Do you like to watch Island Flyovers when travel to someone else Island?

I think they can be pretty fun to see. I like how some people will focus on their flyovers to look really nice. I know when I used to do a lot of trading, I had some people ask to explore my island afterwards. (I don't think mine is that exciting though, haha)

Yeah, I do. Often times I only came to another person's island for a specific reason (i.e. trading) that would result in me going in and out quickly. So I enjoyed that the flyover gave me a good glimpse into what their island was like even if I couldn't spend any time exploring it!

It's neat to see how people have their islands set up via the flyover, yeah. That said, since my friends stopped playing New Horizons a couple years ago now and because I'm generally an introvert and don't interact with that many people here, generally the only islands I visit anymore are the ones belonging to the same few members of the forum whose shop threads I frequent.

Yeah, they're fun to watch. It feeds my inner fisgona. I like seeing what people are doing with their island entrances. Even when an island is still new, you can still see hints at what the person is trying to create. A garden here, a wall there and so on. I just find it fascinating. Especially since the only time that I get to visit someone is when trading.

Yes, I do enjoy island flyovers. Especially when I usually video record with a built in camera function the flyover of my island when going back to my island to record on my island progress from 2020. It's nice seeing your island or town in an overhead view.

In a nutshell, It's satisfying to look at really.

If you're talking about when going to other's island. Then yes, it's as equally satisfying when you could see what the island is like when I'm either visiting or trading. It piques my curiosity about their island.

Last edited:
They're nice to look at, especially when visiting someone for the first time. Now, when someone else is watching it while you're trying to do things on the island already, that's a whole different story.

I kind of wished Nintendo could've figured out how to have someone join or leave an island/town without having to stop all gameplay for a solid minute or more. Yes, still notify existing players if someone is joining or leaving, but we really don't need to sit through a "cutscene" every single time this happens. Obviously, this was a major criticism back when everyone was selling turnips regularly.

I'll leave it at that as this isn't a rant thread, but in short, yes, it's enjoyable to watch if it's in your perspective.

Looking at the islands I am visiting during the fly over is my favorite part! Well that said, the only times I fly over to someone else's island is when I am dropping something off or picking something up. It is so inspiring to see their island from a birds eye view. I like to see my own island on my return trips as well. Only thing is, I'm sometimes embarrassed to have someone come to my island and knowing they can see it the same way. I haven't really spent any time decorating so I know it looks a mess.

I like it!

I think all islands look cute during the flyover and most of my travel is trades and exchanges so it’s usually all I see of their island. Idk. It makes me happy. Flying over mine to return is the same way!

Whenever I've got an item to give someone and they ask me 'Do you want to come over to my island or shall I come to you?', I always say I'll deliver, it's not because I don't want anyone visiting my island, it's because I love the island flyovers! I especially love whenever I watch the island flyovers when the snow is present!

i do, it’s actually one of my favourite parts about visiting other people’s islands! i only really visit other people’s islands to do trades, and the flyover sequence allows me to see more of their beautiful island than i would otherwise (since i usually stay at their island entrance)!

i also enjoy the flyover sequence when returning to my own island— it’s nice to see it from a higher angle, and it makes for some cool photos!

I liked them. It gives you an idea of how their island is. I wonder if they will do more with that idea in the next ac game.
I do wish they kinda did a circle over the island, but that would probably cause a longer wait time for other players who are waiting for you to land :/

i love it! i find it especially cute when the island rep is waiting near the airport and they wave~ 🥺🥺
i don't visit people so i don't get the chance to see my own island's flyover so i do wonder what area is actually visible (•ᴗ•,, )

I love the island flyovers! I think they’re a good sneak peak of the island, and it always interested me to explore the island! I also adore the custom “Welcome to *insert island name here*” signs, they’re so adorable and creative!

Oh, I really love watching the island flyovers! I mainly travelled to other islands to trade, and so it gave a small glimpse of their design without imposing! When decorating my first island, I was thoughtful about what would be seen in my flyover area too. I really like the idea in the above post of randomising the start position! I think that would be cute.

Yeah, I really enjoy the flyover part of visiting someones island. Like so many others, mostly Ive just visited to do a quick trade anyway, so its nice to see part of the island and from a different perspective as well :)

Back