• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you enjoy minecraft?

I like revisiting it every now and then, and it’s more fun when I would roleplay kingdoms with friends. By myself, I’m always in creative mode trying to build cities. However, trying to build one from scratch is tedious - I prefer to build on a normal overworld seed and not the super flat one, if I wanted to make roads that connected to other cities.

I really had something going when I played on my PS3. As the map size was limited on that edition, I didn’t feel as pressured to find a good spot to build. I ended up creating several small towns and a few cities, all connected via walking paths. After infinite maps became standard across all new platforms, it takes me a long time to find a good spot, and when I finally find one and begin to terraform, I’m already bored and not knowing how to build it up.

I much prefer creative over survival. It’s more chill that way.

Apologies for sounding like a stereotypical boomer or something, but to be honest they're just adding way too much stuff in Minecraft for me to handle. I enjoy watching Youtubers play it (like Minecraft Manhunt and stuff like that), but like...half of the mobs I see I can't even identify. Like...they had foxes in Minecraft??? And axolotls? I'll just always prefer old-school MC to be honest. Though, back when I had PE, I played on a map, I believe called Pam's HarvestCraft, that was basically a farming sim and it was very fun.
Hey, I'm the same way! 😀 I played since 2011 and I loved Minecraft. Over time, they just added too much for my liking. Less is more, in a way. 🤔 I haven't played in a long time, but the times I would revisit the game, I always reverted back to Beta 1.2 and enjoyed it for a while. 👍
Post automatically merged:

Here is a strange opinion: I don't enjoy Minecraft, but I love Dragon Quest Builders. I've even described Dragon Quest Builders as a superior version of Minecraft with a third party view and an actual story.

So I have no idea why I dislike Minecraft when I obviously enjoy building games. 😅
Dragon Quest Builders is indeed superior! I have both games and replaying the story mode never grows old to me. It helps a lot if you like Dragon Quest already and if you don't, this game introduces you to a lot of the charm of DQ. 🍀 Glad to hear someone else enjoys DQB. 😁

I used to love Minecraft, but over the years I've slowly drifted away from it. I think what I want from Minecraft is so fundamentally different from what the fanbase and the company wants that I've just given up on it. I love building and I know the fanbase loves building too, but I'm tired of new building blocks and mobs being considered substantial updates. I would love to see more bosses or an entirely new gameplay system added to get some of that magic back, but a lot of people seem content with building and making automatic farms.

And, of course, with Minecraft being an old game (I feel old saying that haha) you have so many different generations of players who all have their own interpretations of what Minecraft should be and that creates a lot of ugly discourse whenever an update does get released. I mean, I've seen people still upset to this day that horses were added. The last time I kept up with any Minecraft internet discourse was when frogs were added and I saw a lot of people absolutely furious that frogs couldn't eat flies. (I think I'm remembering that correctly?) And that was the moment where it kind of hit me that what players want out of an update is not at all what I care about lmao

I love minecraft! I'll admit I go through seasons with it where I'll play for a week or longer and then just not want to for a time but it's always been one of my favorites and I always come back to it eventually. I mostly play creative mode and build stuff from tutorials on YT but I sometimes make my own builds and almost always alter something in the tutorials to better suit my needs or taste. I wish I had the motivation to make huge builds in survival but the grind to gather resources is not my fave especially when making something original because I don't want to tear it down if I don't like it.

Back