• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you play the Sims?

leahhhhaaaaa

Fish are friends not food
Bells
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Jingle Christmas Doll
Candy Easter Egg
Pikachu Easter Egg
Winter Mittens
Pear (Fruit)
Orange Mote of Flame
As the question states above, do you play any of the Sims series? If so what are your favourites? Have you had any hilarious moments whilst playing it? Any moments you regret so had to restart the game to redo? Etc. I?d love to hear!

Also am I the only one that literally binge plays it for a month or so and then leaves it for 3 or so months and then the cycle continues? Lol

I played the Sims free play few years ago. All the woohoos and different stuff xD

I first played Sims 2 many years ago, and got it again as a free bundle but I don't bother playing it anymore. All I play now is just Sims 3 but like the last time I played it was months ago. I tend to binge for days then forget about them for months. xD I think my family is all vampires and werewolves? I always make supernatural families. xD I gave a free version of sims 4 a try but I just don't like the interface and such, so I'll be sticking with 3.

Last edited:
I have played the Sims. My favorite was actually the game, ?My Sims.? It was for the Wii. I found it similar to Animal Crossing. There was a point when I was addicted to that game that I found it better than Animal Crossing.

Last edited:
I played the very first Sims game on my Windows XP during my first semester of my Senior year of HS; it helped me cope with my overwhelming stress and anxiety.

But my parents thought it was getting in the way of my studies so they made me stop. I haven't really played since, but that's partly because I got a new computer and it's a hassle to plug in the old one just to play it (it doesn't work on my new computer for some reason).

I remember figuring our the rosebud cheat and I had so much money xDDD

I don't play the Sims personally due to how expensive all of the DLC can be, but I enjoy watching Youtubers stream and play it! I tried the mobile version they released.. but it just didn't seem the same.

What I wonder if there going to make any new sims games, kinda been awhile.

A few years ago I used to play 2 and 3 a lot. I've sort of lost interest in the series, but I still occasionally play Sims 2.

I've played MySims and MySims Kingdoms, but I've never really played any other Sims games

I've never played a sims game before, but I watch lots of lets plays on youtube.

I kind of want to get into it, but all the expansion packs and stuff are SO expensive. I know I'll be in deep if I ever get started since I would love building and designing everything.

I've never played a sims game before, but I watch lots of lets plays on youtube.

I kind of want to get into it, but all the expansion packs and stuff are SO expensive. I know I'll be in deep if I ever get started since I would love building and designing everything.

You're being very wise here. The Sims is a blast and I love it, but it is, without any doubt, a big money hog. If you're like me, you'll see something in nearly every single pack (not so much the Stuff Packs - custom content can help give you more variety), world, etc. that you just have to have. For me, getting into a The Sims title becomes an investment. It is the epitome of that expression "opening a can of worms".

However, if you just buy the Expansion Packs, you'll find that a lot of the rest of your wants can be fulfilled by custom content. Custom content really elevates the game. Last year I had a lot of fun building a Baroque-esque palace (I must emphasize 'esque' because I am not at all educated on Baroque architecture) and a fair bit of what you see here was done through custom content, not DLC.

kNFWPIt.jpg

Note: I'm coming from a The Sims 3 perspective here, not The Sims 4.

Last edited:
However, if you just buy the Expansion Packs, you'll find that a lot of the rest of your wants can be fulfilled by custom content. Custom content really elevates the game. Last year I had a lot of fun building a Baroque-esque palace (I must emphasize 'esque' because I am not at all educated on Baroque architecture) and a fair bit of what you see here was done through custom content, not DLC.

kNFWPIt.jpg

Wow, I love how much detail you put into that build! Kind of makes me want to play again. Do you remember where you found the CC?

Wow, I love how much detail you put into that build! Kind of makes me want to play again. Do you remember where you found the CC?

IIRC everything that is CC there should be found from Luna Sims. Sadly, their on-site downloads went offline some time ago and I forgot exactly where I found their downloads. =( I believe the later pages of this ModTheSims topic might have helped me with some of it, though.

Last edited:
IIRC everything that is CC there should be found from Luna Sims. Sadly, their on-site downloads went offline some time ago and I forgot exactly where I found their downloads. =( I believe the later pages of this ModTheSims topic might have helped me with some of it, though.

Thanks! Hopefully I'll be able to find it. They may come in handy for a town I've been thinking about making.

Yup, I play the sims. I started with a bunch of expansion packs of the sims 2 that my brother handed down to me. I was a bit too young to understand what any of them really meant, so I just installed them and didn't give it a second thought. I'm pretty sure the first expansion pack that I played around with was bon voyage, and that was it for me. I'm more of a sims 3 kinda person, but I did really like the sims stories and families that came with sims 2. The pleasants and the calientes were my favourites. I always used to try and make Romeo and Juliet get together too. (it never worked lmao)

I play Sims 2 but I wish I could try 3. My laptop would probably cry if I install 3.

Yes! I played Sims 2 like crazy, had almost all the expansions and stuff packs. I'd download lots of CC so I could create victorian-era themed lots. Sims 3 I played a lot too, but with all the customization I picked it up a fair bit less as it would get overwhelming. Had most of the expansions and a few stuff packs, I bought the mermaid expansion and then never played it unfortunately. As for 4, I feel it's the most dull in the series. It's been years and it doesn't have nearly as much content as 2 or 3. Overall, it just feels very lazy in comparison. I have only have a few of the game and expansion packs. (They split them up and sell them for full price, yet they don't nearly have as much content as before.) I don't have an opinion on the original since I haven't played it. I've enjoyed MySims and MySims Kingdom as well.

My favorites are the expansions that add supernaturals or old-timey items. In Sims 3, there was an expansion called "World Adventures" that added in tons of content. It was so fun exploring tombs with actual puzzles and collecting treasure.
My favorite base-game would have to be 3, the devs put a ton of love into it.

Last edited:
Back