• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you get dessert after eating out in a restaurant?

Do you get dessert after a meal?

• heck yea

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • no way man

Votes: 16 25.4%
  • sometimes

Votes: 37 58.7%
  • I’m smarter than you and I order dessert to take home and eat later

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters
Sometimes!! Recently I’ve always been craving for shaved ice with milk and strawberry after eating out with my bf during our free lunchtimes 😭😭 it’s sooo good and idrc if I’m full LOL
When I’m out with family we almost always have dessert after eating out! It’s our way of bonding since we usually share slices of cake, or eat ice cream in the car.

Almost never! But there is a restaurant local to my region where my wife and I usually share the cookie skillet. It is a giant and soft cookie fresh out of the oven with a scoop of ice cream and fudge drizzled on top.

Very rarely (I voted sometimes). I'm not huge on sweets. I'd rather get a side dish if I want more.

Additionally, desserts and also eating out in general here has become really expensive. It's not like I couldn't afford the dessert, it's just that I don't really want to anyway and it's also stupidly expensive so there is little reason to. So yeah the dessert really has to be something special to sway me over.

no, I’m usually too full by dessert time. most of the time after a meal I may go to a drink spot and get some bubble tea or something like that to fill the dessert void. It’s just the right amount of extra for me after a full meal. but I will say everytime I go to Cheesecake Factory I always get a cheesecake slice even when I’m full, I take it to go and save it for home. I love their cheesecakes.

I hear you! It's happened to me too many times. Even with the best intentions to save space for dessert, I often find myself too stuffed to indulge. One dessert that sticks in my memory is a heavenly cheesecake topped with fresh berries. If you're ever in Dublin, places to eat rathgar are where you'll find the most scrumptious desserts. It's worth planning ahead to make sure you have room for a sweet treat!

Last edited:
Sometimes. It depends on the dessert. I am partial to affogatos and just about anything else with ice cream. I do have a "chocolate craving mood" and when that happens I try to get anything made of chocolate.

I don’t eat at restaurants unless it’s McDonalds and sometimes I get a McFlurry

It really depends on the type of restaurant. If it is one of the ones that have you order three courses or is a buffet then yes I get dessert. Otherwise I usually skip dessert.

I’m usually too full to even finish my meal and have to take the leftovers home, so no. I feel like I have a bottomless stomach when I eat at home, but for some reason I always get full so quickly whenever I eat out anywhere. I also have IBS, so eating anywhere other than at home is nerve-wracking for me. I prefer to just have my drink and one meal, and then get home asap in case my stomach gets upset.

Though I do sometimes order a milkshake as my drink, if that counts as dessert.

Nope, I never do these days. I can remember a couple of instances when I was a kid that I got dessert at a restaurant, but otherwise, the actual meal itself is filling enough that I don't need to eat anything in addition to it.

there's a different stomach for dessert it's a scientific fact i swear !!!!!!!!!! 😩 i don't get dessert at restaurants tho simply cause they're kind of expensive unless i really like that particular dessert. in a perfect world i would order dessert everytime. i do make an exception for cheesecakes at cheesecake factory haha. otherwise i prefer to get like bubble tea or ice cream from an ice cream store or something for dessert.

Rarely, and if I do I either take it home, or I barely touched my dinner and I bring that home. It would have to look like an amazing dessert or some super special occasion.
Most of the time, I bring half or a third my dinner home already anyway without the dessert factor.

Every once in a while. It really depends on the offering. On special occasions like b-days or holidays, of course. But I try not to do it too often so it stays special.

Depends on the occasion. In a casual outing, usually not. But for special occasions/dates, maybe. As long as the other person is footing the bill.

Sometimes if there's something particularly tasty on the menu, but very seldom as I'm usually full from my meal

I have a major sweet tooth, so yes! There have been times when I went to a restaurant just to get dessert! (not like a bakery...real, sit down restaurants)

Mainly order dessert if I'm going out for dinner. If I'm taking the time and spending the money to dine out, might as well get the full course. I also tend to look at dessert menus first to see if I'm interested, then, if I am, I eat a portion of the main dish, ask for a to-go box for the rest and then eat the dessert at the restaurant.

I hardly ever do. Usually desserts in restaurants are waaaay overpriced for the portion you get and I'm pretty much always full after my meal. Even with birthdays, we always have our own cake or whatever at home.

Not... really. I never crave it but I noticed that the people that I keep company with all crave desserts afterwards. After we eat, and walk around is when the people that I'm with crave boba, icecream, cookies... whatnot.

Back