Do you miss mannequins?

I definitely miss them! I used to display all the Zelda outfits on them in my museum! And put them in the houses as little shop keepers or characters in a scene. I hope they come back and give us even more. And hopefully they let us customize it. I've always wanted skin coloured ones or a wooden design :) But they would definitely need to be able to go into storage this time around.

I loved them! I like making themed rooms and displaying a matching outfit ties it all together imo. I want to put a mannequin with the mermaid clothes in my mermaid room 😭

guess I was the only one who never used mannequins lol. it used to annoy me that I wasn't allowed to sell them

Yes I totally miss them. I remember hunting them down in nl. It was really cool displaying the princess clothes on it. So wish we could get them in nh, whether crafting or having to do certain things to earn them

Yes! I used to use them as help staff in my house or for fake stores i made and make them the store clerk, I was so hoping with the new exterior designing we can do on NH that we‘d be able to use some mannequins but alas, we can’t 🥺

I only used them in NL because I made my house into a hotel so they were great to serve as staff! I haven't particularly missed them in this game (I more or less forgot about them until this thread) but I'm sure I'd find a use for them somewhere if they were brought back

I found myself wishing for them a few times, to be honest! I had a little cat cafe room in NL and I think it'd be cute to do that again.

Yes! I always like using them to display costumes and different kinds of armour, that would work well on my island too :'(

Nope, I don't miss them. Actually, I'd forgotten all about them until I read this thread. 🤪

I didn't use them in New Leaf. In New Horizons, I think they'd be more useful, seeing as how we can place things outdoors. I'm reminded of the real life Japanese town of Nagoro, where hundreds of life-size dolls populate the inside of buildings as well as the outdoor spaces. The dolls are made by a resident, and so the dolls are supposed to represent the village's former real-life inhabitants. Each doll is handmade and unique.

If mannequins are a thing in the game, I can see how some players may want to collect them and populate their islands with them. It'd be interesting to see!

I want to have them in stalls and make em look like store owners and stuff
I want them back so bad please

More than once I was standing in one place thinking "oh man, I wish there were a player-sized mannequins to dress up, so I could place them in some specific spots pretending they're the humans!". So...my answer is "yes", I guess. Even tho I'm afraid of mannequins irl lol

nah, rarely ever used them, and when i did it was for outfit changes. the new wardrobe and wand means i don't need em anymore :whistle:

Yes and no. I had used the mannequins in NL to lay out four days' worth of outfits, making it quick to change each morning. But dressing in NH isn't difficult, so I usually pick out my outfit before shutting down for the night now. It would be nice to get mannequins as rewards for increasing friendship levels with the NPCs, but we have different things now - Sable's patterns, Label's clothes - so I guess it isn't as imperative.

Not really.

I think the mannequin that I had in New Leaf, held my legend of zelda outfit from those fortune cookies.
I would like to see them comes back (Aslong as they were store-able) and made an item that you could purchase from the able sisters/order using nm or something. Since it was kinda cute to see outfits hung up and in town's like Aika Village (in New leaf), it helped the story telling of the village.

Ahhh, I remember these! I made one of my rooms into a wardrobe and used them to display some of my favorite outfits. It added a little extra personality to the room.

I'd love to be able to use them again - similar to what the Able Sisters currently do every day.

I didn't realize how much I missed them until seeing this post. I would vastly prefer them to the wands, since you can set them out and see the outfit, which isn't possible with a wand - though the wands themselves are very cute to hold, I'd rather carry around a tool or something.

I totally forgot about the mannequin! That explains why it felt off when I put my clothes on display.

Do I miss it? Absolutely.

Back