• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you play the Sims?

I've played The Sims 3 (My Fav), The Sims 4 (Ehhhh), Sims Freeplay (no), & Sims Mobile (Definitely no)

I've played countless hours of Sims 3, I've rarely even not cheated (Except when I first started)

i’ve been playing sims games for a long time but i haven’t played it for a while. i have sims 4 on my macbook air but it’s kind of too much software for the old thing bc i crammed tons and tons of mods into it as well... (its impossible for me to fully enjoy the games without mods tbh) probably not gonna play seriously again unless sims 5 comes out lol

I am playing Sims 3 on the 3DS!

I used to looove the Sims 3 Pets and would play it all the time for like 2 years
until my mean stepmom threw the game in the trash 😡👊
But once in one of my families I had the daughter (who was my favorite) try and make some moves on the grimm reaper once he came to get her dad, and he actually responded o.o
They almost got to 1st base too, but then death disappeared on her
he really ghosted her tho

Ive also tried sims freeplay and sims mobile bc I missed my game but they were a flop imo

Last edited:
i really like sims 3!

used to play sims 2 a lot before 3 came out, and sometimes i still play the awful GBA and DS games just for kicks lol

I've been playing the Sims since around 2002 and when I got around to playing Sims 3, my Sim took a mystery pill as she had a job as a test subject or something and her butt started on fire, and then Death came and jumped on the trampoline for many Sim hours.

My favorite has to be either Sims 2 or Sims 4.

ive been a huge sims fan since day one. (sims 2 is still the best, just saying) sims 3 was a buggy mess but i loved it, and sims 4 is a huge, lifeless disappointment imo, especially in contrast with the previous ones. i had some hope for it for a little while, but now with so many lackluster expansions coming out for it im pretty much giving up.

now im just looking forward to paralives, (indie life-sim game still in development, and the first ever competitor to the sims) as it seems like everything sims 4 should've been and also just overall amazing.

Last edited:
I've played Sims 4 and it was great, but nostalgy says Sims 2 for DS as a Christmas present.
Oh and also My Sims.

I used to play the sims 3 so much. My favorite expansions were supernatural, university, island paradise, and into the future. I tried to play the sims 4 so many times, have a lot of the expansions, stuff packs and game packs, but I can’t get into it. I just don’t like it. I’ve tried so many times to like it and play it but I just cannot. It’s too bland for me, though I do like CAS better than the sims 3. I played the sims 2 as well, but 3 was my favorite overall.

I’ve played sims religiously all of my life I started with sims 2 on my gameboy advance. It’s my all time favorite game, I’m disappointed with sims 4 because it doesn’t have the same feel as previous ones and you have to buy so much DLC for it. As for funny moments I can’t remember anything in particular but probably the glitches. Sims games are always something I’ll be obsessed with for a while then I drop them like nothing and pick them back up again and do it all over again- a never ending cycle.

I've played the sims 3 and 4 on and off but tbh the biggest thing stopping me from playing it is the fact that I have it on a Mac. I don't have a mouse either... I've been thinking of getting it on console (xbox) but the expansion packs are way too expensive, and I'm not sure if custom content can be accessed on console.

Man, I used to love The Sims. For the PC, I have all 4 Sims games. On top of that, I got a bunch of The Sims console games (The Sims and The Sims Bustin' Out for PS2, The Sims 2 for Gamecube, The Sims 3 for Xbox 360 and MySims for Wii).

Although I don't exactly remember when I first got into the series, I think it was around 2005. I ended up getting The Sims Bustin' Out (PS2) for my birthday that year, and just fell in love with the series. It was just really neat as a kid to be able to create these fictional people and play out their lives and what not. I played that game a bunch and beat it multiple times, lol, although I relied on cheats pretty extensively. I also rented The Sims (PS2) a bunch and beat that as well (again, with cheats) before I ended up just buying it outright years later. I would later get The Sims Deluxe Edition (PC), enjoyed it, wanted to get more expansion packs for it, so I ended up getting The Sims Complete Collection (PC). I got some good entertainment out of it, though I didn't play it as much as I should have, I feel.

My love and interest for the series definitely peaked with The Sims 2 (PC), though. iirc I got The Sims 2 Deluxe for my birthday in 2008, but not 100% sure on that. But I absolutely loved it. The main core mechanic addition of Sims actually being able to age and live out full lives before dying just captivated me so much compared to the previous entries. I would play it daily, I got all the expansion packs (and most of the stuff packs) for it, and I really enjoyed just playing out the lives of the Sims I had created and doing all I could to make their lives the best they could be. I have fond memories of playing it, got tons of value out of it and the expansion packs, and it was definitely worth all the money spent getting the expansion/stuff packs for it since it just made my experience with it that much better. A bit sad that those save files I played on are basically lost forever since they were on an old laptop and I never copied them over, but hey, that's the way it goes. I also got The Sims 2 for Gamecube at some point during this time and beat it, though it didn't hold my attention as much as the PC or even PS2 games did.

But my love for the series kind of just disappeared during The Sims 3. I got the Collector's Edition when it came out, played it a fair amount, also got the first expansion pack, but then I sort of just stopped playing. As cool as the whole world being visible and what not was, the loading times were brutal and it didn't help my laptop couldn't run it as smoothly as it did The Sims 2, so it made it a lot harder to get into. I would get The Sims 3 for Xbox 360 later on, played it for a good week or so, and then stopped. That was the last time I played the Sims for years. I played MySims briefly last year, where I kinda just blitzed through it in order to beat it and move on. To end this, I got The Sims 4 when it was free on Origin, but I still haven't gotten around to playing it yet.

Anyways, that was long as heck. I guess the whole thing is that while I enjoyed The Sims, I kinda just lost the passion for it as the years have gone by, especially with struggling to get into The Sims 3 and with so many other games coming out and taking my attention instead. I stopped following along with any news about The Sims games, and I sort of just lost the motivation to want to play it again. If I ever went back to The Sims and played it again, I'd go with The Sims 2, though, since I feel like it hasn't been topped (of course, saying that without playing 4, but I kinda doubt it beats out 2 for me).

I’ve played sims FreePlay for quite a few years but it pretty limited on stuff and you cant get any of the live events completed without spending money.
my husband has PlayStation plus so we got the sims 4 base game for free and the expansions on sale. I’m enjoying it so much. In fact I haven’t touch sims FreePlay since I got sims 4.

Sims was basically my life at one point. I got into it pretty late because I'm cheap and bought the Sims 4 when it was free. I think I got 24 hours worth of gameplay the first two days. Still addicted to it but now I need to get custom content because I can't stand how some things look in the Sims 4. I love the Sims 3 too! I think the gameplay from Sims 3 is a lot more fun and a bit more stupid (which adds to the fun)!
Right now, quarantine gave me the idea to try to get popular on simblr lol.

I used to play it but it kept crashing a lot of my laptops so I don’t bother anymore~

Last edited:
Huge fan, been playing for about 12 years now. I first got it on the ds but then got the Sims 3 for my birthday. I have all four games but not all the expansion and stuff packs for 3 and 4. My favourite one is Sims 3 because that’s the one I grew up playing the most and I love the open world feature. I’ve never had to restart but I lost my original saved games because my laptop stopped working. But then a couple of years ago I bought a gaming laptop so I’m able to play both Sims 3 and 4 more smoothly. I haven’t played it in a couple months but always go back to it because it’s so addictive!

As the question states above, do you play any of the Sims series? If so what are your favourites? Have you had any hilarious moments whilst playing it? Any moments you regret so had to restart the game to redo? Etc. I?d love to hear!

Also am I the only one that literally binge plays it for a month or so and then leaves it for 3 or so months and then the cycle continues? Lol

i played the heck out ofThe Sims, had all the expansion packs and hack codes. I was seriously addicted. Then the great PC meltdown of 19999 happened and I lost it all. 😭

i started with the sims 4 years ago and i'm still obsessed with it! i buy a lot of expansion packs lmao

it's fun! i really like to mod in clothes and hair but my game is pretty bogged down with all the items now, it kind of put my game on life support and i don't want to go through everything to make it run better...

Back