or vegan cheese) I just prefer the shape and the flavors. I have had many burgers. They are best BBQ food.

Back