• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you like violent video games?

thisistian

Bells
Pear (Fruit)
White Rose
I personally don't

~ was meant to post it in Gaming Lounge, but oh well...

Last edited:
I/I've played outlast, COD, Friday the 13th, etc. So yea, I enjoy them, mostly for the scare factor in some of them.

Fav game is The Last of us & Life is Strange.

Last edited:
I don't mind my taste in games are very varied. I love games like the last of us or gears of war and others such as animal crossing and viva pinata

Nah, games like that don't appeal to me. I'm more into games like SM64, similar cartoon style platformers like Zelda, and for something non-Nintendo, the old Spyro games.

I like fps games especially Halo, and the Medal of Honor games. not into gore though altho some by necessity is in the fps games (mostly blood, but in Halo its just alien blood)

i prefer non violent games like animal crossing, though occasionally i play assassins creed or rainbow six siege

- - - Post Merge - - -

i really really wanna play until dawn for some reason though, it looks amazing

Yes I do! I don't like horror though. Probably the most violent game I have played is COD or Assassin's Creed games, in terms of killing other humans or players for "fun". In Assassin's Creed, I actually put it not to show blood because it was actually pretty gross!

I can enjoy games from both ends of the spectrum even if I'm not usually into more excessively violent games. My two favorite games on the Gamecube are Animal Crossing and Resident Evil 4 - two opposites you might say.

Yes I do! I don't like horror though. Probably the most violent game I have played is COD or Assassin's Creed games, in terms of killing other humans or players for "fun". In Assassin's Creed, I actually put it not to show blood because it was actually pretty gross!
Right? I like the option to turn the blood animation off. Otherwise it just makes weapons like the axes look terrible. I am an assassin who doesn't like blood. That is about as violent of a game I will play. I am not into shooters or horror games.

Not really, I don't play them but I might watch a youtuber play a horror game with violence.

Doesn't make much of a difference to me. Violent games are fun, but I also find equal enjoyment out of non violent games.

Depends, I absolutely despise gore if it's just for the sake of weirding people out, but I absolutely enjoy messing around in GTA, because it's fun to cause a lot of destruction without causing any destruction.

I like them, but I don't play games based on whether or not they're violent.

Typical video game violence really isn't that shocking or intriguing to me, to a point where I'll actually sort of forget the game I'm playing is violent. Maybe it's that most people only identify something as violent when there's blood involved, despite the fact that an absence of blood doesn't make a game any less violent, so most games won't go much further than having a bit of blood spray out when you shoot or hit a guy...I mean, the game Naughty Bear was rated 12+ as is way more violent than a majority of things I'll see in the typical 18+ game.

But hyper violence!? Oh hell yes, I'll go out of my way for that! Punching off demons heads in DOOM, x-ray vision nut explosions in Mortal Kombat or bathing in a sea of blood whilst chopping enemies limbs off so they hop around trying to pathetically headbutt you to death in Ninja Gaiden is all so absurdly over the top that I can't help but enjoy how morbidly hilarious it all is.

This sort of violence is almost a parody of what news outlets, politicians and YOUR MUM insist all video games are...And it's a shame that so few games take it to such over the top extremes.

i LOVE fighting and **** but i dont like boring overdone art styles. so i stick with nintendo games like smash/zelda

I have to say I don't really think about it. I like games that are violent, but I don't like games because they're violent. Probably the majority of games I play are "violent." Unless you're playing puzzle games or games like Animal Crossing(which one could argue technically has violence, based on your definition), it's pretty hard to find a game that doesn't have some sort of violent themes.

Yes! As Jim from The Office once said, violent video games are objectively more fun :D (though not seriously). I don't go _for_ the violence though, and I typically don't play very gore-filled games if only because I don't particularly like the genres that have gore-filled games (though there are notable exceptions). Still, I love how visceral close combat violence can be.

Back