• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you play the Sims?

I've played Sims 2 Pets the most! I love that game! I bought a dog named Winter and then a while later I adopted a cat. The cat was such a brat, Winter ran away. The cat was always unhappy and peed everywhere so I returned it back to the shelter and that following in-game night, Winter came back home. Even she knew the cat was problematic lol.

I haven't but I do really want to in the future.
okay that's a lie my friend let me play The Sims 3 with some of her expansion packs at her house but the game kept crashing because her laptop is kind of old

I remember the first sims game was the Freeplay, which I'd become bored with easily (especially with the wait times and microtransactions). I got Sims 4 on my birthday this year. I immediately started off with a bigger family than I should've, but I love them. I also downloaded tons of mods and CC. I don't play it as much, now, but I do hop on and off.

As the question states above, do you play any of the Sims series? If so what are your favourites? Have you had any hilarious moments whilst playing it? Any moments you regret so had to restart the game to redo? Etc. I?d love to hear!

Also am I the only one that literally binge plays it for a month or so and then leaves it for 3 or so months and then the cycle continues? Lol

Sims are awesome to relax to, my favourite in the series is The Sims 2 and I always have fun creating stories and sims for the various towns. I have all expansion packs that I delve into every now and again. 🦊

Has anyone else been playing The Sims 4: Snowy Escape? Mt Komorebi is such a pretty location.

Featured are my current favourite Sims, Dragana and Morgen. They've just welcomed their first son, Noel, who represents the fifteenth generation born in this household (I'm playing an alphabet legacy).

ykvGcid.png

PwEr6mb.png

uJWIyYa.png

8KPNrLb.png

I used to play The Sims 2 and spent years on it.

It was so much fun! I was a content creator on ModTheSims2, making clothes for male Sims. I also made machinima with The Sims 2. And enjoyed the heck out of other people's machinima efforts. It was such an amazing time because it seemed like you could create anything you wanted with the game engine, your imagination was your limit, and everyone was very supportive of each other. I have very, very fond memories of the game and the community. ♥

I didn't play Sims 3 because I didn't like (literally) the look of it. I played Sims 4 for a while but it was somehow unsatisfying for me.

I used to love playing Sims 2 when I was in my early teens. My best friend and I would play it on her computer after school. Im pretty sure I played it on my own computer too and I had some of the expansion packs. I also had Sims 2 Pets for my nintendo DS. I'd definitely buy it if they ever released a version for the switch.

i literally just stopped playing the sims 4 lol. my hopes have finally vanished.
i miss sims 3 and i wish i had a computer to play it on again. i loved supernatural and island paradise

I absolutely love the Sims! Unfortunately I can’t play much anymore because I don’t have a laptop/PC that supports it. Sims 3 was my favourite, for some reason I don’t find Sims 4 as enticing? It lacks a lot of depth that other games seem to have

I LOVE the Sims!! I think I’ve played every iteration of it. But unfortunately my MacBook like nearly explodes every time I try to run it nowadays. I’m in the market for a gaming laptop, I just don’t know what to get. I’d love to start playing again!

I used to play the original Sims game and Sims 2 on PC when I was very young (using the word 'play' in the loosest sense possible - I actually mostly watched my siblings play but I still enjoyed it anyway). When the Sims 3 was released I didn't have as much interest in the game anymore so never played it, though my sister played Sims 3 and loved it, but a few years after the Sims 4 release I got back into it and really enjoyed it. Sims 4 often gets slated for been too 'cartoony' compared to the older games but I prefer this style and I think some of the expansions are very good (though it probably helps that I never played Sims 3 to compare it to), not actually played it for a long time but when Snowy Escape goes onto offer I'm probably going to give it a go.

Outside of the main series though I really loved Sims: Bustin Out and The Urbz: Sims in the City on console, I preferred Bustin Out as it seemed more like a Sims game but they were both enjoyable, for single player or multiplayer gameplay, but they never really seem to get much love.

i've played so many sims games and i remember the names of hardly any, but basically i've played: sims 2, sims 3, sims 4, sims freeplay, sims pets, sims castaway and pretty much all the 'my sims' games

i really enjoyed them because they're such weird games lol
but then i'll play them for a month and forget about them for a year 😅
when i was younger, i used to think "woohoo" was the button that made ur sims start a party, i learned the truth the hard way...

I started playing with the original Sims game, Deluxe edition, and had every expansion pack. My cousin and I invested so many hours in that game. I barely played 2 (didn't really have the time at that point), but I LOVED 3. I got every expansion, stuff pack, and most of the store. Hidden Springs was my favorite town. So pretty! The open world was buggy but a big step up in gameplay. Don't even get me started on the pathing, especially the horses. My other cousin's daughters liked to race their horses and it took several in-game hours to get their Sims horses inside the racetrack rabbithole. Still a very fun game and one those kids would play for hours at a time.

I'm a long-time Simmer. I got the original game the year it came out and I've been hooked ever since. I hate to think how many hours I sunk into Sims 2! That and 3 are my favourites, and I still play them alongside 4. I've really liked the recent DLC for 4, Snowy Escape has a beautiful world and Paranormal Stuff is just so perfect for me and my gameplay it's not even funny. I love supernatural Sims, especially the vampires <3 The vampire powers system in 4 is really good and allows for each vampire to be individual, it's one of the things I miss when I play the earlier games.

I spend many hours trawling for custom content, and I use mods in all my games too.

It's thanks to the Sims that I learned about things like modding and even computer hardware back in the day, all so I could tweak the games and keep up with expansion pack requirements.

I'm gonna be 80 years old in a nursing home and still playing the Sims :D

I played the free app to see what it was like once lol! It was addictive in it's own way but it was kind of stressful and tedious so I got rid of it. I have never gotten the proper game but I see the appeal, it would obviously be nothing like the mobile game I am sure but I don't think it would be to my tastes. I like how wacky it can get though.

when i was younger, i used to think "woohoo" was the button that made ur sims start a party, i learned the truth the hard way...
Ahh I died that is so funny!

I only played on my friend‘s laptop a few times, but just modding all the clothes and got myself a job. She had most of the expansion packs including pets which was nice.

I play Sims 4 from time to time and have had a ton of fun with it. I also own 3 but never really got to play it as it’s huge a buggy mess (even just the base game) on my laptop and crashes all the time so I gave up on it. 4 runs perfectly fine though.

I started playing Sims Freeplay around 5 years ago, then went on a search around my house and found Sims 2, played for a year and wanted to do more, so I got Sims 4 and then I got the Sims 4 Get to Work Expansion Pack and now its like an on and off cycle of playing.

I used to play the Sims as a kid a long time ago! I recall it was Sims Pets abdcI accidently bought waaaay more dogs then I could afford t the time haha 😅 I ended up not lasting very since I ended up looking everything due to having zero cash but I also remember my sister playing My Sims constantly abd it was pretty hilarious to say the least!

Back