• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you like violent video games?

They’re fun when I’m in the mood for them. Very satisfying watching something blow up or tearing through a mob of zombies with a shotgun or something. Wouldn’t play things like that all the time though or it’d get stale.

some games I enjoy have violence, yeah, but I'm not really interested in games that are all about violence.

I don't mind them if there's a actual story/reason to the violence, games that allow it just for the pure sake of having it I see as being pointless, for me the story needs to stand out an the game needs to focus more on the story than just adding in violance

Although to be fair I do enjoy letting off steam by going on gta an just running everyone over if I need a laugh

Some of my favourite games include Dark Souls, Dead by Daylight and Mortal Kombat, all of which are pretty (or very) violent. I think violence and games are pretty ubiquitous now with most genres that aren't life-sim games like animal crossing. Of course, the scale can vary from just shooters to, well, Mortal Kombat. I don't think I would go and play a game just for the sake of it being violent, but violence as a consequence of good or fun gameplay I think can be very satisfying.

I'm personally not a fan of violent games but I have played them before. Fire Emblem and Breath if the Wild are the closest things I've got to violent games tbh. I have played borderlands before (not owned though) and the 007 games on the Nintendo 64 and wii consoles. The strategy element can be fun but if I am going to play a violent game it has to be with people, that is the only way to enjoy them for me. I find them quite stressful otherwise. My only rule with violent games is that they have to be fictionally based, for example, I wouldn't touch a game based on ww1, 2 etc. I'm honestly more of a casual gamer.

Always have, honestly. I love gory horror games especially. Dead Space has a special place in my heart bahaha.

They’re fun when I’m in the mood for them. Very satisfying watching something blow up or tearing through a mob of zombies with a shotgun or something. Wouldn’t play things like that all the time though or it’d get stale.

100% i enjoy playing state of decay 2 and blow zombies, its so satisfying to watch them burst into nothingness. they make my life a living hell so i love giving them hell when i'm out on a supply run. specially on lethal !! OH how i love killing them and that feral is my favorite to hunt as they are vicious

when i was a wee thing, the first mortal kombat game had come out and my friend down the street got it. i could never memorize the sequences for moves, so us playing it together became him showing me every bloody combo on my flailing fighter and the two of us laughing like lunatics at the sheer gore. i still don't play MK, but i love watching the combos, they're so over the top that it's awesome.

dead space is the goriest series i actively play, and oh boy, it's horrifying to me. which is great cuz it is intended as a serious horror piece. and body horror is one of my favorite genres. i'm really really looking forward to the remake, and praying it'll be released to the xbox one, not one x exclusive.

definitely. one that comes to mind is gears of war, which me and my brother would play religiously, and mortal kombat. they have some really vicious finisher scenes

Does Smash Bros count? Lmao o~O
I think the only one I remember playing that was violent was Mortal Kombat
But no violent zombie filled games or anything like that.

I’m not put off by violence or gore if the game is interesting, but don’t accept it as a substitute for being interesting. I don’t really take it into account one way or another when deciding whether to play a game. I’m really into horror, especially body horror, so it’s a bit hard to avoid. I love Dead Space despite how over-the-top it is, because I find the necromorphs fascinating (I’m weird like that).

I do not like scary or violent games. I guess the only exceptions would be Dragon Quest, Pikmin, or Splatoon. Other than those 3 there aren't any violent games I can think of.

Absolutely not, I don't like violence in general. (Unless you count The Legend of Zelda? I mean, it's mostly just fantasy violence... And I don't mind 'cause it's my favorite video game series. :p)

Nah, games like that don't appeal to me. I'm more into games like SM64, similar cartoon style platformers like Zelda, and for something non-Nintendo, the old Spyro games.
wanted to update my comment here. there are certain violent video games that I like, but I don't like them because they're violent. I really like the original Halo trilogy for their compelling storytelling and lore, in that case the violence is just a secondary thing.

likewise, I don't actively seek out games to play that are violent. games where that's the main feature don't appeal to me at all.

The only one I play is GTA and just because I say that doesn't mean I'm violet in real life (seriously I hate when the media tries to say that)

I am not really a big fan of them...NOT for the sole reason that "tHeY aRe vIoLeNt", I am just not a hardcore gamer. I feel like violent video games get too much hate just for being violent. I get that everyone is entitled to their own opinions and that some people just do not like violent-related things, but the problem I have is people blaming these video games for teaching violent behavior when it is the parents/guardians' fault for not teaching their children that violence is wrong.

If violents means like blood, and gore, and mature plots then yes. But I like violent games, or games with fighting more then none violent games

Im more engaged in those, so its more fun for me.

Im a big fan of Danganronpa, and its incredibly violent, and checks off most of the mature boxes.

Back