• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you like horror movies?

• Yes

Votes: 20 40.8%
  • No

Votes: 29 59.2%

• Total voters

Mokuren

Bells
Switch
1228-4657-4697
Island
I am too scared to watch them lol When I was younger I watched the ring and couldn't sleep for months... I still think something will come out of my TV!

I am now brave enough to watch X Factor at least! Lol Got nightmares from the grandma with red eyes haha

I don't like jumpscares or gore, but in general I find horror movies have more interesting concepts.

I love them dearly and im so full from Creepy pasta yum that i think ive developed an immunity to being spooked by any horror movie that comes out due to the genre already scarring 8 year old me religiously watching The Grudge clips on youtube.com and ruining my life

Absolutely not. Most of them are gross or funny to me so I laugh at inappropriate things/times. If I want to laugh, I'd rather find a comedy genre movie to watch, or YouTube. 🙂

Do I like horror movies? Do I need to breathe oxygen, eat food and drink water to survive? The answer to all of those questions is a resounding yes! To the surprise of absolutely no one who has seen my posts on these forums over the years.

Horror movies have basically always been a part of my life. My first exposure to a horror movie came at a very young age, probably around 3 or 4, when I saw the original Child's Play from 1988. Despite what one might expect, the movie never scared me back then and throughout my life I've never been scared of horror movies. I also played the original Mortal Kombat around 3 years old since my older sibling had a copy for the Sega Genesis, so I was always able to recognize that what happens in movies, shows and games is just happening in the movie, show or game, that the monster or killer or whatnot isn't real, and I don't need to be scared of it. I enjoy horror movies for the atmosphere, the stories, plots and characters, the oftentimes awesome music, and cool practical effects.

I love horror so much that I run a month-long horror movie marathon throughout the month of October every year leading up to and including Halloween day, and oftentimes including November 1st and 2nd to incorporate the Mexican holiday of Día de los Muertos. It's a mix of trying to watch movies, new or old, that I haven't seen before as well as watching movies that I've already seen and know I love.

Horror, when done well, is my favorite genre. That said, there's a lot of crappy horror out there if you don't know what quality stuff to look for.

Some of my favorites are:

- The Return of the Living Dead (1985, directed by Dan O'Bannon)
- Alien (1979, directed by Ridley Scott)
- Aliens (1986, directed by James Cameron)
- An American Werewolf in London (1981, directed by John Landis)
- Army of Darkness (1992, directed by Sam Raimi)
- Black Christmas (1974 original, directed by Bob Clark)
- Bride of Frankenstein (1935, directed by James Whale)
- Bubba Ho-Tep (2002, directed by Don Coscarelli)
- Candyman (1992, directed by Bernard Rose)
- Child's Play (1988, directed by Tom Holland)
- Creepshow (1982, directed by George A. Romero)
- Dawn of the Dead (1978, directed by George A. Romero)
- Day of the Dead (1985, directed by George A. Romero)
- Deep Red (1975, directed by Dario Argento)
- Dracula (1931, directed by Tod Browning)
- Dracula, Spanish language verison (1931, directed by George Melford)
- Evil Dead II: Dead by Dawn (1987, directed by Sam Raimi)
- Frankenstein (1931, directed by James Whale)
- Fright Night (1985, directed by Tom Holland)
- Gojira (1954, directed by Ishirô Honda Honda)
- Halloween 3: Season of the Witch (1982, directed by Tommy Lee Wallace)
- Hausu (1977, directed by Nobuhiko Ôbayashi)
- House of 1000 Corpses (2003, directed by Rob Zombie)
- House on Haunted Hill (1959, directed by William Castle)
- Killer Klowns from Outer Space (1988, directed by Stephen Chiodo)
- Night of the Creeps (1986, directed by Fred Dekker)
- Night of the Living Dead (1968 original, directed by George A. Romero)
- Nosferatu (1922, directed by F.W. Murnau)
- Phantasm (1979, directed by Don Coscarelli)
- Phantasm 2 (1988, directed by Don Coscarelli)
- Re-Animator (1985, directed by Stuart Gordon)
- Son of Frankenstein (1939, directed by Rowland V. Lee)
- Suspiria (1977, directed by Dario Argento)
- Tenebrae (1982, directed by Dario Argento)
- The Blob (1988 remake, directed by Chuck Russell)
- The Changeling (1980, directed by Peter Medak)
- The Devils (1971, directed by Ken Russell)
- The Devil's Rejects (2004, directed by Rob Zombie)
- The Evil Dead (1980, directed by Sam Raimi)
- The Fly (1986 remake, directed by David Cronenberg)
- The Howling (1981, directed by Joe Dante)
- The Invisible Man (1933, directed by James Whale)
- The Lost Boys (1987, directed by Joel Schumacher)
- The Mist (2007, directed by Frank Darabont)
- The Mummy (1959 Hammer version, directed by Terence Fisher)
- The Thing (1982, directed by John Carpenter)
- The Wolf Man (1941, directed by George Waggner)
- Trick 'R Treat (2007, directed by Michael Dougherty)
- Zombi 2 (1979, directed by Lucio Fulci)

I could keep going, but that list is long enough. But yeah, I love horror.

I like the classic horror films, mostly for their aesthetic rather than because they're genuinely frightening or well-written, though. But I find most western horror movies to be sensory overload more than actually scary. There are exceptions, of course. I like Silence of the Lambs, and there are movies with horror elements such as Jurassic Park that are some of my favorites. But generally speaking, I'm kind of apathetic to horror as a genre.

yup! i like the more psychological stuff though. sometimes the supernatural stuff is much too cheap for me.

I love paychological, or not in ypur fa w gorw, not that I can't handle it, I just, would rather not have it in my face,

I think *Get Out* is my favorite movie of that genre. Its really cool, and Jordan Peel is amazing. Nope was also really good.

Theres a few gorey ones I dint mind. Texas chainsaw wasnt aweful but its one id only watch ones.

Don't breath was one of my favorites, and happy death day. Comedy horror needs way more recognition in my opiniion if done right of course, and not something like, Scary Movie.

But yeah horror movies rock.

not really, unless the horror aspect is sort of a backseat theme and not the main focus.

me and my cousin once had a three week ongoing horror movie marathon. It was actually great memories to look back on. I remember one night we were watching Annabelle and I took a break and went to the kitchen to make a cup of tea, he hid on the stairs to jump scare me and BOY WAS I MAD (& scared!) 🤣

But to answer your question, yes I like horror movies

im personally not a fan of horror movies unless its a horror aspect included in animation/claymation movies, such as coraline, which is one of my favourite movies. actual real-life horror movies are uninteresting to me and i dont find them scary; i get bored not even halfway through. i do enjoy true horror documentaries and stories however!

I don’t watch a whole lot of movies, much less horror movies, so I voted no. I like a lot of analog horror, I watch youtube videos about true horror events because they’re really interesting (but sad), and Kane Pixels’ backrooms series on youtube was very fascinating (I’ve been obsessed with the backrooms from the time I first saw that first iconic image). So generally, I prefer other mediums of horror.

Some of them, sort of! Specifically, sometimes my mom and I like to make fun of them occasionally ahahaha. Found footage is our favorite genre to poke fun at, but we watch some others too. I'll avoid any with any themes/content warnings that I'd find genuinely upsetting, but general horror monsters don't really spook me all that much.

...Not that I'll watch them right before bed, mind you.

No because then they get incorporated into my dreams for weeks

Back