• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you buy skins in games ?

Skins.. yay or nah?

• Yes, I buy them!

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • No, I don't

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • Only as presents (Example: For birthdays, ...)

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Only when they are free (Example: Amazon Prime Twitch Capsule)

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Other (explain!)

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters

Princess Mipha

๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŠ๐š—๐š”๐šœ ๐š๐š˜๐š› ๐šŽ๐š๐š๐šœ โ‚แข.หฌ.โ‘…แขโ‚Ž
Bells
Switch
2701-5744-4416
Island
Phirone
Leif
Dreamy Easter Egg
Cyan Heart Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Pink Heart Balloon
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Spring Bloom Easter Egg
Yellow Pansy
Red Pansy
White Pansy
I must admit, I have spent way too much money on skins for League of Legends.. would I travel back in time to get my money back?
No way! Eh.. okay, maybe for one or two that were really not necessary.. there are still coming out new skins that I want, but with a kid now it's hard to justify spending it on something digital. :(

I'm a bit old school and very stubborn so I don't spend in gacha or any kind of skin.. ๐Ÿ˜”

I'm a bit old school and very stubborn so I don't spend in gacha or any kind of skin.. ๐Ÿ˜”
I wish I had that willpower! ๐Ÿ˜ญ

I usually donโ€™t invest rlc in online games so I only get the free skins.

Iโ€™m actually terrible for this ๐Ÿ˜† I spent over ยฃ400 on fortnite and I buy COD skins too, also FALL GUYS ones are sooooo cute, I play with my daughter and we buy matching skins ๐Ÿฉท

I donโ€™t think I would EVER buy a skin for REAL money in a video game. If it uses in game currency then sure, but otherwise, unless you get special features or something, youโ€™re just completely blowing your money on cosmetic features.

I don't play a ton of games where skins are a thing but I don't spend money on them ever, I only go for free skins. I do love to collect skins though and I'm not afraid to grind for them, I just won't pay money for them.

I don't play a lot of online games, but when I have (like, Fall Guys) I never felt like I wanted any of the costumes badly enough to pay real money for them. The Knight costume was one of my favorites, but was it worth the price of the whole pack to me? Nah. I'd grab the bonus Twitch Prime skins and stuff though.
If we're talking about single-player games though, I will absolutely buy DLC that just adds extra costumes or clothes. ๐Ÿ˜… I'm not entirely sure what the difference even is, but one I'm not really all that pressed about and the other I'm just like...gimme *grabby hands*

Nope. I don't like spending any money on just cosmetic items. DLC that actually adds gameplay content is fine, but otherwise, if I get the base game then I just hope it includes everything actually in the game, lol

I only buy them when they are available for free. Why pay extra for something for a game that will have a sequel? Most free things available in games are decent anyway.

nope, i hate microtransactions especially for something as pointless as cosmetics

I don't. They aren't worth it. I don't spend any money in mobile games.

Only if they're free anyway. Even then, I don't find myself using them that much, because the free ones are usually awful.

I'd never pay for them, though.

*Looks at the skins I've bought in Overwatch* *Cries in not being immune to getting cute skins for my favorite characters*

I have never purchased a skin or dlc for a game.... I don't know what it is but I just can't haha I already purchased the game I don't want to keep spending money :(

I don't often play the kinds of games that offer skins, but I have spent on 1 or 2 Genshin skins.... I think the value of something cosmetic like a skin is subjective and dependent on the person. If someone derives as much joy from looking at their favourite character in a new outfit as much as, say, rolling for a different character/weapon or even purchasing a completely new game, then I don't think their money was wasted. It could be argued that the effort it takes to design/model a skin is far less than that of implementing new game mechanics, and therefore the skin isn't worth the money, but hey, different strokes for different folks. I don't think there's a lot of overlap between the kinds of people that dislike skins and the people that play these kinds of games (often built on microtransaction models and assigning real-life value to in-game currency/items) anyway.

Only if it is an in game currency.

I think the only game I've played that was the free to play and we put real money into was the mmo digital masters world or digimon masters online. They didn't have skins for the player. But money could be used for other things. And we did some sort of package box thing that came with a variety of things including hats and outfits that would expire and had benefits to them. I had a blast in the game and just love the gameplay loop that is on it. Though it was a tid bit too grindy in the masters online one.
I hope to see another game that is very similar to that gameplay loop that is also monster based.

I'd imagine most skins on games are in a random box? So I wouldnt do it myself. I mean if they weren't and there wasn't a way to get a skin otherwise, and it was a game I loved then I could see using real money for one skin, the skin I liked the most and as long as it wasn't expensive. That is just me though and others can do whatever.

Back